+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1667

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

I'm complaining that all they reveal is Kanto related not that they aren't revealing enough, they did exaggerate with the reveals in the last few gens.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    I'm complaining that all they reveal is Kanto related not that they aren't revealing enough, they did exaggerate with the reveals in the last few gens.
    Nah... It is pretty annoying, I agree. I mean...

We do have some Pokemon outside of generation 1 getting some stuff (i.e. Galarian Zigzagoon line, ending in new evolution of Obstagoon, Gigantamax Dreadnaw, Corviknight, Alcremie) but even then, generation 1 does have a majority of the new stuff still. lol

I don't mind it too much, but I know why some find it annoying, since, you know...there is 7 other generations (counting this one) too.

I agree. I'm okay with them not revealing everything and leaving some surprises... But what they reveal is just showing a clear Gen I bias. It's worse in these games than in the past, thanks to the lack of the National Dex. Now every Gen I Pokemon that is here will be there in the place of some later Gen Pokemon.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Worst part is, Charizard is for sure the only Gen 1 starter getting a Gigantamax. Fuck Blastoise and Venusaur I guess. lol

I guess that's what happens when Leon, the Champion, has you as a freaking ACE Pokemon.

Just wait until we get the obligatory Gigantamax Mewtwo reveal...

Yeah, I'm with all of you. Gen 1 pandering is so freaking old and has been at the heart of 3 generations, now.

Weak trailer.
    Charizard only has one gigantamax form and no Galar form.
    Game freak has really gone off the rails this time I can't believe them.

Actually my problem ist not necessary the GenI pandering, but more how it is always the same GenI Pokemon receiving it. Sirfetchd, Ponyta and Weezing are all fine, as they deserve it. But as if Charizard didn't get enought fanservice already. It could get only worse if it got an Galar Form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rundas View Post
    Actually my problem ist not necessary the GenI pandering, but more how it is always the same GenI Pokemon receiving it. Sirfetchd, Ponyta and Weezing are all fine, as they deserve it. But as if Charizard didn't get enought fanservice already. It could get only worse if it got an Galar Form.
    It's definitely the Gen 1 part for me, since it's been almost exclusive for three gens now. I accepted it well enough in Kalos, but I see no reason why they couldn't have made Alolan forms from a different generation. If it's just about certain pokemon being pandered to, then it shouldn't be that much of an issue since the only pokemon from gen 1 to get special treatment and Alola and Galar (that we've seen so far) is Meowth.

For me, it's not that gen 1 is getting love that's bothering me, it's the other gens being largely ignored. I'm hoping that the Zigzagoon line is hinting at more variants from other gens. I guess mostly gen 1, but some from the others would be a lot better than just gen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Charizard only has one gigantamax form and no Galar form.
    You were expecting a Galar Charizard?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    You were expecting a Galar Charizard?
    Galar form starters would be great!

I see were you're coming from and I share your thoughts on GameFreak largely ignoring the other gens since GenVI. The sad thing is that GenII apparently has its 20th anniversary this year. And did some GenII Pokemon get any love so far?

Yes a Galar Charizard that has two version exclusive forms would be great.
    Totally need that.
    How else am I going to relate to little kids and the GO players?
    What's a zigagon again? That's lame is that the brown pikachu?

Quote Originally Posted by Rundas View Post
    I see were you're coming from and I share your thoughts on GameFreak largely ignoring the other gens since GenVI. The sad thing is that GenII apparently has its 20th anniversary this year. And did some GenII Pokemon get any love so far?
    Who?
    Oh that's the generation with the smaller size pikachu.
    Yeah I don't really much about the game probably because there's no charizard.

I won't lie, Giga Charizard is the coolest Charizard has ever looked. I dislike Charizard since the RB days, so long before any pandering it could get, but I can't get enough of how ridiculously badass this new form looks. And I hate that.

Why do Raichu and Persian even exist?

And relevant.
    Last edited by Robby; October 16th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Why do Raichu and Persian even exist?
    To...teach kids evolution isn't always a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Yes a Galar Charizard that has two version exclusive forms would be great.
    I mean, we kinda already saw a Charizard in the first trailer show and it was like any Charizard, so the very idea was deconfirmed from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I mean, we kinda already saw a Charizard in the first trailer show and it was like any Charizard, so the very idea was deconfirmed from day 1.
    You're assuming they're unwilling to have two versions of the same monster? When Charizard and Mewtwo both got two different mega forms?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It also seems really grubby that they're locking the gigantamax pikachu to people who buy Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee to people who bought LGE. It's so clear they're trying to get people to buy multiple versions of nearly the same game otherwise they can't catch 'em all.... which is not what trading was originally about. I'm just so sick of Gamefreak's practices.

Also, these should all just be mega evolutions. Making the Pokemon into kaiju just looks kinda dumb in my opinion. It sucks that we lost all of the megas for this new power up. So now, instead of nearly 50 megas split across multiple generations, we get these new kaiju forms for gen 1 pokemon and inflated versions of everything not gen 1. The proportions just look weird when you balloon up a form 1 Pokemon to be the same size as Wailord. They should've just made the Gigantamax Pokemon new mega forms. Forget the stupid inflation gimmick. They keep adding new gimmicks at the expense of things which actually work. Last gen we got Z moves, but lost triple and rotation battles. This gen, we get Kaiju battles and lose mega evolution. How about we bring back triple and rotation battles along with megas, retcon the gigantamax forms into new megas (Mega Charizard Z, etc.), ditch the kaiju gimmick and leave Z moves on the ash heap of bad ideas. I wouldn't mind the gimmicks if they didn't keep cutting things which are actually good and well liked.

I dunno... these games feel like a massive misfire to me. I like the new Pokemon.... and basically nothing else.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You're assuming they're unwilling to have two versions of the same monster? When Charizard and Mewtwo both got two different mega forms?
    A regional variant and a special evolution are two different things.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I dunno... these games feel like a massive misfire to me. I like the new Pokemon.... and basically nothing else.
    New Pokemon is basically 90% of the appeal in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information