+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OK KO! Lets be Heroes!

Default Re: OK KO! Lets be Heroes!

Season 3's visuals have been super good and the Sonic Episode might be the best looking yet. The Sonic vs K0 segment is absolute sakuga.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Looks like OK KO really is ending.

Damn, this has been an easy top 10 Cartoon Network original show, definitely in my top 5. When it's all over I'll probably write up a post-mortem, but for now I just want to reiterate that this has been one of the most creatively-written and animated shows out there, and well worth catching up to if you haven't!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Surprising how upfront they were about KO's dad.

Who voiced the cat shelter lady? Her voice felt so familiar but IMDB is failing me.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Surprising how upfront they were about KO's dad.

Who voiced the cat shelter lady? Her voice felt so familiar but IMDB is failing me.
    Given they knew the series was ending, maybe Boxman’s comments about teasing it for another season was a meta commentary on what the original plans were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I got caught up on the last couple of episodes.

Spoiler:
    I didn't expected Laserblast being KO's dad as well being both Professor Venomus and Shadowy Figure.

I’m finally caught up, what a great series, the face faults, the comedy, the absurdity, the inner journeys of self discovery, the meta jokes, fricking Lord Cowboy Darell.

Too bad that the manatees of scheduling of CN screwed up once again a boxed a great series. At least they got a chance to finish the way they wanted even if it was rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be Constance Shulman, best known as Patty Mayonaise from Doug and Yoga Jones on Orange is the New Black.

AAAAHHHH!!!! Patti Mayonaise! That'll do it! Thanks so much.
    [

The final episodes of KO were great in my opinion. Even through I got into the series late in the run (Right in the middle of the Point Perp arc), I'm going to miss this show.

Spoiler:
    I really like the character designs for the Turbo forms of both Rad and Enid. I got a good laugh from Garnet and the Serect Saturday cameos in the final episode.

The finale was loads of fun. I'm so glad they had enough forewarning to give the show a satisfying ending.

One thimg I was not all that enthused about:
    Spoiler:
    I didn't like that those were obviously Rad amd Enid's kids at the end wprking in the bodega. I liked that the show largely avoided the stereotype and had them be really good platonic friends.

"I AM DEATH-RO" Absolutely slayed me! As did the natural evolution of the KO is 6-12 gag.
    [

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

One thimg I was not all that enthused about:
    Spoiler:
    I didn't like that those were obviously Rad amd Enid's kids at the end wprking in the bodega. I liked that the show largely avoided the stereotype and had them be really good platonic friends.
    Spoiler:
    the writers tended to make it ambiguous as to not upset any ships. Some argued Rad was just a speerm donor and those were surrogates for Red Action and Enid.

Also, folks caught Professor Venomous and Boxman have rings on in the epilogue, and confirmed they were a couple on twitter so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Spoiler:
    God that was an incredible finale. The ending made me tear up uncontrollably. CN didn't deserve a show this great.

This morning I rewatched the end to collect all the different title cards, and I realized why the ending felt so oddly nostalgic. The whole thing is an homage to the end of Mind Game with both its music and message. One last tribute to animation to reflect on the whole show.

Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure the last episode was another one of those clever ways to the writers rant about the show's short run.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure the last episode was another one of those clever ways to the writers rant about the show's short run.
    Spoiler:
    There's a mix of that and just sheer gratitude for having been able to release something they worked so hard on. There's definitely an underlying current of frustration with CN, for good reasons. One major grievance is that only 28 out of all 107 episodes of the show actually premiered on television. Only around 12 pieces of merchandise were ever produced for the show, all of which were comic con exclusive promotional items (nothing big, just some shirts, a pen, a mask, a patch and a few other trinkets like that) besides the game and one DVD set. When the team made cool crossovers with other CN properties, they went under-advertised. Crossover Nexus did get advertisement on air along with its premier event as... a part of a Raven-centric Teen Titans Go block. Even the advertisement for the finale itself failed to acknowledge it as a finale.

Most of all, apparently the show was cancelled out of nowhere. The reasons themselves haven't been disclosed yet, but when Ian described the show's cancellation as being for unfair reasons, he retweeted a comment from Infinity Train creator Owen Dennis saying that some shows just get cancelled because the person in charge dislikes them, regardless of ratings. Ostensibly, OK K.O. got cancelled at the peak of its popularity without much warning. Apparently the only reason the show was even given an event for its finale was because of fan demand. The team has more than enough cause to be a little salty. Despite all that, they put their heart and soul into every last moment they had and made what I believe to be one of the greatest final episodes of all time.
    Last edited by Wagomu; September 8th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information