+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1896

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Is it just me or does that silhouette just look like a Gigantamax form for Incineroar? Even the tail is identical.
    It looks like a monkey to me, but it could also be the Gigantamax form of that electric cat that I forgot the name.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It looks like a monkey to me, but it could also be the Gigantamax form of that electric cat that I forgot the name.
    Zeraora? they say its a new Pokemon, so its a new Pokemon. Look at the movie kid, it should give us some hints since like I said, it looks like the silhouette, I'm expecting a monkey even though we have a gorilla as the starter this region.

Spoiler:

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Zeraora? they say its a new Pokemon, so its a new Pokemon. Look at the movie kid, it should give us some hints since like I said, it looks like the silhouette, I'm expecting a monkey even though we have a gorilla as the starter this region.

Gorillas aren't monkeys. They are apes.

The "hands for feet" is also giving me monkey feelings. Which I am always in for.

And looking at the poster, yup. Young Tarzan is definitely the new pokémon.

EDIT: So people already figured it out:
    Last edited by .access timeco.; February 18th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at. I'm talking about mons that I was importing from Gen 7. I think as soon as they imported to Home from Bank, all the hyper trained stat data was completely lost. It doesn't show in Home, and it doesn't show after transferring to Sword. I think it's permanently gone. I had to spend about 25 extra bottle caps (and one gold) to redo most of my shinies, and that's just the ones that are currently compatible with Sw/Sh. It will be a LOT more if/when the rest are compatible, whether for this gen or future.
    From Serebii:
    Some maintenance has been announced for Pokémon HOME. On February 25th at 01:30 UTC to 11:30 UTC, the service will be inoperable. During this maintenance, they will fix a bug that existed where, before 09:00 UTC on February 12th, if you transferred Hyper Trained Pokémon from Bank into HOME, they would have lost their Hyper Training. If you have a Pokémon such as that, if you return them to HOME for the duration of the maintenance, the Hyper Training will be restored.
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

That's a relief for all the stuff I left in Home because it wasn't compatible. It would have been great if they communicated this sooner because I already spent all my resources fixing the other ones.

Managed to snipe from GTS all legendaries with HAs available. That pokedex doesn't list unreleased HAs, not only from gen8 starters, fosils, the early route quartet, but also the tapus and heatran.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Legendary HAs are whatever, but I still really hope they don't wait almost a year and a half for HA starters this gen. I had over 1000 hours combined between Sun and Ultra Moon before the gen 7 ones were released, and by then I was done with the games and didn't have any motivation. I just now got around to making a shiny Intimidate Incineroar. In Sw/Sh it's only made worse by the fact that Leon has a Libero Cinderace. Ideally we get them with the first round of DLC.

My guess is that when they release their gmax forms, you get the option to give it to your starter and they start showing up in raids, with their HA.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, let me try it here as well, I have an extra gmax machamp, and I’m looking for gmax gengar.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

They turned Mojo Jojo into a Pokemon.

Does he learn sandstorm

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Looks like a fun mythical, though that ability is worthless.

Has anyone tried the Mewtwo raids? Now that's what I call a raid!! The problem is coordination with randos; it's nearly impossible to get a good team and just bringing your favorite level 100 mon simply isn't going to cut it here. I tried several times and only managed to win twice. For the first win, I brought an Assault Vest Umbreon, which gave it nearly 600 effective SpDef. However that's still only enough to tank a couple unboosted fighting-type hits, and Mewtwo spams Calm Mind or Nasty Plot almost every turn. We won because of great teamwork and support. Particularly from a Prankster Grimsnarl running Taunt/Light Screen, which inspired me to modify my own Grimmsnarl with those moves, and that was my winner the second time. I ran it with Leftovers for recovery, though it might not really make a difference and perhaps I should just go with Light Clay.

