+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1382

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

If we can get an official reveal of Impidimp out of it, I'm fine. Still, good concept, underwhelming delivery.

As for Ponyta... I want to like it, but I don't. Maybe it will look better on the artwork, but the model makes it look like a living toy made of a single piece of plastic. I hope GF figure out how to properly texturize fur by the next generation. Also it makes me think of the 80's with that high volume hair and the leg warmers.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; October 5th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

So a whole 24 hour event just to show a pokemon we've known about since June and a single Galarian gen 1 pokemon? What a colossal waste of time.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I look forward to seeing Galarian Rapidash. I hope it is super majestic.

That 24 hour stream had fewer reveals than most trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That 24 hour stream had fewer reveals than most trailers.
    Yeah. Feels like a neat idea with bad execution. Would have been great for just a few hours, but 24 hours with such little shown in a basically static environment? Doesn't work for me, dawg. I didn't spend a significant amount of time watching, though, so no harm, but I feel bad for a guy like Joe Serebii.

Isn't this entire reveal schedule unusual? We haven't even seen the starters' mid-evolutions and the game will be out in little over a month. It felt like for Sun and Moon they revealed almost every new critter there is months in advance.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

The middle evolutions always come 1 month before the release. If they follow the regular schedule, we should get them next week or the one after that.

As for reveals in general, apparently they are taking a different approach this time compared to S&M and trying to not reveal too much. There was even a survey on the Pokémon Secret Club asking if people preferred to see the starters mid-evolutions before the release or wait to meet them while playing the game (so they actually were considering the possibility of not showing the mid-evolutions at all this time).

So what type is that Ponyta? Looks like a fairy to me. Depending on how Rapidash looks i might put it on my team.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I feel like they whiplashed too far in the opposite direction, reveal-wise. This dripping of info isnt doing enough to hype me. Its interesting for a day or 2 but quickly leaves me feeling what else. I don't want a 90% dex reveal like Sun/Moon but this is really starting to make me feel like theres barely going to be any new pokemon this generation.

As someone who wasn't terribly bothered by lack of National Dex, the feeling that this gen won't be bringing too much to the table has been creeping on me for a bit. The 18 Gyms thing was a huge shot in the arm but then was quickly dashed as just lore fluff. I'm very eager for another pokemon direct to prove me wrong.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    So what type is that Ponyta? Looks like a fairy to me. Depending on how Rapidash looks i might put it on my team.
    Rumor is Ponyta is pure Fairy-type, then, when it turns into Rapidash, it becomes Fairy/Flying-type (Pegasus)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The middle evolutions always come 1 month before the release. If they follow the regular schedule, we should get them next week or the one after that.

As for reveals in general, apparently they are taking a different approach this time compared to S&M and trying to not reveal too much. There was even a survey on the Pokémon Secret Club asking if people preferred to see the starters mid-evolutions before the release or wait to meet them while playing the game (so they actually were considering the possibility of not showing the mid-evolutions at all this time).
    There is a Pokemon 30th Anniversary stream later this month (in like a week and a half / two weeks). I can easily see the 2nd form of the starters be there (don't expect the final form to be revealed before release this generation).

Though... Everything is probably leaking like...2 weeks or so before the game is out (which is soon). So...

I wouldn't say reveals have been exactly lacking. Just a month ago we got information in a direct with info about gameplay and new mechanics (like sausages!), and two new pokemon. Shortly after that we got a tease for another pokemon followed by the official Sirfetch'd reveal, shortly after that we got a massive info drop from game informer, and shortly after that we got this live stream thing where one more new pokemon was shown.

All of this happened within one month. I kind of like that it remains constant and at the same time doesn't over reveal the whole game like last gen. I think in this one the pokemon company are victims of pokemon fans being impossible to please, since on one hand some people don't want to know anything, others want to know everything already, and many are somewhere in the middle.

Regarding the stream, I think it was a cool idea for them to try, though it was silly to use it just for one pokemon reveal and not to tease more. It's also hard to say it was a failure on their end when there were constantly 15k people in that stream, a constant flurry of tweets and activity whenever something happened, and it got galarian ponyta to trend on twitter. Also, while it sucks for serebii and media, i don't think there's an actual expectation for anyone to sit there watching it for 24 hours... though they really should have realized that multiple people would do exactly that.

Regarding the reveal, I love fairies and the new ponyta is likely one. The design is also great for me (looks like Sweetie Belle!), and I think so far this is my favorite pokemon of this gen. I can't wait to get the official info drop about typing.
    Also, Impidimp was used fantastically. A mon everyone knows about but hasn't been officially dropped, and they use it to dickishly block the screen to hide other content. And that's how the stream sold me further on a pokemon we had seen super little about.

Combining all the time I watched the stream along the day, I probably didn't watched it for more than 40min. Still, the fan community was going crazy and following the reactions, suppositions, people going crazy every time a new sound appeared was definitely much more fun than simply watching a 3min trailer and make comments about it after. The format they chose was definitely a very good one, just like the Sirfetch'd one that had us discussing it for a few days before actually revealing it. The fun of the whole thing was the community engagement, not actually watching the thing itself.
    Still, 24 hours just for that was way too much. Once it became evident we were going to get just one pokémon, that that pokémon was Galarian Ponyta and once we had a general idea of what it looked like, my interest died out because it felt like they had already exhausted what the stream had to offer and that was around the 12 hour-mark. If it had only 12 hours or a second pokémon to focus the second half, I think if would have been ideal.

In general I approve them going for new exciting forms of reveal, but they still need to polish their delivery.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; October 5th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.

I actually thought FOR SURE that after ponyta walked in there, the rest of the thing would be to tease the Rapidash evolution. I kind of wish they had done that, definitely agree that the point where ponyta was obvious was early enough that they could have showcased something else.

I actually like how Galarian Rapidash was teased at the very end instead of directly revealed. That keeps me interested in seeing what it will look like.

Not only will there be a Galarian Rapidash....I bet Rapidash gets another evolution.

It's Pegasus time!
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Oh god it looks exactly like My Little Pony
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

They go full zigzagoon? I’d rather that than just putting wings on rapidash and call it done. But where is the line between alt form and new evolution?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I really hope we get to see the starter evos soon. This is the only gen so far thwt I haven't been completely sold on any starter. Sobble looks most promising, but I need to know what the evolutions look like before I commit.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Is this MLP Ponyta in both games? Which game?! I have to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Is this MLP Ponyta in both games? Which game?! I have to know!
    I think I recall there being a rumor that it might be version exclusive. However, I think the only thing that leak has a good track record on so far is Galarian Ponyta itself, so I hope its wrong.

EDIT: I now think I'm just recalling speculation from a commentator and not an actual rumor. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Last edited by Envy; October 8th, 2019 at 11:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information