+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 586 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 576 584 585 586
Results 11,701 to 11,705 of 11705

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

I had to watch that for a film class. Wasn't great. But I didn't like the Departed much either.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I had to watch that for a film class. Wasn't great. But I didn't like the Departed much either.
    That's pretty much sacrilege where I'm from...... in Massachusetts I mean

A bit late, but finally saw Far From Home and it was what I was expecting: fun, goofy, silly ... and occasionally there's a "with power comes responsibility" sprinkled here and there. And I wanted more of the latter. Still does not compare to the original Spidey 2. And I knew the Mysterio twist was coming, but I was still utterly gobsmacked by how silly it was. I'd forgotten. I wanted a genuine friendship, and a genuine betrayal (and reluctance on Mysterio's part). And it was true for Peter, but not for the other guy. And there it lost me, due to the goofiness.

And did not care for the mid-credits reveal. That's a big thing. And I want to see what happens after it, that very second. But, in all likelihood, the next film will likely just take place a few weeks or months later.

And my favorite part was Spidey swinging through Manhattan ...

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    A bit late, but finally saw Far From Home and it was what I was expecting: fun, goofy, silly ... and occasionally there's a "with power comes responsibility" sprinkled here and there. And I wanted more of the latter. Still does not compare to the original Spidey 2. And I knew the Mysterio twist was coming, but I was still utterly gobsmacked by how silly it was. I'd forgotten. I wanted a genuine friendship, and a genuine betrayal (and reluctance on Mysterio's part). And it was true for Peter, but not for the other guy. And there it lost me, due to the goofiness.

And did not care for the mid-credits reveal. That's a big thing. And I want to see what happens after it, that very second. But, in all likelihood, the next film will likely just take place a few weeks or months later.

And my favorite part was Spidey swinging through Manhattan ...
    Prior to the deal fizzling out, it actually worked out perfectly with the timing. Black Widow and the Eternals both seem to be prequel films so we wouldn't have to see the advance of time in the MCU and how it affects everyone else, so that would be the perfect excuse for why the world being abuzz with the news about Spider-Man isn't affecting anything.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Mysterio being a prima donna director faking being a superhero is great and is honestly probably the best way to adapt him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information