Either way it's still difficult without proper coordination. Super useful things:
    1. Prankster Taunt for the opening turn... but this doesn't work if the Mewtwo starts with barriers, which it sometimes does. But for that, the best recourse is...
    2. Spectral Thief Marshadow, to immediately steal any boosts Mewtwo gets, either because Taunt wasn't possible or because it wore off. This requires some luck though because Marshadow dies in one hit to pretty much any Psychic move, even with Assault Vest (I tried).
    3. Once there was a Lunala spamming Wide Guard, which is probably a bit of a waste, but it helps against Blizzard and Rock Slide spam if there is concern of a field wipe
    4. Moves that heal the team might actually be good, or just items to heal yourself if needed just to survive.
    5. At least one team member needs to be able to reliably attack and do decent damage, and someone really does need to Dynamax just to whittle down those barriers as quickly as possible.
    I haven't gotten a Mewtwo raid to spawn for me yet, but if one does it would be really fun to try with a coordinated team and not randos.
    Last edited by Foolio; February 27th, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

Shoutout to Corsola with eviolite also being a cool tanky option. It can take a lot of non-boosted hits and has a chance of disabling moves with curse body, while being immune to focus blast.

However, if you don’t have good damage dealers, it’s a pain since it does very little damage and should really only be attacking to break barriers or via dynamax.

Durant got crushed even with focus band.

Fire punch, earthquake, bulk up variant.

I kinda want to try sableye.

Shouldn't save after any experiment until it works.

We were a mess, but we won. My (Foolio's) Dynamax Dragapult, with ghost-dragon-bug to try and get the propper reduction, open with ghost, follow up with the appropiate attack reducing stat, a grimmsnarl that got the taunt in, but then prioritized light screen instead of reflect when the mewtwo showed being a physical set, a Tyranitar who went down on one punch, and a melmetal who survived 3 fire dynamax moves, to go down with earthquake. Myself I almost fucked up on the last turn, instead of healing my last sliver of life, I went dragon darts and left mewtwo in the last sliver of life, should have gone phantom force or healed, if he hasn't missed with rock slide, we would have lost. Also I didn't put any item.

Bulk up, Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Punch.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This thing looks like a regular pokémon, nothing like a mythical... which, in my eyes, is a very positive thing. I really like the design.

It also looks different enough from the other monkeys we have, but did it really need to be part Grass? I mean, this is the third time and we actually got a grass monkey starter on this very generation.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Durant got crushed even with focus band.

Fire punch, earthquake, bulk up variant.

I kinda want to try sableye.

Shouldn't save after any experiment until it works.

We were a mess, but we won. My (Foolio's) Dynamax Dragapult, with ghost-dragon-bug to try and get the propper reduction, open with ghost, follow up with the appropiate attack reducing stat, a grimmsnarl that got the taunt in, but then prioritized light screen instead of reflect when the mewtwo showed being a physical set, a Tyranitar who went down on one punch, and a melmetal who survived 3 fire dynamax moves, to go down with earthquake. Myself I almost fucked up on the last turn, instead of healing my last sliver of life, I went dragon darts and left mewtwo in the last sliver of life, should have gone phantom force or healed, if he hasn't missed with rock slide, we would have lost. Also I didn't put any item.

Bulk up, Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Punch.
    I don't know how the sets work. I am starting to think it always has access to a huge move pool, and picks super-effective moves more or less at random, as well as buffs. I had not noticed a physical vs. special divide per raid, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. You got lucky because almost every time I've seen Blizzard in the set, and it doesn't hesitate to immediately 1-shot any Dragon types with Max Hailstorm. At any rate I don't have Reflect on my set; no room for it without destroying TRs and physical Mewtwo isn't anywhere near as scary.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    This thing looks like a regular pokémon, nothing like a mythical... which, in my eyes, is a very positive thing. I really like the design.

It also looks different enough from the other monkeys we have, but did it really need to be part Grass? I mean, this is the third time and we actually got a grass monkey starter on this very generation.
    My initial thought was that maybe this was an alternate scrapped Grookey evolution, or at least a scrapped concept for this gen's Grass starter.

Yup, next round got the nasty plot set, blizzard, psycho cut, an special fire move that went into special fire max move, and aura sphere.

