+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Movies that don't deserve their own thread

Default Re: Movies that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Just watched Marriage Story. FANTASTIC movie and definitely deserves all the acclaim it's been getting. Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson give some of their best performances. As long as you're okay with the fact that it's about divorce and, thus, gets pretty emotionally intense at times, I highly recommend it.
    Did you think the crucial argument scene was credible?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Did you think the crucial argument scene was credible?
    I'm not totally sure what you mean, but I guess you're referring to...

Spoiler:
    The scene about 2/3 through when Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson have their big argument, which case...um....yeah? Why wouldn't it be credible?

I'm not totally sure what you mean, but I guess you're referring to...

Spoiler:
    The scene about 2/3 through when Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson have their big argument, which case...um....yeah? Why wouldn't it be credible?
    Yep thatīs what i mean

Spoiler:
    I donīt know, maybe itīs because i never had such a huge "end of relationship" fight with my past partners, but jumping from pointing out their respective mistakes during their time together to "i hope you die the worst possible death" seemed way over the top. I guess it was supposed to illustrate how emotionally involved and influenced they are, but man...

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Yep thatīs what i mean

Spoiler:
    I donīt know, maybe itīs because i never had such a huge "end of relationship" fight with my past partners, but jumping from pointing out their respective mistakes during their time together to "i hope you die the worst possible death" seemed way over the top. I guess it was supposed to illustrate how emotionally involved and influenced they are, but man...
    Spoiler:
    Considering all the shit they're characters had been through, I thought it was understandable. But I've never been in a relationship or a breakup, so maybe I'm not one to talk.

Spoiler:
    Considering all the shit they're characters had been through, I thought it was understandable. But I've never been in a relationship or a breakup, so maybe I'm not one to talk.
    Maybe, i will look at it again. Have not met someone else who had seen it, hence why i asked.

I watched Always Be My Maybe. It was so good. I'm glad the hype didn't kill it or oversell it. Pretty much how I'd like all my romcoms to be like.

I watched Marriage Story. It literally took me one hour to stop thinking about Star Wars and Marvel shits.
    Anyway, it's good. I recommend it. Even though I highly prefer Frances Ha.

And about the "crucial argument scene" in which the wall is punched. I didn't see any problem with it.

*snort* So I haven't seen Little Women yet, although I know the story because I've read it like every girl in the country, but this tweet is hilarious:

"Stay past the credits of Little Women to see Jane Eyre step out of the shadows and tell Jo, “I’m putting a team together.”

So there is something I want to say about Blade Runner.

I don't like it. In fact, I think it's overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    So there is something I want to say about Blade Runner.

I don't like it. In fact, I think it's overrated.
    Yep, seems like a case of a movie being lauded for its historical worth and what it inspired, but the actual movie? Wasnt particularly impressed either when i saw it some time ago.

I'm fine with not liking it don't know if old movies are overated. Since it's latter work that improve on it tends to make them seem derivative or lacking. They are praised for bringing something new to the table and what they did on their time.

If we're talking movie people love and we don't like I think Children of men is mediocre at best. I think I watched it three times to try understanding why people like it.

I didn't like both Blade Runner. I guess we can say it now since the hype has come down. When it came out someone here had told me that "I wasn't part of the target audience" lol

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    If we're talking movie people love and we don't like I think Children of men is mediocre at best. I think I watched it three times to try understanding why people like it.
    Sequence shots
    I mean it's still overall a good movie, but "héhé, look at those sequence shots" lol

Dolittle is getting bad reviews

The trailer had a secret cave and dragon. Thats just weird.

I finally got to watch The Irishman. Even through the movie is pretty long, I enjoy it. I thought Joe Pesci, Robert De Niro, and Al Pacino performances in the movie were great.

Oof, those are some bad reviews. Sorry, Downey:
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dolittle/

But yeah, you could tell from the trailer it probably wasn't going to be very good. I've read the Dolittle books too, it was nothing like them.

Watched The Lighthouse and 1917. Completely different movies, but both recommended for their cinematographic prowess. Both have a sort of commitment to the craft of filmmaking that's 100% admirable.

Of course, 1917 is a crowd pleaser and a huge spectacle, and Lighthouse is just weird, murky and not very accessible, but both are very good movies.

Surprisingly (to me, I mean), I might prefer 1917 a tiny bit more, even though I was more hyped for Lighthouse, but that might be cause while watching Lighthouse I constantly went from "man, this movie is great" to "but also a bit stupid" and back to "nah, great", and so on, so maybe with time I'll understand a bit better. But for now, yeah, it's worth it.

watched All about lily chou-chou, one of the best representations of raw emotion i've ever seen , one of my favorite films ever now ,exited to watch more of Iwai's films

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information