+ Reply to Thread
Page 552 of 589 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,040 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Hm, think I'm a bit crankier than most of the people here. Tend to view the main-line Avengers as movies as having great endings that are slogs to get to on later viewings, and this one seemed...especially so.

But that ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Spoiler:
    We saw them prepare to get the stones, we saw them collect data and NOBODY ever thought "Hey guys, we need to trade someone for the soul stone, how do we go about that?" ??? Like Nat and Clint were so surprised when they made it there and then went "Oh shit right, who's gonna die?" Like.. really?? The writers REALLY got lazy there and their only solution was "Oh well, just kill her, let's not kill him cuz family"
    Spoiler:
    Where would they have gotten that information, exactly? The one person who had been established to have the most information about the Soul Stone was Gamora, and even she didn't know a sacrifice would be required to get it. I mean off the top of my head I don't even recall how they found out where the Soul Stone was, but to me it does not at all seem surprising that they would not find out about this thing that nobody else knew about either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    Spoiler:
    Where would they have gotten that information, exactly? The one person who had been established to have the most information about the Soul Stone was Gamora, and even she didn't know a sacrifice would be required to get it. I mean off the top of my head I don't even recall how they found out where the Soul Stone was, but to me it does not at all seem surprising that they would not find out about this thing that nobody else knew about either.

Spoiler:
    Damn, you're right. We as the audience know, but the characters don't.
    I realised this after rewatching a bad cam quality version and reading some more stuff about it.
    I am way less angry now but why send 2 "normal" humans to get the soul stone, the unknown, when you have people with superpowers that might be better equipped for the unknown? But I guess everyone else HAD to be where they were, except maybe rocket...

So in conclusion, not so angry anymore, but still very sad :(

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Uuhh...Didn't Nebula tell them? Or at least allude to it when she was telling them about the location?

But yeah that was a bit short sighted. Maybe they thought they would have been required to do something else. Or maybe Natasha knew but wanted to hope they could get around it. I would have felt more sad if Clint had died. I have never liked Black Widow or ScarJo so I didn't feel much during this scene. The aftermath of people grieving for her, sure. It did make more sense to keep Clint in the long run. And it probably would have been too depressing to have Clint die and his family return.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    Uuhh...Didn't Nebula tell them? Or at least allude to it when she was telling them about the location?

But yeah that was a bit short sighted. Maybe they thought they would have been required to do something else. Or maybe Natasha knew but wanted to hope they could get around it. I would have felt more sad if Clint had died. I have never liked Black Widow or ScarJo so I didn't feel much during this scene. The aftermath of people grieving for her, sure. It did make more sense to keep Clint in the long run. And it probably would have been too depressing to have Clint die and his family return.

I was just coming in here to say the same lol.

Spoiler:
    I mean technically, Nebula didn't know either but surely could have guessed so. Didn't she even say something along the line of "Thanos went with Gamora to get the soul stone and only Thanos came back" in IW?
    So yeah, basically, they could have known and maybe Nat guessed so.... Which at least makes her death even more heroic?

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

I was just coming in here to say the same lol.

Spoiler:
    I mean technically, Nebula didn't know either but surely could have guessed so. Didn't she even say something along the line of "Thanos went with Gamora to get the soul stone and only Thanos came back" in IW?
    So yeah, basically, they could have known and maybe Nat guessed so.... Which at least makes her death even more heroic?
    Spoiler:
    I think she did know though. She was at the previous fight when Star Lord started to freak out wasn't she? And she had told past Gamora as much.

Oi, haven't seen the movie, but I require a favor.

Go to youtube.

Search for "endgame spoilers"

Sort by release date, or filter of "last week"

And report the ever loving crap of these assholes.

TWO SCENES ALREADY SPOILED BY THUMBNAILS
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Saw it last night. Overall quite enjoyed it, and will most definitely be seeing it again.
    Spoiler:
    Tony I understand killing him off, it does make sense, but geez, he finally settles down and has a family, and then loses them. That's rough, man. And he and Thor are my two favorite MCU heroes, so it's really hard to think about never seeing him in an MCU movie again.

As for Natasha...I'm very surprised they killed her off. I mean, I knew the movie she's gonna be getting is a prequel, but having an entire movie that centers around her, fleshes her out as a character presumably...after she's already died and we can't build on it anymore in the present? And for that matter, the fact that she has to stay dead seems a little dumb to me. When they went to Vormir to get the Stone, Red Skull explicitly stated that the trade was "A soul for a soul" (in this case, Natasha's soul for the Soul Stone). But...they gave the Soul Stone back after they used it, just like they did with the others. When Cap visited the Red Skull (which, btw, that must have gotten weird, lulz), why couldn't he get Natasha back when he returned the Soul Stone? That is also "a soul for a soul", after all. And these stones are, like, fucking magic and shit. Which also leads to: if you have all of them, presumably it just grants you whatever you want when you use them all together. So why did they only restore the Snap victims with it? Why not bring other people who died in the events leading up to it back to life, like the other half of the Asgardians, and Vision?

