+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Default Re: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post

New games are what? Super Mario Party and the Fire Emblem three somethings?
    There was DaemonXMachina.

Nintendo's was a little underwhelming, 20 min of smash, that's not an E3 presentation. And that's comming from someone who is hyped for the game.

New games are what? Super Mario Party and the Fire Emblem three somethings?
    Basically this. Announcing Fire Emblem is neat and I guess Mario Party is popular, but we already knew about Smash. Same problem Sony had in my eyes, except for Sony did it with 4 games, which at least makes their conference better than Nintendo's, even if it was weird. Microsoft is strange because the conference was formatted well and was entertaining, but most of the games were multiplat and the ones that weren't were basic Microsoft stuff. I don't think anyone won, to be honest, but I'd bet a lot of money that next years E3 will be amazing.

Properly watched FE's trailer now. Got REALLY excite with the gameplay visuals, that looked amazing. The plot apparently will be the same rehashed plot of pretty much every FE just by looking at the prince, the goddess and the goliath evil king, but I will ignore that and stay excited until they announce marriage and children and ruin things to me again.

Daisy has a lot of spark in her movements
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Well, that's it for the E3
    This is now year 4 without a new Alien game
    just end me already
    Well shit .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I'm super glad that Super Smash Bros isn't a port, and for some inclusions like Leaf alternate for Pokemon Trainer, and it really looks quite good.

I just think Nintendo really put all of their eggs in one basket. There wasn't much exciting here. However, I was worried about Super Smash Bros and I guess now I have my second ever Switch game to buy. lol

I am grateful that we aren't doing the "who is being cut" usual dance.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I just hope there is more to the game than just being the roster of all previous SSBs. Don't get me wrong, the idea is neat. However, pretty much nothing else was shown to us. No modes or anything. Hopefully they will come in time, I guess.

For a Smash Direct that was fantastic. For someone like me who's a bit decoupled from Smash it was a bit less exciting. Aside from Fire Emblem (which did look interesting and I pray they manage to avoid the bloat of Fates) here weren't any megatons or info we hadn't already gleaned from leaks or whatnot. So it didn't quite knock my socks off, even if Snake coming back for Smash with Hayter is pretty cool. Let's see what'll happen with Treehouse, now. Usually there are some goodies hidden in there.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I agree that wasn't e3 material, even if I enjoyed it as a smash fan.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Yeah... I'm pretty picky on games, and Nintendo conferences are definitively the ones I put my attention toward and know will excite me more than the rest by a longshot. However, at the end of the day I felt like with games like KHIII, I got just as much excitement from other conferences. And that says a lot. Just nothing too exciting that we didn't already know about by Nintendo this year. They put all of their eggs in one basket. SSB does look great, I give them credit for that.

Most interesting thing to me about the Last of Us trailer is that the girl who kissed Ellie seems to be playing a game with everyone. From Ellie, to the boy she was dancing with before and the one who was talking to Ellie. I wouldn't be surprised if her role is more significant than dead or kidnapped lover who plunges Ellie back into the wilds.

I got what I wanted from this Direct.
    Of course, I would have enjoyed news regarding Metroid Prime 4 (and a MP Trilogy remaster announcement), Bayonetta 3, DQ11 and whatever Retro Studios are doing but I prepared myself that it was unlikely since it focused on 2018 early 2019 games.

DBFZ, Fire Emblem, SSBU and that XC2 expansion got me really satisfied.
    Plus, that Daemon X Machina game looks interesting. I hope they play it during the Treehouse.

Now, I'll be crossing fingers during the coming hours that Isaac won't be deconfirmed like Takamaru did (still an AT).

I am grateful that we aren't doing the "who is being cut" usual dance.
    Don't worry we can still do the "They're a clone, This character is taking up a slot for a character I like to have in the game, Why do we keep getting Sword users as FE Reps" dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    Now, I'll be crossing fingers during the coming hours that Isaac won't be deconfirmed like Takamaru did (still an AT).
    Isaac has been my #1 most wanted characters since 2002, and I mean #1 by a long shot.

I was certainly holding my breath when the AT section started, almost had to cover my eyes. However, him not showing up is not too reassuring. For he also didn't show up in SSB4 as an AT... ever. Thus, him not appearing as an AT here could just mean a repeat of SSB4.

However, there is the fact that this game is "Ultimate", and I wonder if they'd include ATs in that category of "everyone returns", like the character roster.

Nintendo scores second place this year with a fine ass direct thanks to the Smash bump. Microsoft still wins though.

On Smash: It doesn't feel like a "new" game, but instead a refresher on everything that was good for the WII U version with some great quality of life changes and ALL the characters. That should tide fans over since we are getting it so quickly.

Overall, not the best E3 this year, but Nintendo and Microsoft came to play and they walk away the best.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Are we forgetting one thing?

FINALLY we're back to classic Mario Party, no damn car

Hard to keep playing the game of which company won when I'm floored by how much shit we have coming up game-wise. December and January seem particularly packed with titles.

So really, feels like it was a good E3 for everyone. Except EA, but that's a surprise to no one.

I wish we saw new Bayo hair and some Metroid Prime 4. Honestly a little underwhelmed by 20 mins of smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Cloud is in Smash, therefore FFVII was at E3.
    Exactly my thoughts when I saw it. This is all I get this E3.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information