+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Default Re: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Love that nick, it reminds me of when I first started watching german dubbed OP on RTL2.
    ah good old puma d ace. almost forgotten he was called that and never understood why

Let"s go!!!

I'm finally caught up with one piece for the first time everrrrr

Anway, very good chapter. Brook has been great ever since the end of Dressrosa.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    ah good old puma d ace. almost forgotten he was called that and never understood why
    When I first realized he's actually Portgas D. Ace, I thought portgas was some sort of a wild cat. Like ocelot or serval. All because I thought there had to be a cat connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I gotta say, I think Pudding might join the crew now. But then I can't imagine that Oda will leave behind Carrot. Oda said the new crewmembers will join successfully, and Jinbe is definitely one of them. It would be epic if we got up to 3.

(Sorry if I should post this in the crewmates thread.)
    Last edited by ShinigamiKing; May 6th, 2017 at 10:43 AM.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    I gotta say, I think Pudding might join the crew now. But then I can't imagine that Oda will leave behind Carrot. Oda said the new crewmembers will join successfully, and Jinbe is definitely one of them. It would be epic if we got up to 3.

Would love this but there's not much time to focus on single character and flesh them out to the degree that all the other strawhats have gotten.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

What is the difference between leaving Pedro behind and leaving Carrot behind? I don't get the "Carrot is a female Chopper argument" to say she can't join, but I'm also not following your logic.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    That makes it even worse. Because then it just becomes a cycle.

Editior: "Oda-sensei, get your pencil moving faster! We NEED to get to Wano Country!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your pen swerving quicker! We NEED to get to Elbaf!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your brush stroking swifter! We NEED to get to Raftel!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your stylus sketching rapidly! We NEED to get to the Final War!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your marker drawing briskly! We NEED to get to the final Straw Hat fights!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your rubber erasing fleetly! We NEED to get to the epilogue!"

Editor: "Oda-sensei, get your hand typing posthaste! We NEED to get to Two Piece: One Piece Next Generations!"

Eiichiro Oda: "How many times do I have to remind you to call me Oda-san instead of Oda-sensei?"
    It never happened before that the plot would become so rushed as it is now. I like to think that the managers of Shueisha think that this arc is not doing so well in terms of popularity and prefer to move on as soon as possible. Oda has been cooking up Wano since the beginning of Punk Hazard, and iirc he said he couldn't wait to draw it, i think there's a good a chance he has been saving all the best storylines, characters and Devil Fruit ideas that he came up after Timeskip for the Wano arc all along, as there is a good chance it'll end up being much better than Totland, which, apart from these last segments, it was a pretty decent and funny arc. The editor will have no reason to rush the future arcs if they are popular, as there is no reason for Shueisha to make the manga finish sooner, being the gold mine that it is.

Anyway, Brook and Bege were sure something in this chapter, but the real star for me is Perospero. That ice cold line: "But would you ever pay attention to the cries of a cow that it's about to be eaten?" may be my favourite line of the entire arc. For now he's my favourite BM family member, with a close tie with Mont d'Or.
    ♫ Perorin ♫
    Last edited by Dr. Faust; May 6th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    What is the difference between leaving Pedro behind and leaving Carrot behind? I don't get the "Carrot is a female Chopper argument" to say she can't join, but I'm also not following your logic.
    I feel like Pedro has a story that can be resolved, allowing him to stay behind, meanwhile Carrot doesn't, so it would be odd to have her join the straw hats and then leave without any emotional thing happening. It's similar to Nami and Robin, when they joined.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Faust View Post
    It never happened before that the plot would become so rushed as it is now. I like to think that the managers of Shueisha think that this arc is not doing so well in terms of popularity and prefer to move on as soon as possible.
    ♫ Perorin ♫
    Is there any proof of this? I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious about this. The Whole Cake Island arc has had some refreshing, cool moments for me, but also some not very good moments.

Are people upset about the whole entire Sanji backstory thing? Maybe people felt it was unneeded?
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Is there any proof of this? I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious about this. The Whole Cake Island arc has had some refreshing, cool moments for me, but also some not very good moments.

