+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Chapter 939: The Old Leopard Never Forgets the Way

Default Re: Chapter 939: The Old Leopard Never Forgets the Way

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There are still surprising elements like IMU and time travel.
    the Rox pirates too, can't wait to see that crew, and hopefully there Captain, I mean what kind of monster has Kaido, Big Mom, WhiteBeard, Bakkin and Shakky as subordinates lol

When do you think they will make there appearance, and is that the Lurking Legend Oda said would appear soon?

the Rox pirates too
    Yeah good point. ROX was a huge surprise, can't believe I didn't immediately go to that. ROX changed how I looked at the story's long-term progression in a huge way.

When do you think they will make there appearance, and is that the Lurking Legend Oda said would appear soon?
    Tough call. Maybe Elbaf unless Loki is a big bad. This would mean some theories I had for BB at Elbaf might change over to ROX unless the BB ideas occur *after* the main story of Elbaf.

And of course...there could totally be a completely new island we have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Some things can't be unseen huh. Just makes me long for when i was a kid and i never saw shit coming and got to enjoy everything like it didn't follow a pattern. But that's growing older i suppose, c'est la vie
    Ey! I have a theory myself you just reworded with different words: the more logic/consistency you ask of a series like One Piece, the less you are able to enjoy it. An example: the big ruckus about smile in PH, Dresrosa, etc on one side and the crab smile user we just saw some chaps ago who can't care properly the jail he's watching beause he walks sideways. In your terms: the adult complains about the logic and wonders "What's the big ruckus about the smiles if that crab can be that incompetent?". The kid laughs at the crab and doesn't pay attention to the inconsistency, because he can believe the story will be fun still.

But my version of the theory doesn't have to do with age, (because every human has an inner child). (((I used it to distinguish between complainers and people who can have fun despite of logic issues in the story (cough cough haki topic). But sure there're more quality standards involved.)))

So, read One Piece (and the likes) with your inner child eyes!
    Last edited by Ukimix; April 17th, 2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yeah good point. ROX was a huge surprise, can't believe I didn't immediately go to that. ROX changed how I looked at the story's long-term progression in a huge way.

Tough call. Maybe Elbaf unless Loki is a big bad. This would mean some theories I had for BB at Elbaf might change over to ROX unless the BB ideas occur *after* the main story of Elbaf.

And of course...there could totally be a completely new island we have no idea about.
    two other questions I have about the Rox pirates, they said in chapter 907 "Even without the Captain their strength is growing" do you think the Captain is dead? Are we only gonna see him in a flash back? And if so does that mean they've got a new captain or that the group is still that powerful without their captain and a good number of their strongest subordinates?

Also I was wondering, they said that Garp was called the Hero of the navy because he took down the Rox pirates, but now there gaining steam again.... So I was wondering if the remnants of that crew that are gaining power again are the level 6 prisoners that escaped?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    two other questions I have about the Rox pirates, they said in chapter 907 "Even without the Captain their strength is growing" do you think the Captain is dead?
    For some reason, I got from that chapter that Whitebeard was the captain of the Rox Pirates. They somehow disbanded after that incident with Garp and each became a Yonkou with their own formidable crew - as a whole the former Rox kept growing in strength - thus the Navy fears more than anything that they might find a cause to unite against.
    I'm not saying the above makes more sense than other possibilities, but I would probably prefer it over seeing another all-powerful enemy pop up out of nowhere (Imu was bad enough in that respect).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Honestly, that passage about Rox/Rocks/Locks is made to be super ambiguous, so I pretty much ignore any hint any translation may have given us because it could simply be the translator trying to make some sense out of it rather than the text actually saying it. Remember even Stephen seemed unsure if this thing was a group or a person based on how Garp and Hina spoke (and ultimately decided to go with it being a person).

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Big Mom being manipulated by Queen would have to be momentary, because Kaido+BM would be much of a team to defeat.

To me BM regaining her memories by a Luffy's hit will be... fantastic

Anyway there're more options, I guess.
    Yes it would be momentarily. Or perhaps a reason the Perospero... I mean Big Mom Pirates target the Beast Pirates instead of the alliance. They would not be allied with them, but merely focus on the Beast Pirates, because: how dare they manipulate their Mama. All the while, Chopper sweating because that is exactly what he did.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Yes it would be momentarily. Or perhaps a reason the Perospero... I mean Big Mom Pirates target the Beast Pirates instead of the alliance. They would not be allied with them, but merely focus on the Beast Pirates, because: how dare they manipulate their Mama. All the while, Chopper sweating because that is exactly what he did.
    Possible. But once Lilin regains her memory... maybe... they'll become allies with Kaido to defeat or pursuit Luffy... It's hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Possible. But once Lilin regains her memory... maybe... they'll become allies with Kaido to defeat or pursuit Luffy... It's hard to predict.
    I don't see that happening. Kaido is going to be peeved she's even there and already threatened her not to come. One of the only logical ways Kaido falls in this arc is by Big Mom being a part of the fight against him; whether it's knowingly to help the SH Alliance or otherwise. My money bets she fights him but not to help anyone just because she has no choice. Then the majority of the Supernova help with the fight. It's going to take some Whitebeard-Marineford type damage to kill this man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information