+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

And here we go again! Generation 8, due late 2019 on the Switch!

Last edited by Robby; February 27th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

I'm pretty hyped, not only for the launch of the game later this year, but, for the marketing cycle (i.e. it's probably going to be similar to Sun & Moon, so we will probably be getting videos once a month until launch introducing new Pokemon, introducing new mechanics, 1, of which, is already rumored by a "leaker", showing returning mechanics (hopefully regional variants), showing off more of the region etc. etc).

Also, so far, though I got to see more, I'm probably going with either the Grass Monkey starter or the Water Salamander-thing starter.

More likely is a water chameleon, see the front claws.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Rabbit seems destined to go for some kind of sports theme, and Fire/Fighting AGAIN, (Maaaybe fire/ground?) so I'm probably going to go water starter once again.

Going just by game titles andnot knowing the exclusives at all, I'll probably go with Shield.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    More likely is a water chameleon, see the front claws.
    And the way it started out camouflaged? =P

I really like Scorbunny's design but I went with fire last gen so I'll probably pick a different one this time. It might depend on the later forms though because Sobble is kinda lame/boring to me and Grookey is, well, another monkey. Both have potential for great evolutions but also for not-so-inspired evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    And the way it started out camouflaged? =P
    Lol, yeah. I wonder if it will get protean, or something like it.

By the way, GX has the story of the giant drawing in the ground, but my old english transcription abilities are lacking, so here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerne_Abbas_Giant kinda nsfw.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sobble is my child.

For a open world game the map is pretty linear. But there's a lot in every corner, so I'm totally fine with this sense of progression from starting at the bottom and climbing up to the top.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Aw man, the starters haven't been good since gen 4. X and Y starters were pretty good again, but sun & moon's were pretty bad. Guess I'll go with grass monkey, that funky monkey.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

The texture looks more natural, his face looks more round, eyes don't look soulless.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Scorbunny has the potential to evolve into either a fire/lightning or a fire/steel type. If they are going with the soccer theme, I go with the first option.

Huh. Just realized the "Scor" in Scorbunny can stand for Scorch or Score.

The Alola region feels like it came out yesterday. I expect more spin-off pokemon in this game too, among other things. I look forward to that, though it's not yet clear what the Galar region is based on.

Edit: Britain maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    The Alola region feels like it came out yesterday. I expect more spin-off pokemon in this game too, among other things. I look forward to that, though it's not yet clear what the Galar region is based on.

Edit: Britain maybe?
    Its based on the UK

I'm in love with that rabbit.
    But I also love the monkey.
    How do I choose?!?!

EDIT: I also really like the logo design. Will the version legendaries both be wolf-themed?
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; February 27th, 2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: I can only hope for some more Swinub, too.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...65/428/b9a.jpg

The texture looks more natural, his face looks more round, eyes don't look soulless.
    In this comparison picture, the Let's Go one looks better by a landslide. It really pops and looks incredibly smooth/realistic in 3D. Despite having 0 interest in that game, I got pretty excited about the character and pokémon models and how they looked in combat. The Gen 8 screenshsot, on the other hand, looks like a cel-shaded mostly-2D mess. No better than 3DS really. I'm seriously hoping in the actual game it'll look and feel much better.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:

I usually go with the Grass type starter but damn that fire bunny looks cool

It should be noted that footage for the game is not definitive. Who knows how smooth it's going to look by the time it launches.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information