I read around that it was psychic (Psycho cut), ice (Blizzard), fire (Fire punch and fire blast?), rock (Rock slide), ground (Earthquake) and fighting (Aura sphere and brick break), with bulk up and nasty plot, but you say calm mind, witch I haven't seen yet. I might have read surf arond? i dunno. And I'd find it very weird that no version packs thunderbolt.

So: normal, fighting, flying, poison, rock, ground, steel, bug, dragon, fire, grass, electric, dark or ice are in danger.
    Yes to: Water, Ghost, Fairy or psychic might be in the clear.

My initial perception is 4 attacking moves and one of the boosting moves, but <shrug>.

My prediction is that there are 3 sets (maybe even up to 6, with them being different from sword or shield), mainly differentiated by the boosting move.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm pretty sure Calm Mind has happened multiple times to me. And I have for sure seen it use Zen Headbutt and I think Psystrike as well. Serebii shows 3 different drop tables for Mewtwo so it might correspond to 3 different sets.

So, yesterday they also revealed the results of Pokémon of the Year. Despite the name, it is just a popularity poll, so here is the top 10:

Here you can see more detailed results: https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

For those who can't check the links, the top 10:
    Spoiler:
    1.Greninja (140,559)
    2.Lucario (102,259)
    3.Mimikyu (99,077)
    4.Charizard (93,968)
    5.Umbreon (67,062)
    6.Sylveon (66,029)
    7.Garchomp (61,877)
    8.Rayquaza (60,939)
    9.Gardevoir (60,596)
    10.Gengar (60,214)

Regional Top 30
    Spoiler:

As far as I know, this is the first general poll we have since XY were released (we got a poll after S&M, but that one was Gen VII only). Back then Greninja won, but I thought it was just because of all the hype at the moment. Really surprised to see it is still the most popular of them all and yet TPCi keeps treating Charizard as the #1.
    I wonder if they will eventually go back to hype Greninja and, similar to Blastoise and Venusaur with Charizard, Delphox and Chesnaught can benefit from it - would only be fair since the trio was left out of their own Gen gimmick.

- Charizard is only #4, Pikachu #19, Eevee #20 and Mewtwo is not even among the top 30. And yet TPCi keeps treating them as the most popular of them all (which is fine in Pikachu's case since it is Pokémon's mascot).

- Sceptile being more popular than Blaziken was something I would never expect. Same for Decidueye beating Incineroar (the hyped Alolan starter) and Primarina (who was voted the most popular by far after the games came out).

- Snom is currently the most popular Bug type. I like it.

- The petty side of me was glad to see Sylveon wasn't the most popular eeveelution.

- Dragapult is currently the most popular pseudo.

- Unova and Galar are the only regions without a starter among their top 5. Also the only regions without a representative on the general top 10.

- Somehow not only Fennekin but even Delphox got more votes than Braixen!?

- Both Bulbasaur and Squirtle got more votes than Charmander.

- Volcarona and Tyrantrum are the only of my #1 favorites from each region that made into the list... this is an info that interests nobody.

- Meganium, Emboar and Chesnaught are the only fully evolved starters to not appear in their region top 30. If we were to rank the others:
    Spoiler:
    1.Greninja (140,559)
    2.Charizard (93,968)
    3.Decidueye (44,011)
    4.Sceptile (38,724)
    5.Blaziken (38,307)
    6.Typhlosion (35,184)
    7.Infernape (33,267)
    8.Incineroar (29,925)
    9.Cinderace (26,892)
    10.Swampert (26,540)
    11.Primarina (25,953)
    12.Serperior (22,269)
    13.Empoleon (21,773)
    14.Inteleon (20,697)
    15.Torterra (20,632)
    16.Feraligatr (18,245)
    17.Blastoise (16,795)
    18.Samurott (11,444)
    19.Delphox (10,889)
    20.Venusaur (10,454)
    21.Rillaboom (8,625)
    ???. Meganium, Emboar, Chesnaught (???)

The Tepig line is the only one to not appear in any stage, while Cyndaquil, Treecko and Fennekin lines got every stage in.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; February 28th, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

There are so many Pokemon beta leaks today it's not even funny. Two words: drill squid.

Spoiler:

https://gssource.neocities.org/sprites.html

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information