+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    I wonder how Xebec will play later into the story.
    The coming Roger flashback sure will include his story, when he was Roger´s first and greatest opponent.
    Knowing BB called his ship "Saber of Xebec" and Rocks pirates being founded on Beehive island, brings a strong connection between those two characters.
    Luffy going after Roger´s dream and BB going after Rock`s dream to make the inherited will loop once again.
    Does this mean Ruffy and Coby against BB ?!
    Or maybe just Luffy... I doubt we will have that much of a parallel... Further more Garp fought with Roger the Rock pirates and not Rock alone

Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

I hope they send this marine after mihawk:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned already, but now that I was thinking about it, can the Marine send people to Wano? I mean, Wano is not part of the WG, so they shouldn't have any authority there. Sending officers there to arrest a criminal (particularly one that is in good terms with the local governor) wouldn't mean invading and disrespecting Wano's sovereignty?

EDIT: And it took me forever to realize this, but I just noticed W7 was exactly that. They sent their assassination force to act undercover on a state not affiliated to the WG. Then they came out of hiding, attacked and threatened the local governor and... nothing? Hopefully in the future we can see Iceburg leading an alliance of countries against the WG.

Does the WG operates under the modern ethical principles of international relations? I don't think so, especially in the case of a non-affiliated country ruled by pirates.

Anyway, in the real world the UN would sanction any act of aggression and threat to the peace, even if it's against a non-affiliated country... but the WG is not the UN. First of all, the WG is an entity that rules above the affiliated countries, so the sovereignty theme is already little shaky in that world, even if the countries have their own administrative autonomy. Also, the Marines belong to the Tenryuubito, thus the WG have its own army and a virtual monopoly of military power, which weakens the countries' sovereignty.

We can assume that some of the diplomatic rules inside the WG are similar to the UN, but probably only between the affiliated countries. I don't see them being nice to the rest of the world.

Nonetheless, international relations are much more like anarchy: your limits are your own power and the backlash of your actions. Only since the 20th century that humanity got to a level of international balance and contractual obligations that countries started to be sanctioned because of war crimes (and tey the big countries still can do most of what they want because the are just too powerful).

If you think about that, the WG can do whatever they want unless they piss off too much everybody.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; September 30th, 2019 at 01:59 PM.

Rocks
    Marshal
    Monkey
    Portgas
    Jaguar
    Trafalgar
    Gol

What is going on here?

In Anthropology, clans are expanded on from what is already commonly known. Clans are stipulated descent. They claim descent from apical ancestor without proving it and ancestors may be connected through supernatural connections, belief and ideals. My speculation has always been that the D clan members were not pirates. More like bandits (I know, not a lot different). They possibly ended up working with the ancestors of the CDs to stop a greater evil. I'm guessing that there are more names to go. Just like how the Nefertari didn't decide to live on Marie Geoise with the rest of the CDs, maybe many of the D clan differed in ideals. Also there's also the question of if the D clan and original CDs worked together, what were they going against? As much as some may not like the possibility of newer players in this world, it's there.

Many in the fandom believed that if you are submissive, like the Marines are, you can't have CoC. I never subscribed to that thought. You have to be born with CoC. So, what stops someone with CoC from joining the Marines? Their strong disposition? Can you not have a strong disposition like Kata and still be under your mother's crew or even BM in Rocks? Later on, it's revealed that Sengoku has CoC. Garp didn't want to work directly under the CDs. Many can say that Garp is probably CoC user as well.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Kind of a shame no marine is comparable to Garp as a rival of their PK era.

With Smoker being a failure and Coby still too far from Luffy, maybe Drake gives us the surprise.

Which is more possible?

Izo not appearing or being mentioned during this arc, then later thanking the crew for their attempt or success in helping Wano

or

Izo actually appearing in Wano arc or already has appeared in a sneaky way

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

With Smoker being a failure and Coby still too far from Luffy, maybe Drake gives us the surprise.
    You forget that most people outside of Buggy and his crew get significantly stronger over time, I bet smoker will come back much much stronger, He has to important a role to play in the marine civil war not to

Smoker is for sure that guy. He was too much for Luffy to handle during the entire pre-timeskip era. It's ok for him to have one arc where he's a bit weaker. Plus, him and Luffy have a relationship that seems pretty similar to what Garp and Roger's was. Mutual respect and they've even fought alongside each other, though ultimately, they will always be enemies.

Can't wait to see him whenever he shows up again. It's been too long for Ole Smokey.

Don't know if anyone said that, but I think the "taboo" that rox used was the double akuma no mi usage, and maybe blackbeard know about this at beehive, or have some kind of conection with rox, as noticed by his ship's name.

Right now the thing I'm most curious about is how far Oda's going to take the Old Gen/New Gen parallels.

Is Blackbeard going to have "New Gen" Kaidous, Big Moms, and Whitebeards in his crew? The Whitebeard one is especially interesting to me because for most of the series people have been theorizing about Luffy having a "Whitebeard to his Roger" at the end of the series, and this adds another layer to that. Maybe one of Luffy's "Whitebeard candidates (Law/Kidd/etc.)" joins up with the Blackbeard Pirates for the final arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

I'm just going to say that i think that Rocks were maybe not an alience, but more like WB and the other Emperors, Xebec was the strongest Pirate and he invited them to join, only Roger and his small crew didn't accept, like how Spades pirate were part of WB or the worst generation were part of BM and Kaido.

Also since I think no once has mentioned it, but I think Balkin was part of that crew, because Marco said she was active around 40 years ago.
    Post Merge is something....
    Spoiler:
    magical

I would be interested in Kuma's fruit(not Kuma) to join the crew, because it seems at some point they must jump back to Mariejois/Gyiojin Island, and it gets super easy to do so with the Paw Paw fruit.
    Unless a teleportation fruit gets introduced eventually.

I would be interested in Kuma's fruit(not Kuma) to join the crew, because it seems at some point they must jump back to Mariejois/Gyiojin Island, and it gets super easy to do so with the Paw Paw fruit.
    Unless a teleportation fruit gets introduced eventually.
    Did you mean to put this in the next crewmate thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Did you mean to put this in the next crewmate thread?
    Haha yes.

*Don't do drugs kids.

Well, luffy is the new garp and new roger at the same time, that is why he will be the best ever. Not only he follows the roger's footsteps, but he also follows garp, like how both beat continent buster head chinjao, both take on rocks crew.
    But yeah, luffy could use rival, he does have fujitora, if a bit too old. And maybe that is why luffy will be better then roger, because he doesn't have rivals, since roger was on par with wb and garp.

I want to see the guy who me Crocus

About the god valley disappearing after the incident, couldn't it just be because of the insane battle that took place there?
    I mean after akainu vs aokiji, the weather and typography of the island changed, soafter all these super legends fighting full throttle surely would have devastating effects to the island.. almost taking it to the verge of sinking it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I want to see the guy who me Crocus
    I doubt Oda remember that cover story.

I am curious to know why Xebec was intent on attacking the tenryubuittos. And additionally, why Roger felt it as a need to protect them. Roger would have known about them and there would be no need for him to protect them at all unless they possessed something that Xebec was keen on getting which would cause a much worse chaos than the tenryubuittos currently do? There should be something about this island that attracted Rocks and hence the cover up

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by mr.blues View Post
    I doubt Oda remember that cover story.
    I highly doubt that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information