+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Football: 2018 World Cup

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: Football: 2018 World Cup

Agree to the above. I don't like to admit it, but I like watching France play and admit they are probably the best team in the world right now, despite Deschamps' terrible tactics. I kind of wish France lose the World Cup only so that they sack the guy and get Zidane in charge. Then it would be a glorious team to watch, I think.

They'll probably get Zidane anyway. And when Zidane will be back, we'll win every world/euro cups for the next 15years

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    They'll probably get Zidane anyway. And when Zidane will be back, we'll win every world/euro cups for the next 15years
    That reminds me so much about what Beckenbauer said when Germany was reunited: That they will be unbeatable for years to come...until the WC in 94 where the team got eliminated in the quarter finals....

Also I am hoping for a BEL - ENG final

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Agree to the above. I don't like to admit it, but I like watching France play and admit they are probably the best team in the world right now, despite Deschamps' terrible tactics. I kind of wish France lose the World Cup only so that they sack the guy and get Zidane in charge. Then it would be a glorious team to watch, I think.
    Deschamps has a contract with the team until 2021, so he'll stay until at least then regardless of results to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Deschamps has a contract with the team until 2021, so he'll stay until at least then regardless of results to come.
    Do you know what sacking a coach means? :P

Honestly, if Zidane would say that he's interested in the job. The whole country would back him up and Deschamps would nicely give him his place

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Well, a (very) quick statistical analysis clearly shows that after you would win the World Cup, it's more likely that France would get kicked out during the group stage in 2022.

Trust me about this: I speak from experience regarding my country.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

I am reaally excited for the France Belgium game! Belgium's attack has such a clear cut edge over France but French defending can perhaps bail them out at the end. The last Belgium's game had the attackers create gaping holes in the center of the Brazilian defense I am curious to see if they can replicate it here.

I am going to go for a risky prediction of Belgium winning this game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xan; July 10th, 2018 at 09:18 AM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

nice match, just needs goals.

Only 5 minutes to go Belgium...

France advancing would be deserved though.

yep, well done.
    do ya thing Croatia, I want a non-champion in the final.
    Last edited by Monquito; July 10th, 2018 at 01:10 PM.

yeh, I wish it'll be Croatia too. The English and French team are too much similar

Today's match was very tough. Thankfully Lloris and Varane did an excellent job. There were also lots of missed opportunities on both sides, but the French were better though

Today's match was very tough. Thankfully Lloris and Varane did an excellent job. There were also lots of missed opportunities on both sides, but the French were better though
    Very good defending by France, Belgium didn't create much chances. Only in the first twenty minutes or so it seemed that they could repeat their highlight against Brazil.

I consider France to be favorites against whomever they may play in the final.

Mbappé deserved a red card , complete cunt at the end of the match for no reason

That being said France was the better team. Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Yep, nice match to watch. A few missed chances from France to close up the game sooner, but well done. Belgium only once threatened Loris' goal, if I remember well. Especially after they suffered the goal, it looked like they lost their confidence. A shame to see their golden generation do so well and come so far and still fail. It feels like Portugal in 2006, I think. Also lost against France, funnily enough.

Now that we're getting closer to the end. Do you all have any idea as to which match was the best ? Which player ? And which goal was the most "intelligent", beautiful, sensational? etc

My candidates as of now.
    Best match:
    France/Argentina

Best goals:
    Edinson Cavani's both goals, vs Portugal. With style and love. It looks like he barely has to touch the ball to put in the net

Best player:
    Kylian Mbappé. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
    Mbappé deserved a red card , complete cunt at the end of the match for no reason

That being said France was the better team. Congrats
    Well, he got a yellow card and it was deserved. After all he only played with the ball for a few seconds, once

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    Very good defending by France, Belgium didn't create much chances. Only in the first twenty minutes or so it seemed that they could repeat their highlight against Brazil.
    You can see on this video how the French have missed a lot of shoots and opportunities. And also a bit how Lloris and Varane were great (but there is more about these two)

Giroux fucked up so many times though
    Last edited by Nilitch; July 11th, 2018 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    after they suffered the goal, it looked like they lost their confidence.
    I think both teams were under a lot of stress. Which could eventually explain why so many opportunities were missed. After all, we have the youngest team in the world cup (after Nigeria).

you got it all right exept best goal, that belongs to Pavard.

Why does the British coach looks like a trader ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I don't know man, England at least has one clean win and played against better teams. I don't see them losing to someone who's got into the semis because of two penalties.
    I've had a gut feeling for a while now that England was going to the finals and Belgium consistently impressed me throughout the entire world cup, even though I still expect France to make it.
    Nevermind, England sucks something bad

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information