+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 955: ENMA

Default Re: Chapter 955: ENMA

I think it is Usopp you see on a scafold next to Franky

Just read the chapter! I know it was out on Viz yesterday, but I waited until today so I'd have some manga to read at work. My god, that was wonderful. It didn't feel as impactful as the end to Act 1, but I'm very hyped for the next act. I think the Straw Hat Fleet will be showing up pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    A lot of people have explained why for them the cake was not a memorable moment during the chapter discussion back then.
    I think that difference of point of view is exactly the root of current incomprehension
    Disliking it doesn't alter what it is tho. One can't really make a subjective judgement that the huge part of the arc that is dedicated to showcasing him and his skillset doesn't count because you yourself don't care for it. That would just be willfully disregarding what is shown to you for your own biases.

Hi,

Take a look at the panel where zoro talks about sunnachi, check out the bamboos and the way they were cut.
    Zoro is definitely taking control over enma.
    As for law, he's got his own plans now, he did not join the alliance, nor his crew. The goal is the same though.
    Enma and wado were forged by the same bladesmith. But, never have we ever seen wado do shady stuff such as enma. So yeah, still need to know more about it.
    I'm not sure there is a snitch between the scabbard.

EDIT: Forget it, I'm annoying myself sticking to this discussion.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; September 14th, 2019 at 09:04 AM.

Why do we still need thousands of men when Luffy could just use CoC ? He did it on 50.000 fishmen, I dont get why it wouldn't work on 30.000 human

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Why do we still need thousands of men when Luffy could just use CoC ? He did it on 50.000 fishmen, I dont get why it wouldn't work on 30.000 human
    I mean, Wano is their home, they should get to fight too. Also unlike in Fishman Island, I doubt the enemy force is all going to be bunched in one place anyhow. I imagine everyone will be scattered as fuck.

Better quality goons.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Oh well, since you went through the trouble of "mentioning" me in some posts...

I don't think you understand the concept of "memorable moment".

I don't know if you fail to grasp the concept of "moment" (since you include things that were actually long processes instead of a single scene like "making the cake" and other things that were spread through his whole interaction with his family, from flashbacks to the current events, like "standing up to his family") or if it is the concept of "memorable" (since you include events that happened offscreen. How can we have memories of something we didn't even saw?), regardless you are totally missing the whole point.

Look at Cockycent post on the matter. Clearly he does understand what the point is because he is actually listing moments (whether they are memorable or not is up to discussion). You listed moments mixed with events mixed with even more in an extensive and exhaustive list of all Sanji feats post timeskip, which reinforces the notion you are misunderstanding the point and confusing memorable moments with "having done something".

Regarding your list, you say those "moments" are factually memorable and if we say they aren't it's our subjective reading (apparently one's judgement of whether something is memorable or not is only subjective when it disagrees with yours) and that we are dismissing Sanji feats, but one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. Nobody is questioning whether he did those things or if those things were relevant or not.
    Saying there wasn't a memorable moment in the whole baking process doesn't mean we are dismissing the fact making the cake was important and one of the center points of the second half of that arc. Sanji making a cake for Linlin that sent her to a state of bliss was a remarkable feat? Yes. It was a statement of his godly skills and mindset as a cook? Certainly. Was it a memorable moment? ... hmmm, no. It had plenty of moments involved in this whole thing and you could have cited one/some of them, then we could argue if they were memorable or not. Like, the scene where Pudding notices he is smiling and he says he is thinking of BM enjoying the cake... that was a moment (my personal favorite in the whole process). The panel he says the cake is going to take down BM, that was a moment (and I could see why it would be memorable to many people). Linlin going nuts eating the cake was one hell of a memorable moment but sadly not a Sanji moment even if caused by him. But instead of picking moments, you pick the whole process exactly because you fail to understand what is being discussed, and when we say "that wasn't a memorable moment" you go "you are dismissing it...".
    As it was a brief list written on the top of my head on my phone it is broad events in which Sanji had good moments, i assumed that to be understood, perhaps i was unclear. To me a good moment in story can cover anything from a single panel to a whole subplot. And i mean since you seem to feel that the wedding cake subplot showcased good moments it feels strange to me that you'd dismiss a whole umbrella point of "the wedding cake" as not being qualified as an in-series moment. I mean what did you infer that i was refering to there? Just curious in case i'm writing in a way where it is hard to get the gist of what i am talking about. As for the thing where you think i'm saying subjectiveness doesn't apply to me it couldn't be farther from what i was trying to (and perhaps failing to) get across. As for instance i read your post as dismissing the entite subplot of the wedding cake as not containing any good Sanji moments (which as noted earlier may not have been your intent) i was trying to note that certain things are subjective like liking or disliking the wedding cake subplot for instance, but other things like the wedding cake subplot being a significant plot moment for Sanji is not debatable in any way. I'm at no point saying me right you wrong, if that is how i am coming across. If this is a quarrel over a misunderstanding over the terminology i apologize for that. But i still stick to my notion that alot of APers are dismissive of or downplaying Sanjis screentime events (to avoid the word moment) based more on their personal tastes and dislikes rather than on him not receiving enough or lesser quality screentime

