+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 589 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 580 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The King Has Arrived

Okoye is awesome lol. I do like that chanting. I saw an article about what they were saying but I didn't read it and now I can't find it.

That Okoye line made me laugh out loud.

So good.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Okoye is awesome lol. I do like that chanting. I saw an article about what they were saying but I didn't read it and now I can't find it.
    It's apparently this:
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/...chant-tchalla/

We should do a poll, should x-men be included in the MCU?

I'd say no they shouldn't.... but unfortunately will! Because an avengers/x-men crossover would make Bank!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Saw Doctor Strange, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Spoiler:
    While I will concede it does have a very Iron Man plot, I thought it pulled it off a lot better than Iron Man. My main problem with IM's character progression was that the main problem afflicting him felt very distant to me, and I didn't really get what he was doing to make it better. Strange's story in contrast feels very intimate and well-written; I felt extremely aware of his flaws and how they were a detriment to him. Having multiple characters to play off of and develop him also served him well, in contrast to Iron Man where it was mostly just Pepper taking Tony's shit. While neither Iron Man nor Strange did solve their problems in a clean-cut way (which wasn't necessarily bad for either of them), I felt like Strange had gained something important when he confronted Dormammu, and made the film's story worthwhile.

I also had a blast with the fight scenes. Sooo much visual creativity. Though I really, really didn't like how Kaecilius' Hong Kong rampage was offscreened and reversed; while the confrontation with Dormammu was a good climax, I'd have liked to have an all-out reality-bending fight to lead into that; the time reversal action felt a bit lackluster in comparison.

I think the post-credits scene with Mordo is possibly my favorite MCU stinger of all time so far. I really hope he carries his momentum into his next appearance.

As for criticisms...Strange's abilities didn't really manage to become cohesive. So he makes magic weapons, has a sentient cape (which was cool), and also bends time, but most of the time it felt like the film just took one power to put on display at a time. Cape-sama didn't do anything during the climax, and the time warping...it had a lot going against it considering how overpowered it is, and it didn't seem to have much negative impact on Strange other than turning Mordo against him. Hopefully the ramifications of Strange's more liberal approaches to magic are focused on more in the sequel, because this film alone doesn't really do a great job at handling them. I'm not saying I want there to be a straight answer to this, but like with Strange's powers, there should be more focus in dealing with them together rather than picking one at a time to handle when it's the most convenient.

Also, the love interest was pointless, but she did at least manage to not be a drag most of the time. And the humor...I honestly didn't really find it fitting. Like, this is the first time I've seen Doctor Strange in any medium, but I didn't feel like pop culture references went well with a film of this nature.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; April 9th, 2018 at 08:00 AM.

Spoiler:

It is unreal that Infinity wars is less than a month away.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Someone get this Michone a starbucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Got my tickets for a late showing on the 26th. I'm gonna be so tired lol.

Got my tickets at Alamo Drafthouse for the 7pm showing along with one of each of their limited edition glasses.

Now just questioning whether or not I should show up dressed as Ms. Marvel.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Got a ticket for noon on the 29th. I want to see it with family and that's the time that suits them best.

Fandango says the movie is 160 minutes long, which seems a bit short for typical Hollywood writing and directing. I haven't seen another source yet, though, so I wonder if that's the official length or not?
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Fandango says the movie is 160 minutes long, which seems a bit short for typical Hollywood writing and directing. I haven't seen another source yet, though, so I wonder if that's the official length or not?
    It's accurate, but to put it into perspective: It's 13 minutes longer than Civil War, and that is currently the longest Marvel movie by far.

So, yeah. Should be nice and long.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    It's accurate, but to put it into perspective: It's 13 minutes longer than Civil War, and that is currently the longest Marvel movie by far.

So, yeah. Should be nice and long.
    If I had any sort of confidence in the production team to really make great use of that time I suppose I wouldn't feel so unsure, but considering the supposed scope of the film I'm hesitant to toss in all my chips.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Just made my bf order us tickets. The earliest 2D showing is only on sunday, 29th. Gotta avoid social media for a few days. I'M SO EXCITED 18 DAYS!

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Just made my bf order us tickets. The earliest 2D showing is only on sunday, 29th. Gotta avoid social media for a few days. I'M SO EXCITED 18 DAYS!
    We're lucky with our cinema over here (Essen) since they always show the Marvel films in english and 2D on release day.
    Got my ticket a while ago and i can't wait! Just 2 more weeks!!!
    160 minutes sounds great for a movie of this caliber. Not too long but long enough to hopefully give every major character something meaningful to do.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

https://twitter.com/MarvelousRealm/s...16426089291776

Disney and Fox deal to close by Summer of 2019.

That's two hours and forty minutes. How is that short? Average movie time is 90-120.

It's also going to be part one of two, however that shakes up since they more cleanly broke the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That's two hours and forty minutes. How is that short? Average movie time is 90-120.

It's also going to be part one of two, however that shakes up since they more cleanly broke the films.
    It's short if you consider that Hollywood films and blockbusters don't typically have the best time-management and expression of information.

It's short if you consider that Hollywood films and blockbusters don't typically have the best time-management and expression of information.
    It's the longest Marvel movie yet, helmed by the same guys that did the last crossover, nearly three hours long, part one of two, How long do you realistically want it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    We're lucky with our cinema over here (Essen) since they always show the Marvel films in english and 2D on release day.
    Got my ticket a while ago and i can't wait! Just 2 more weeks!!!
    Yeah that sounds great! I'll watch it in the netherlands, where all movies are in their original language with dutch subtitles(Only a few animation and kids movies get dubbed as far as I know). There's no cinema in my city here in germany which offers original showings, sadly, except for one cinema an hour of train ride away that has ONE original showing for one chosen movie of the month.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information