+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 589 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Video was okay, but then that ending. Ahhh man.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I DO NOT want any real spoilers, but I do have a question.

Being as this is penned as the "End of the Infinity Saga" it's possible there are no after credits scenes.

Are there?

No details, yes or no please.
    If you really want to know
    Spoiler:
    You are correct, there are no after credits scenes.

What a ride. Don't want to say much, just saw it, but ... damn, it was great.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    If you really want to know
    Spoiler:
    You are correct, there are no after credits scenes.
    Thank you. The movie is 3 hours and I take medication that makes me have to use the restroom frequently.

I needed to know if I could bolt for the bathroom during the credits or not lol
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

That was a good fucking movie.

Reversed my ticket to watch it on Friday! Can't wait! ^^

Watched the leaked spoilers a few days ago, and it made me even more excited to see this movie! =^.^=

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

I'm gonna see it Saturday. Hyped!

A friend got a ticket for my Thursday at 11. Of course, the theater had showings from as early as 6 and until 11 they were ALL sold out. 3d and imax included.

Not complaining in the least. Though I do now have to wait (slightly) longer to see Endgame.

Oh boy, tomorrow is going to be a roller coaster of emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Video was okay, but then that ending. Ahhh man.
    That's amazing. They looked like they were having so much fun.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post

This is also the first movie to ever make me cry.
    And it did so TWICE.
    Seriously? Bambi, Dumbo, or Lion King never made you cry?

Spoiler:
    Hulk hitting the dab was the funniest scene in the movie. Hope it was meant to be as cringy as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Thank you. The movie is 3 hours and I take medication that makes me have to use the restroom frequently.

I needed to know if I could bolt for the bathroom during the credits or not lol
    I would still very much recommend staying through at least the first portion of the credits, though. As always, the movie doesn't just settle for "Text on a black screen".

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Seriously? Bambi, Dumbo, or Lion King never made you cry?
    Correct. Though mind you, of the three movies you listed, Lion King is the only one I even have a particularly strong attachment to. Up till now, my benchmark for what makes a truly emotional movie has just been "This movie almost made me cry", of which there are quite a few examples; The Lion King, the final Harry Potter movie, Inside Out, recently Maquia came ridiculously close (though not at the scene that was probably intended to be the big tearjerker moment; It was the final line of dialogue in the movie that got me the most)... But Endgame is the first one that actually made me cry for real.

Anyway, had a bit more time to think about the movie and... While I still stand by what I said yesterday, it can't be denied that this movie pushes the fanservice harder than damn near anything else in existence ever. Implied spoilers below:
    Spoiler:
    The entire final battle is essentially irrelevant to the actual story, and only exists for the sake of giving us a few billion crowd-pleasing moments that are so plentiful that it's nearly impossible to not find something that will make you want to break out into wild applause. But, as you can probably tell from how I phrased that last sentence... I mean I can't actually fault it for this. Pretty much all the best moments are in the finale, and said best moments are so indescribably awesome that you completely forget that this entire scenario was clearly just contrived up for the sake of giving us an epic final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    I would still very much recommend staying through at least the first portion of the credits, though. As always, the movie doesn't just settle for "Text on a black screen".

Correct. Though mind you, of the three movies you listed, Lion King is the only one I even have a particularly strong attachment to. Up till now, my benchmark for what makes a truly emotional movie has just been "This movie almost made me cry", of which there are quite a few examples; The Lion King, the final Harry Potter movie, Inside Out, recently Maquia came ridiculously close (though not at the scene that was probably intended to be the big tearjerker moment; It was the final line of dialogue in the movie that got me the most)... But Endgame is the first one that actually made me cry for real.

Anyway, had a bit more time to think about the movie and... While I still stand by what I said yesterday, it can't be denied that this movie pushes the fanservice harder than damn near anything else in existence ever. Implied spoilers below:
    Spoiler:
    The entire final battle is essentially irrelevant to the actual story, and only exists for the sake of giving us a few billion crowd-pleasing moments that are so plentiful that it's nearly impossible to not find something that will make you want to break out into wild applause. But, as you can probably tell from how I phrased that last sentence... I mean I can't actually fault it for this. Pretty much all the best moments are in the finale, and said best moments are so indescribably awesome that you completely forget that this entire scenario was clearly just contrived up for the sake of giving us an epic final battle.

Guardians 2 always makes me cry.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Guardians 2 always makes me cry.
    "He may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy." Gets me every time.

Just saw the movie. It was spectacular! And not long enough!

