+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Default Re: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Wanting a game to fail is just plain petty.
    Hundreds of people work stressful crunch time to make these games. Why hope for something that could potentially put someone's livelihood at risk?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I guess this game caused people to see red.....like roses.

Because it is a petty attempt of making a lazy game and coasting on the value of the IP. Wether it is greed or plain time limit, the result is the same, this game is being built by confusing interests and objectives.

Granted, it can't even fail, too many people will buy it by it's name only, and be the typical cheap anime game, but with recent modeling and technologies.

Next game even if it is done properly, will have to carry this one stigmas, just like this one is carrying victory vs stench, and burning blood's meh-ness.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Wanting a game to fail is just plain petty.
    Hundreds of people work stressful crunch time to make these games. Why hope for something that could potentially put someone's livelihood at risk?
    To continue with the point, just because they crunch it should be a success? If they fail BECAUSE they crunched is a net win for everybody, to keep on exposing the exploitative nature of the industry. Then we are both speaking out of our assess, we don't know how Spike Chunsoft treats it's employees.

If "thoughts and prayers" do nothing, then it is exactly the same with my admitedly toxic, but retractable comment.

Speaking of retractable, I also left the way out wide open in my original post: I renounced about complaining (toxicly) about Story Mode, Character Creation, Character Selection and Business Model, the things that the team most likelly are unable to affect, focusing only on the things that they can, presentation (environments, models, textures, particles and music) and gameplay.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The main problem is that nearly every 'behind the back' perspective fighting game is underwhelming.

This "spectacle" kind of game is a better fit as a Musou game, as you can be as showy, slow and spectacle based as you want.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

People seem to be liking the Kill La Kill Game developed by Arc Systems.

It's Arc Systems, DBFighterZ isn't good because it's dragon ball, but because it's Arc Systems. Dragon Ball led it into a global audience tho.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    This "spectacle" kind of game is a better fit as a Musou game, as you can be as showy, slow and spectacle based as you want.
    (I hope to not have misunderstood what you meant, that is you think a musou would be more spectacular than his)
    I think musou is a genre that should have died with the PS2: old, boring and exceeded. How can be spectacular a game where you just run and repeatedly smash hundreds of identical enemies which don't even move?
    I bought Pirate Warriors limited when it came out, to support the game and I hoped they would create something better and maybe different in future. I just couldn't buy PW2-3, despite having a good representation of the usable characters those games are way too boring.

This game could have old mechanics, with their pros and cons largely known, but at least it has great graphics (which could be improved and reused as a base for a better game) and they're also trying something new inserting real world stages. Their goal isn't clearly to make something hardcore, so I'd take this game for what it is: a title made to satisfy big masses of fans and enlarge single brands bases.
    Sadly fighting games didn't evolve that much during time, I haven't seen in the last 10 years a 3D-stage game which redefined the genre and created a gameplay fresh and innovative. The only exception I can think of at the moment, and I know a lot of people will think I'm crazy, is the first Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: at the time it was impressing how CC2 managed to create a perfect camera system that could track smoothly characters and a lot of effects on screen, plus characters' movements were very fluid and dynamic. That was a great base as a first game, but things went bad when they had to introduce overpowered names and huge transformations.

I enjoy a Musou game once in a while, the spectacle and fanservice of Hyrule Warriors and One Piece Pirate warriors was just the candy that I needed at that point in life, and if they aren't going with a 2d fighting game closer to the manga astetics of the most famous manga magazine of the world, then a 3d power fantasy is more entretaining to me than an asymetrical 3d figther.

I do agree that the naruto figthing games seem to be the best 3d fighters around. Tekken and Soul Calibur being way too rigid and "normal".
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I enjoy a Musou game once in a while, the spectacle and fanservice of Hyrule Warriors and One Piece Pirate warriors was just the candy that I needed at that point in life, and if they aren't going with a 2d fighting game closer to the manga astetics of the most famous manga magazine of the world, then a 3d power fantasy is more entretaining to me than an asymetrical 3d figther.

I do agree that the naruto figthing games seem to be the best 3d fighters around. Tekken and Soul Calibur being way too rigid and "normal".
    Lmao this is so damn wrong it hurts.

Max, this hot take made my soul hurt.

Lol, sorry about that. I had a soul calibur fase, never clicked with Tekken, and my play time with naruto is on the single digits.

But I stand by my Musou point, I'd take a mediocre musou over a mediocre 3d fighter.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Except Dynasty Warriors 9. That was an experiment gone so very wrong.

The Naruto Storm games are only the best in the tiny-genre of Anime Arena Fighters, of which Jump Force appears to be another lackluster contribution.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    The main problem is that nearly every 'behind the back' perspective fighting game is underwhelming.
    To be pretty fair traditional 2D fighters aren't exactly surefire hits themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Except Dynasty Warriors 9. That was an experiment gone so very wrong.
    Just like 6?

It's Arc Systems, DBFighterZ isn't good because it's dragon ball, but because it's Arc Systems. Dragon Ball led it into a global audience tho.
    DBZ's global popularity Sure as heck didn't lead to anyone outside of Japan getting Ultimate Butoden.....but we got Extreme Butdoen.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 10th, 2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Did saw Seiya comming, did not see another saint comming as well.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Libra Armor is the best Armor imo.

God, they look cool!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    To be pretty fair traditional 2D fighters aren't exactly surefire hits themselves.
    True, but unlike this genre, 2D (and regular 3D fighters) actually have many, many, many good examples of good games within their subgenre.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

I've got a code for the closed beta being held this weekend, but sadly I'll be able to play it only during tomorrow's session. I've already downloaded it and it shows 6 custom characters (appearence and moves) and you have to choose one, I don't know if once servers are open I'll be able to play with the same characters which were included in the demo or I'll have to use my avatar.
    If there's something you'd like to know let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information