+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4642

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Trying to guess Bakugo's hero name is much harder now that the little snippet of his conversation with Jeanist came out. Before I would have still thought it was Ground Zero. But it doesn't sound like a name that represents the type of hero he wants to be. For a while I thought Ka-Boom. But now I'm really not sure. Would it be a one word thing like Endeavor? A lot of the kids and pros have dumb names. The options are endless lol.

Wouldn't ground zero sound weird in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Wouldn't ground zero sound weird in Japan?
    I don't think so? It would just be English I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I don't think so? It would just be English I assume.
    I was more wondering if that name makes them think of the WWII bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I was more wondering if that name makes them think of the WWII bombs.
    Oh right. Could be one of the reasons it never got past that concept stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    It's right there dude.

''When the decision to extend the series happened, I personally thought 'I guess I want to end it here' and it was around volume 30".

It wasn't the original plan from the beginning, it was the original plan when the decision to extend the series happened, which has changed again by now.
    The decision to extend it happened after Kamino came about which allowed him to do arcs to experiment like Hideout Raid. If Endeavor's redemption only came about during the extension then his original plan would have never went beyond 5 volumes. This is such a silly argument.

Bakugo's hero name is gonna be Kacchan, mark my words
    it would be the hoke-iest move in the world, but you don't have Bakugo not have a hero name and have a nickname he hates while Deku's nickname that he hated becomes his hero name

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    it would be the hoke-iest move in the world, but you don't have Bakugo not have a hero name and have a nickname he hates while Deku's nickname that he hated becomes his hero name
    Bakugo hasn't shown that he hates the nickname though. Even Kaminari calls him that and he hasn't commented on it. But using Kacchan is still the same issue. What is it supposed to mean? It's just a childish way of saying his given name.

I think beyond the hitting and how often it happened, the real abusive part was endeavor flexing his control on the family through intimidation and possibly threats, even if thats mostly what they stayed as that kind of stuff really messes with your mind. Stuff like having a sense of dread when ypur parent comes home, feeling kore co fortable when their gone, always feeling like you have to act a certain way etc. Stuff like that isnt easy to deal with by any means

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    I'll laugh my ass off if Bakugou's hero name is Best Blast/Best Explosion. It just seems like such a hilarious nod to how much he hated being under Best Jeanist.

As for the Endeavor arc, I have my mixed feelings for personal reasons. I actually don't mind learning more about Endeavor because I have to wonder where he got this obsession with surpassing All Might from. Was he abused as a child, too? It'd be a nice thematic tie to show the repetition of trauma across generations. Endeavor is forced by his parents to strive to be the best and even seek out a Quirk Marriage. He tries to make it work for real but something eats away at him until he becomes neglecting of his family and Rei finally snaps. Either way, I do like seeing Endeavor grovel. Seeing such a brick wall of a personality crumble is really satisfying. Now, let's see how he puts himself back together.
    Honesty its probably all might showing up. He returned to japan 10(?) years ago from the beginning of tbe seriesShoto is 16 in the beginning amd this could correspond to endeavor getting more brutal as all might gathered mkre fame and fortune so that'd be my best guess
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Trying to guess Bakugo's hero name is much harder now that the little snippet of his conversation with Jeanist came out. Before I would have still thought it was Ground Zero. But it doesn't sound like a name that represents the type of hero he wants to be. For a while I thought Ka-Boom. But now I'm really not sure. Would it be a one word thing like Endeavor? A lot of the kids and pros have dumb names. The options are endless lol.
    If I were to guess, I believe "Best" could be the name.

It's based on Jeanist's name and summarizes Katsuki's character.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Katsuki gets to have Kacchan, No. 2 Hero tattooed on his soul.

Ground Zero, in universe, could be a reference to All Might last stand at Kamino.

Kacchan would be a nice idea. Hell, Best Friend would also be hilarious.

So many good ideas...
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    If I were to guess, I believe "Best" could be the name.

It's based on Jeanist's name and summarizes Katsuki's character.
    Blast Best. The Best. Best Best. Best Heroist. Best Zone....Ugh. I don't even like Best Jeanist's name. I kinda hope it doesn't have that.

But at this rate telling Jeanist his hero name probably won't happen for a few more arcs. I can't imagine he'll encounter Jeanist before Shiggy's done turning into a butterfly.

Yeah honestly that conversation is a little weird if you think about Jeanist's hero name. "Your hero name represents what you strive to be. In my case I always dreamed of being the best of all jeanists." What the hell.

Best Blast would be nice.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Best Hero, unless there's a rule that you can't have "hero" as part of your hero name. Or just Best.
    I hate quacks.

At this rate there's like 4 mysteries going on. Bakugo's hero name, the rest of Deku's quirks, who's the mole, and is Dabi really Touya.

The Best and The Furious.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

At this rate there's like 4 mysteries going on. Bakugo's hero name, the rest of Deku's quirks, who's the mole, and is Dabi really Touya.
    Does the Dabi count as a real mystery at this point?
    Last edited by desa; December 2nd, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information