Spoiler:
    That elevator scene nearly made me rip out my seat, looool!
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

This movie was pretty much everything I wanted it to be. The perfect conclusion to Infinity War.

Just saw it and I need to vent somewhere so here we go.

Last year after seeing IW I said to my bf

Spoiler:
    "I'm so glad, Black Widow is so unimportant but not unimportant enough that I don't need to fear her death."

That was the worst mistake of my life. I seriously went into this movie not even for one second thinking, she could die... Do you know how hard it is to not ugly cry too loud in a full cinema or blow your nose?? For a character nobody else seems to care about?
    She was my favorite character. Tony or Cap, doesn't hit me hard, but HER?? I'm so utterly gutted by this. Ever since she first appeared in IM2, her scenes were always the ones I looked forward to the most. Hell, I bought so many Comics of her... "I can't wait to see more of her!"
    ... I guess, at least I have one more Movie to look forward to where she will hopefully shine brighter than in the last few movies she was in...

le sigh.

Other than that.. great movie.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Ahhhhhhhhh!! I loved it! A solid end. And best of all.

Spoiler:
    Loki is still out there wandering around somewhere, Cap got his happy ending and Black Widow is dead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Just saw it and I need to vent somewhere so here we go.

Last year after seeing IW I said to my bf

Spoiler:
    "I'm so glad, Black Widow is so unimportant but not unimportant enough that I don't need to fear her death."

That was the worst mistake of my life. I seriously went into this movie not even for one second thinking, she could die... Do you know how hard it is to not ugly cry too loud in a full cinema or blow your nose?? For a character nobody else seems to care about?
    She was my favorite character. Tony or Cap, doesn't hit me hard, but HER?? I'm so utterly gutted by this. Ever since she first appeared in IM2, her scenes were always the ones I looked forward to the most. Hell, I bought so many Comics of her... "I can't wait to see more of her!"
    ... I guess, at least I have one more Movie to look forward to where she will hopefully shine brighter than in the last few movies she was in...

le sigh.

Other than that.. great movie.
    Spoiler:
    When they had their lineup of women warriors in the final battle, I thought: 'Yeah, but Natasha's still dead.' And nobody seemed to care that much besides Clint for one scene. Not even another mention at the end at the funeral. That really made it seem like she didn't matter. :/

Also: 'Hey Sam. I'm not sure how much we've really ever interacted, but I think that you should talk to the man who has been my best friend my whole life. It's cool ;_; '
    But on a whole, I enjoyed A4 much more than A3.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Spoiler:
    When they had their lineup of women warriors in the final battle, I thought: 'Yeah, but Natasha's still dead.' And nobody seemed to care that much besides Clint for one scene. Not even another mention at the end at the funeral. That really made it seem like she didn't matter. :/

Also: 'Hey Sam. I'm not sure how much we've really ever interacted, but I think that you should talk to the man who has been my best friend my whole life. It's cool ;_; '
    But on a whole, I enjoyed A4 much more than A3.
    Exactly my thoughts!!!

Like I just woke up and literally my first thought was
    Spoiler:
    Nat :'(

And you know what, the more I think about it the angrier it makes me.
    We saw them prepare to get the stones, we saw them collect data and NOBODY ever thought "Hey guys, we need to trade someone for the soul stone, how do we go about that?" ??? Like Nat and Clint were so surprised when they made it there and then went "Oh shit right, who's gonna die?" Like.. really?? The writers REALLY got lazy there and their only solution was "Oh well, just kill her, let's not kill him cuz family"

And nobody besides Tony got a funeral. Vision almost got a mention from Wanda afterwards but other than seeing Hulk collapse after they all returned and got the news, nobody was really sad about it. Like I honestly thought we'd at least get a bigger reaction from Cap who Nat basically spend the most time with.

And yeah the whole women power scene made me so angry that I started crying again at that part too, just thinking "You're missing one"

And somewhere I read that Nat was supposed to get a bigger role in this movie... If you call dieing a bigger role, then I don't know wtf is wrong with you. Especially besides that she didn't do much besides giving some sad Talk, some motivational speech, sulking and then fighting with Clint. For me there was not ONE scene where she got to shine or show her skills. At least in IW she got to fight some baddies though she had to share the spotlight with some other female characters mostly. What's it with putting all the females together for fight scenes anyway?

hgvhjhbkjhjnlkjn SAD!
    Last edited by Nami; April 26th, 2019 at 02:16 AM.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post

Spoiler:
    Loki is still out there wandering around somewhere, Cap got his happy ending and Black Widow is dead lol.
    Spoiler:
    But the stuff with Loki escaping was in a different timeline right?
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information