Even without getting too much into the "weird time-travel shit" (they were clearly trying really hard to make it make sense, but inevitably, there were some snags in there), I feel like most of what we saw in the "Five years later" would have made more sense if it was five months later. Like how deserted most places we saw still were, for one thing. And more significantly, the ginormous logistical problems that would be caused by half the universe (the ones who survived the Snappening) living out those five years, and the other half (who got dusted) skipping over them when they were Snapped back into existence...five years later. Especially for people like Peter Parker, who was in high school. Like, based on what we've seen of Spider-Man trailers, his class doesn't seem to be different, or at least he still has Ned, Michelle, and Flash...so does that mean that all of them got Snapped and revived, too? Cuz otherwise, they would have aged five years and not even be in high school anymore. Plus, anybody who moved on, found someone else, started a new family...only to have their previous loved ones returned to them? And apparently the MCU is just in 2023 from now on? All of which just felt completely glossed over/not addressed at all.

Like I said, I feel like a lot of this would have worked better if it was five months, and it was only made five years instead 1. so Tony could have a family, and trying to keep that family and not erase their existence limited the way they could use time travel, and 2. Cassie Lang's age-up (which wasn't plot-necessary at all to this movie, anyway, though it may be for future ones).
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; April 26th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Hidden:

So as much as people wanted Daredevil or Luke Cage in this movie(which obviously wasn't going to happen with all of the Netflix shenanigans). One character from the Marvel TV shows DOES have a brief cameo, even played by the same actor from the show. And he's awesome in that show too, so I'm happy about it.
    At first I thought they had another actor, but I looked it up and to my surprise....they kept the same actor!
    So hats off to
    Spoiler:
    Edwin Jarvis, the unsung hero of Agent Carter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Just saw it and I need to vent somewhere so here we go.

Last year after seeing IW I said to my bf

Spoiler:
    "I'm so glad, Black Widow is so unimportant but not unimportant enough that I don't need to fear her death."

That was the worst mistake of my life. I seriously went into this movie not even for one second thinking, she could die... Do you know how hard it is to not ugly cry too loud in a full cinema or blow your nose?? For a character nobody else seems to care about?
    She was my favorite character. Tony or Cap, doesn't hit me hard, but HER?? I'm so utterly gutted by this. Ever since she first appeared in IM2, her scenes were always the ones I looked forward to the most. Hell, I bought so many Comics of her... "I can't wait to see more of her!"
    ... I guess, at least I have one more Movie to look forward to where she will hopefully shine brighter than in the last few movies she was in...

le sigh.

Other than that.. great movie.
    Spoiler:
    I don't think you are the only one that cared...I heard people crying in theater in when she died (though even moreso when Tony did). And personally, I was also really shocked and saddened by her death :( I really loved her character. Killing off Hawkeye instead of reuniting him with his family at the end would have been quite harsh, though. And objectively, it does kinda make sense for her to sacrifice herself instead of, you know, the guy who actually has kids he still needs to take care off. Just imagine how Natalie would have felt at the end, if Hawkeye had sacrificed himself instead and she would have had to explain to his family that he died in order to bring them back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Oi, haven't seen the movie, but I require a favor.

Go to youtube.

Search for "endgame spoilers"

Sort by release date, or filter of "last week"

And report the ever loving crap of these assholes.

TWO SCENES ALREADY SPOILED BY THUMBNAILS
    I don't think it works like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I wholeheartly believed Cap would come back with Nat after his 5 seconds trip. I was baffled as the platform remained empty.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wholeheartly believed Cap would come back with Nat after his 5 seconds trip. I was baffled as the platform remained empty.
    Spoiler:
    I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole Cap stuff. Did he basically end up living through all of that, simultaneously?

edit: I feel like a jackass. My bad.
    Last edited by andre; April 26th, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

Dude, probably not the best time to mess up the spoiler function

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Guys, guys, google THANOS and tap the little gauntlet on the right side, it's the coolest thing for today

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Haha, that's pretty cool. Reminds me of how, back when the Harlem Shake meme was going around, you could type "Do the Harlem Shake" in the YouTube search bar and it would also give you something interactive like that.
    Hidden:

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Avengers: Endgame is not a perfect film. Its story, characters, scenery, dialogue, or even the combination of all those things will probably not be the best I ever see in a movie. But I couldn't imagine a better piece to cap off the biggest film series of this generation. Everything you could expect to see in a Marvel plot, it was there. Endgame stuck the landing, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be well-remembered for decades to come.

Spoiler:
    While maybe it just wasn't his style, I am kind of disappointed that Stan Lee's cameo wasn't at the end. Thought that would have been the best way to cap off the film.

Spoiler:

I don't know how to feel about...
    Spoiler:
    Sam going from Falcon to Captain America. Specially when Bucky is still living and well.

By the way, what there is next outside of Far from Home, Black Widow and GoG vol.3?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't know how to feel about...
    Spoiler:
    Sam going from Falcon to Captain America. Specially when Bucky is still living and well.

By the way, what there is next outside of Far from Home, Black Widow and GoG vol.3?
    Spoiler:
    I believe a Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2 are in the works too.

There are also new tv series in the works too....which make sense now after seeing endgame.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Spoiler:
    It didn't click while watching it but after enough Easter egg articles came up, it sounds like Namor is possibly in the works.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information