+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 892: ''The Land of Wano! To the Land of Samurai Where Cherry Blossoms Dance''

Default Re: 892: ''The Land of Wano! To the Land of Samurai Where Cherry Blossoms Dance''

Definitely agree with that.

Wonder if they'll still apply the new photography to the filler.

Default Re: 892: ''The Land of Wano! To the Land of Samurai Where Cherry Blossoms Dance''

There should be a break in August for the Obon festival, right?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Wow, quite a lot of responses on an episode thread! Had the chapter thread beat for a couple days too, lmao.

Finally got around to watching the episode and I'm definitely glad I didn't miss it. I'm onboard with just about anything that has kickass music, and "you-know-who's" musical accompaniment got me super hyped. The atmosphere, animation, just about every aesthetic aspect of the episode was amazing.

Now that's not to say the content wasn't good, but it did have a few issues that stuck out to me - namely the end. Splicing Zoro's and Luffy's scenes just didn't really mesh well for me. And how are you not gonna end on a shot of the samurai baboon? Luffy going gaga over that in the manga was a pretty fun way of presenting Wano, and a komainu tumbling toward him doesn't have quite the same effect. Also, the filler of Zoro's arrest was fine, but I'm not fully believing that he just got randomly framed from being in the wrong place at the wrong time - I definitely expected Shusui to be a major factor in him getting apprehended, but ah well, that's just my interpretation.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Wow, quite a lot of responses on an episode thread! Had the chapter thread beat for a couple days too, lmao.

Finally got around to watching the episode and I'm definitely glad I didn't miss it. I'm onboard with just about anything that has kickass music, and "you-know-who's" musical accompaniment got me super hyped. The atmosphere, animation, just about every aesthetic aspect of the episode was amazing.

Now that's not to say the content wasn't good, but it did have a few issues that stuck out to me - namely the end. Splicing Zoro's and Luffy's scenes just didn't really mesh well for me. And how are you not gonna end on a shot of the samurai baboon? Luffy going gaga over that in the manga was a pretty fun way of presenting Wano, and a komainu tumbling toward him doesn't have quite the same effect. Also, the filler of Zoro's arrest was fine, but I'm not fully believing that he just got randomly framed from being in the wrong place at the wrong time - I definitely expected Shusui to be a major factor in him getting apprehended, but ah well, that's just my interpretation.
    I mean, even in the manga, the primary charge against Zoro is that his the killer. They only uncover Shushui at the trial.
    “So you’re a grave robber as well” I believe was the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post

That was such a missed opportunity. Luffy's ''It has a sword. I must be in Wano.'' would have been the perfect ending of the first Wano episode. C'mon. Why wouldn't you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    That was such a missed opportunity. Luffy's ''It has a sword. I must be in Wano.'' would have been the perfect ending of the first Wano episode. C'mon. Why wouldn't you do it?
    random shit flying out of the woods isn’t a bad ending either. Probably saving the reveal for next episode.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information