+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 936: Sumo Inferno

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Chapter 936: Sumo Inferno

Am I crazy or do the Beast pirates not understand that someone with proficiency in Haki can use that to defend themselves against the blades in their decapitation collars? Taking off the seastone cuffs was bad enough but calling it worse having the neck chopper on is ludicrous if you can make your neck armored enough to resist, and let's face it, something that small can't possibly have a strong enough mechanism to propel the blades out strongly enough to break through a significantly solid substance (at least if you operate within the parameters of reasonable reality). If they mentioned something like 'even a Haki user can't block these babies!' or whatever, that would be one thing. I know that doesn't do Hyougoro any good but Luffy sure could, and if he had to, he could probably squeeze his rubber hands into Hyougoro's collar and Haki block those blades too, if not rip off the collar while he's at it. I know Big Mom's security staff was incompetent as well but this is really stretching the bounds of WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Am I crazy or do the Beast pirates not understand that someone with proficiency in Haki can use that to defend themselves against the blades in their decapitation collars? Taking off the seastone cuffs was bad enough but calling it worse having the neck chopper on is ludicrous if you can make your neck armored enough to resist, and let's face it, something that small can't possibly have a strong enough mechanism to propel the blades out strongly enough to break through a significantly solid substance (at least if you operate within the parameters of reasonable reality). If they mentioned something like 'even a Haki user can't block these babies!' or whatever, that would be one thing. I know that doesn't do Hyougoro any good but Luffy sure could, and if he had to, he could probably squeeze his rubber hands into Hyougoro's collar and Haki block those blades too, if not rip off the collar while he's at it. I know Big Mom's security staff was incompetent as well but this is really stretching the bounds of WTF.
    We are talking about a crew where the captain just homerunned two goons because they told him to not understimate two rookies.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    We are talking about a crew where the captain just homerunned two goons because they told him to not understimate two rookies.
    Would it be all right to ask for clarification? We haven't seen Kaido for a while so it can't be him if it 'just' happened so which captain are we referring to here? The pronoun game isn't working for me. But at least this explains how Kidd was able to escape so seemingly easily and Raizo managed to get this far without being caught until just now. Also why the frack haven't we seen any further glimpses of Caesar Clown? He's clearly in there with them, isn't he?

. Also why the frack haven't we seen any further glimpses of Caesar Clown? He's clearly in there with them, isn't he?
    Didn't they parted ways with Caesar back in Totland?

Seemed powerful enough to break solid stone with ease. Could probably be presumed to be powerful enough to clip a new worlders head off based on how confident funky obelix is being about his creation.

While using Haki, Luffy was still cut/pierced by Hodi and Cracker. There is no way the PSI of that collar would beat a roided up White Shark Fishman or one of the strongest people in the world but that thing took out the stone pillar like it was nothing. Luffy may be able to resist it, maybe not, usage of armament does not mean one becomes impenetrable.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't they parted ways with Caesar back in Totland?
    My bad, I meant Caribou.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Seemed powerful enough to break solid stone with ease. Could probably be presumed to be powerful enough to clip a new worlders head off based on how confident funky obelix is being about his creation.
    I guess below a certain tier of user, but someone at Luffy's level? I wouldn't take that chance but that's just me.

I think Luffy is gonna pull a "Raiglegh" with the collars.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Have we ever seen an indication that Haki could resist something like this? It didn't seem to be an option for Sanji's exploding cuffs in WCI. Amazon Lily showed that Haki isn't completely impenetrable, even against non-Haki attacks.

Spoiler:

Besides, the crux of the matter is not wether Luffy can tank the collar but how he gets through the match while keeping old man Hyo alive. If he pulls a Rayleigh good for him, but I think the other option where he has to fight while constantly protecting a weakened ally is more interesting. Either way I wouldn't pay much attention to the collar, in the end it will probably amount to as much as Sanji's bracelets in WCI
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

The thing is, every one of them is dumb as fuck. That's their schtick of being the violent horde of goons.

Like you guys wouldn't have a prison sumo tournament

I suppose Raizo has thekey to his friend in the cage. Wth his "but" I am now convinced he is missing some limbs like someone suggested.

It should not be to hard to link the recent return of Germa's stealth black to the recent discover of a new Vinsmoke that work with the strawhats. Also they saw Nami without costume.

The collar thing is pure stupidity. Luffy has proven to be able to fight the jailers with the cuffs. That's how he was escaping. Letting him get stronger when the point of the game is to slowly beat him until he is desperate enough to surrender is moronic.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Like you guys wouldn't have a prison sumo tournament
    Only if it doubles as a Queen concert.

I think Oda realized that the villains Doffy-like recklessness is easier to justify if you establish from the start that the villain has a death wish.

Would it be all right to ask for clarification? We haven't seen Kaido for a while so it can't be him if it 'just' happened so which captain are we referring to here? The pronoun game isn't working for me. But at least this explains how Kidd was able to escape so seemingly easily and Raizo managed to get this far without being caught until just now. Also why the frack haven't we seen any further glimpses of Caesar Clown? He's clearly in there with them, isn't he?
    I don't remember the chapter number, but the name was "Little Pirate Games". As Kaido was with some goons talking about Luffy, they said he shouldn't underestimate him, then Kaido said something like "Or what?" and sent two of them flying with his club.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Reminds me of Big Mom telling Kaido she would be over and he was doityouwon'timmakillyou then she arrived with her crew and he threw a fit until King arrived. Life on the edge indeed.

Spoiler:

Really feel that people are overthinking the whole collar thing.

I know that doesn't do Hyougoro any good but Luffy sure could, and if he had to, he could probably squeeze his rubber hands into Hyougoro's collar and Haki block those blades too, if not rip off the collar while he's at it.
    No, I would not say Luffy could "probably" do that, that's a pretty wild overestimation of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I suppose Raizo has thekey to his friend in the cage. Wth his "but" I am now convinced he is missing some limbs like someone suggested.
    Some have suggested that it's actually the keys for Kid. I would actually lean towards that, because with Kawamatsu, there's alternatives for freeing him. Whereas with Kid, he already escaped, so he pretty much needs the keys to his cuffs now.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Someone suggested it could Kidd's handcuffs key. That idea could be interesting

To me Queen's decision to remove Luffy's handscuff adds to his character. Most likely he knows the news about Luffy, but he seems to think: "Ey let's have a good tourney" and good means also a fair one. If you asume he's aware of Luffy strength, he simply has a huge confidence on himself and also doesn't want to take much advantage. It fits a healthy festive mood imo.

And Hawkings didn't see the national treasure coming... Such a powerful punch

Zoro fighting Whitebeard's actual son, lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information