Are people upset about the whole entire Sanji backstory thing? Maybe people felt it was unneeded?
    No proof. I'm just taking a guess to justify Oda's current writing.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

It never happened before that the plot would become so rushed as it is now. I like to think that the managers of Shueisha think that this arc is not doing so well in terms of popularity and prefer to move on as soon as possible. Oda has been cooking up Wano since the beginning of Punk Hazard, and iirc he said he couldn't wait to draw it, i think there's a good a chance he has been saving all the best storylines, characters and Devil Fruit ideas that he came up after Timeskip for the Wano arc all along, as there is a good chance it'll end up being much better than Totland, which, apart from these last segments, it was a pretty decent and funny arc. The editor will have no reason to rush the future arcs if they are popular, as there is no reason for Shueisha to make the manga finish sooner, being the gold mine that it is.

Anyway, Brook and Bege were sure something in this chapter, but the real star for me is Perospero. That ice cold line: "But would you ever pay attention to the cries of a cow that it's about to be eaten?" may be my favourite line of the entire arc. For now he's my favourite BM family member, with a close tie with Mont d'Or.
    ♫ Perorin ♫
    But that's just it. What exactly makes arcs popular, and what will prevent Wano Country from feeling as potentially dragged out as Dressrosa? What is going to prevent Elbaf from also being unpopular? Greg himself said that he doesn't think that the series will regain the popularity it had during Marineford until maybe the final saga. And we could argue that every post-timeskip arc has been unpopular for one reason or another, so I can't really see how things will suddenly change outside of maybe some Kaido hype.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I feel like Pedro has a story that can be resolved, allowing him to stay behind, meanwhile Carrot doesn't, so it would be odd to have her join the straw hats and then leave without any emotional thing happening. It's similar to Nami and Robin, when they joined.
    Nami was collecting treasure for reasons and Robin was on the run and had a dream with too many enemies. There was clearly a lot more to their stories than with Carrot, who is just the Johnny/Yosaku of this arc. Same for characters like Conis, Kokoro/Chimney/Gonbe, Camie/Hatchan, etc.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Not only Pudding isn't a fair fighter, but her DF powers wouldn't help very much unless the SH have to start to kidnap some enemy grunt and waste the whole chapter with an expositon bomb to know whatever the Arc Villain is hiding or planning.

If this arc really is being rushed, I don't think it's because of poor reception and/or lack of popularity, but just because this is the 20th anniversary of the series, and Oda and/or his editor wants to promote/celebrate it with a major arc like Wano.

@the bolded part: most One Piece communities I've seen have been loving everything from the Bege alliance onward (aside from the Pudding twist, which is divisive). AP is the only one that's been really critical. I'm not saying any of those opinions are invalid or wrong, just that they're in the minority.
    Last edited by MrBits; May 6th, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

♫ Perorin ♫
    When you put it that way, it kinda sounds like Oda half-baked all the sides just to get to the main course, aka Wano. Of course, this isn't how I really feel about the entire Pirate Alliance Saga, it's just your post that led me to that conclusion.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

I felt Perospero a little edgy this chapter, like the lines of him were not on his work to say it... and it was like a fodder panel, this is murder please, just go on.

Spoilers were the chapter, my saviour here was Morganz! The dude knows it all. Oh... Brook too! the joke of the mask was flawless xD
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Because so much of Carrot personalty comes across as Chopper like.

Nor does Carrot have any plot importance what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

That is not a fair impression of the character, Jaime.

Carrot is a SLIGHTLY BRAVER Chopper. And likes carrot-themed things. And has that one girly drawing gag. There's are clear nuanced differences that folks like you can't understand for main character potential.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Nothing's stopping Pedro and Carrot from joining the Grand Fleet though. More alliance members are always welcome.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

But who becomes the Mink captain of the Grand Fleet ship?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

I don't feel that is the case, but as I said on the next crew mate thread, I don't think she will nor am I proposing, I just don't get the argument, I don't see it in the story, others seem to see it, not a big deal for me anyway.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information