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Interesting that it was mentioned that Hiyori is located in the graveyards to the north.
    If only Wano wasn't a huge graveyard itself... Kidding, the suspect list gets even smaller now.
    Actually, it was only the JB translation that said that. MS just says "in the north" and VIZ says "somewhere in the north", so it seems like Orochi doesn't know exactly where she is the way JB implied. So if that's the case (and I'm inclined to go with that since two different translations went with that), that widens the suspect pool rather than narrowing it.
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; September 14th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I mean, Wano is their home, they should get to fight too. Also unlike in Fishman Island, I doubt the enemy force is all going to be bunched in one place anyhow. I imagine everyone will be scattered as fuck.
    I get the whole "yeah, friendship" thing, but on the other hand it's just more people getting killed and injured. Oda brought up that issue during the Great War as to why WB was letting all his men die. I think one of the explanations was something like "WB can barely use his haki, he has become too weak". Same goes for Shanks, when he stopped the war, he wasn't stupid enough to bring all his men with him, he just went there and stopped the damn war with ten of his men and a monkey.

Anyway, it looks like powerful men don't care about the life of their men. They're like "let them fight/die". After all, Sengoku has CoC too but didn't use it during the war

I get the whole "yeah, friendship" thing, but on the other hand it's just more people getting killed and injured. Oda brought up that issue during the Great War as to why WB was letting all his men die. I think one of the explanations was something like "WB can barely use his haki, he has become too weak". Same goes for Shanks, when he stopped the war, he wasn't stupid enough to bring all his men with him, he just went there and stopped the damn war with ten of his men and a monkey.

Anyway, it looks like powerful men don't care about the life of their men. They're like "let them fight/die". After all, Sengoku has CoC too but didn't use it during the war
    What? It has nothing to do with friendship, it's a literal war. You think the proud samurai of Wano would only let the strongest among them fight by themselves? That makes no sense. Whether or not they can take a CoC blast is irrelevant, you're not convincing them to stay home. As good as CoC, practically speaking you still need your average soldiers.

And I'm pretty sure the whole thing with Whitebeard is that he sent his crew/alliance into a war over just one of his sons. That's not comparable at all to people fighting to liberate their country. As for Shanks, for all we know the rest of his men were nearby, but it's a pretty moot point to bring up when Shanks had no intention of fighting a war to begin with.

The fishman pirates were meant to be pathetic losers, so of course they went down easily like that. These guys are supposed to be a big deal, so I doubt CoC will be taking outr a lot of them. For the good guys in particular, no way Oda will let the samurai of Wano be humilliated like that.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Better quality goons.
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/924/page/6

Y
    eah, sure.

Those 30000 men are irrelevant, the top 30-40 people are gonna be tough especially with Kaido being one of them.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

I'm all for the cake baking that happened in WCI, but the baking itself was very underwhelming. Think of Shokugeki no Soma as a reference for how Oda could have handled the cooking process.

That said, chapter 900 was one of the best written chapters of One Piece despite the fake out at the end. Big Mom eating the cake and hallucinating is a great Sanji moment, IMO.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jmena View Post
    All of the subplots are for the anime. SO don't worry.XD
    Haha unfortunately, I only read the manga.

I really loved the Sanji moments in Whole Cake, besides him beating up Luffy, of course. Just purely going off memory, I thought his farewell from Pudding was fantastic, especially the expanded portion later in the anime. I loved his ingenuity when they were transporting the cake. I thought his fight against Judge was a good showing of his character. I loved the scene when he finally reunited with Luffy and fed him. I thought almost everything with Sanji at the wedding was great.

I also think i read the manga differently than a lot of people. We're all along for the ride and I'm hyper aware of that fact. I'm not worried about a long list of things that need to be paid off and which ones haven't been so far. I read the manga week-to-week for close enough to free and enjoy it immensely. I understand the instinct to nitpick, but I very rarely do before the end of an arc. The only one I can think of that I have real, lasting issues with is Dressrosa. Still love discussing it and reading everyone's opinions, but I just don't really tend to nitpick when it's so often so good.

Edit: Has anyone talked about the large possibility that we get a chapter somewhere else, like the Reverie, now that the act has finished? Even going back to ole Moria would be nice.
    Last edited by andre; September 14th, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

1 of the few criticisms that I can agree with is that the cake baking should of been highlighted more, but it is understandable because it was more about hiding their intentions and feeding BM. That's all before you factor in how suffocating Luffy vs Katakuri was to the story

I highly doubt we get a Reverie chapter. The most we possibly get is updates from other characters. Mihawk/Perona and Teach were good. Who's next to update us (if we get any update at all) is the question.

Half chapter for Buggy and Weevil to give us an update on the Shichibukai matter. Then half chapter to the Revolutionary Army to give us ambiguous updates on what happened at the Reverie.

I will write that 1000 times on a notebook to force it into reality

I'm expecting some huge bombs next chapter. Reverie pretty much eclipsed the ending of WCI/ beginning of Wano and chapter 925 also kind of overshadowed the ending of Act 1. Now that people are super excited for Act III we need something even bigger to keep the pattern going.

I want to see where Perona is, more than all the other players, I truly did not expect her to make a return.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information