+ Reply to Thread
Page 903 of 949 FirstFirst ... 403 803 853 893 901 902 903 904 905 913 ... LastLast
Results 18,041 to 18,060 of 18971

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

To be honest, that's the ticket I'd like to see. Warren and Sanders.

VP is almost entirely a useless role. Bernie would be PERFECT as just the man to bring in additional votes in the General. Especially to someone like Warren. They clearly do have a friendship and agree in principal on most points.

I personally just believe that Warren has a more realistic vision of articulating and conveying those points as a whole, and is more intelligent in terms of planning. I think she's a much, much better leader. Where as Bernie would serve well as someone on an administration to yell out his talking points that -while generally are correct- aren't articulated well.

Basically Bernie is the old grandpa who actually has some fucking great ideas, but can't explain them further than shouting to the clouds "get money out of politics and we're all saved". He's not wrong, but he's not actually purposing things to solve those. Outside of the true, but loose statement of "fuck Citizens United"(Jesus Christ I wrote my senior year High school law class paper on that and got 5 college credits for it. God bless corruption I guess?)

Perfect example is today, how people are clinging to a statement Warren made about how the Medicare for All bill as a "Framework" to work around.

Not saying "hey, fuck this" or anything. But that it's something to build on and is not a final draft.

And yet all I've seen is Bernie supporters attacking her for not 100% supporting the bill written by their messiah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

You don't put an old person on the ticket with another even older person. You have someone young that can replace them if need be (and then be pres for 8 years after them)... or if the candidate is young, you have an older VP to add experience.

Also worth noting, a sizeable chunk Bernie's online base at this point might actually be bots intending harm by damaging all other candidates. Not his fault but thats an angle the bots have seen fit to take.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

In the groups I follow people are attacking Warren for her Native American claims a while back. Although I think she did correct it. A lot of people in the US get told as children they had Native ancestry. Myself included. Now thinking about who told me this. I'm not sure it's true and I wouldn't be claiming it until proven lol. At any rate I don't think she used it maliciously. At least I don't recall seeing anything about it. It's annoying that it'll follow her. And some of her past voting for military budgets.

Here's the entire memo.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...nt_unclass.pdf

Note that the memo itself is still abridged, and even so it is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

(Also, for anyone paying attention, everything in here is a direct mirror to Russia and how Trump did that, just this time we have the paperwork and the witnesses because ... he did it in broad daylight at the Whitehouse because he's gotten careless due to everything so far being blocked.)

Man, this is making Watergate look like nothing. Comparatively, Watergate was *only* covering a break in. This is covering up abuses of power to sell out the country to other nations while enriching Trump's personal assets. It's so many magnitudes worse than Watergate was.
    Last edited by Robby; September 26th, 2019 at 07:55 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The only people who still complain about the Native American thing are bad faith Trumpists and Bernie Bros.

What's with all the Bernie Sanders hate all of a sudden? Why support Bernie-lite, when you can actually support the man with the ideals? Ya'll should watch secular talk's video on Elizabeth Warren, since he made all the points on why she's not a great choice that I would have, were I articulate enough to actually form coherent arguments right now, lol.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    What's with all the Bernie Sanders hate all of a sudden? Why support Bernie-lite, when you can actually support the man with the ideals? Ya'll should watch secular talk's video on Elizabeth Warren, since he made all the points on why she's not a great choice that I would have, were I articulate enough to actually form coherent arguments right now, lol.
    I will say this much at least, no other politician has the track record of progressive policies over such a long period like Bernie does. Yeah he's old and white, but he's been fighting the good fight for a long time. I would love to be able to vote for him against Trump if that's how it turns out.

It's not "of a sudden." People were burned on him by the end of the last election, you're just seeing it now because he hit his ceiling in this race and can't get past third place..

Bernie stayed in too long last time around and hurt Clinton, contributing to the hellscape we're in now. His policy ideas are good but his actual plans for implementing them range from insane to terrible to impossible (Akin to Trump's "And Mexico will pay for the wall") . He's not a team player and can't work with anyone in DC including the democrats he's not actually one of. The base of Bernie Bros he's built is super intolerable and obnoxious, and also loaded with bots. And he IS going to be an 80 year old white guy by 2021.

Bernie is fine but he's not actually bringing anything to the table anymore. Last time he directed the conversation. Everyone running now has the same policies.
    Last edited by Robby; September 26th, 2019 at 09:07 AM.

lol Secular Talk.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

On another politics board I follow, the attitude towards Sanders chilled largely because he was seen as a lot of words without substance, and a bad team player on top of that, given he tends to antagonize the DNC 'establishment' while simultaneously wanting to use their resources for his own Presidential campaign. Basically the attitude towards that is "we don't mind if you do one or the other, but doing both is a dick move"

Meanwhile, something about the Whistleblower complaint from What the Fuck Just Happened Today, emphasis mine:

The whistleblower complaint regarding Trump and his interactions with Ukraine has been declassified and released to the public. The full version of the complaint was released to Congress yesterday. The complaint was filed on Aug. 12, and it raises several issues that go beyond Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. The House voted 421-0 to release the complaint. Two House members voted present and 10 did not vote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WA33Y

Is this as significant as I think it is that it was near unanimous?

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I will say this much at least, the Obama administration hated Warren’s constant blocking of their nominees for not being progressive enough, while Bernie Sanders was co-sponsoring legislation with John McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Is this as significant as I think it is that it was near unanimous?
    Yeah, the tides are turning. This probably IS the thing, finally, that gets the job done.

It helps that it is literally the entire Russia scandal, except this time it can be broken down and explained within a single page instead of a novel, there's lots and lots of witnesses, it was clearly done *as president abusing power* rather than *as civilian*, and only has like 3 key players, including Trump and Guiliani. As opposed to Russia where there's dozens of intermediaries in the middle and conspiracy stretching over years of time..

(It also actually IS still the Russia scandal but that part will come around.) .

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's not "of a sudden." People were burned on him by the end of the last election, you're just seeing it now because he hit his ceiling in this race and can't get past third place..

Bernie stayed in too long last time around and hurt Clinton, contributing to the hellscape we're in now. His policy ideas are good but his actual plans for implementing them range from insane to terrible to impossible (Akin to Trump's "And Mexico will pay for the wall") . He's not a team player and can't work with anyone in DC including the democrats he's not actually one of. The base of Bernie Bros he's built is super intolerable and obnoxious, and also loaded with bots. And he IS going to be an 80 year old white guy by 2021.

Bernie is fine but he's not actually bringing anything to the table anymore. Last time he directed the conversation. Everyone running now has the same policies.
    Weren't you just saying earlier that Clinton "won" the election? Now you're blaming Bernie for her loss? He's not a team player because he doesn't want to play the same old game as everyone else anymore. He wants to change it. If you're okay with middling tweaks around the edges but generally everything stays the same, then Bernie ain't for you. Ans as far as his age and race go, who cares? We should pick the best person for the job regardless of their age and certainly regardless of their skin color.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    lol Secular Talk.
    What's wrong with that? Seriously, I'm new to their content and would like to know of any genuine issues with it.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I don't know them either, but the name puts me in mind of those atheists who really want you to KNOW they're atheists.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Weren't you just saying earlier that Clinton "won" the election?
    Because she did. By three million votes.

Now you're blaming Bernie for her loss?
    He was a factor in the fucked up electoral college system failing the country, yes. He might have been a deciding factor on the few thousand votes in three states that made the difference.

He's not a team player because he doesn't want to play the same old game as everyone else anymore. He wants to change it.
    You HAVE to play the game to get literally anything done. It's fine to be an outsider and want change and have a different approach, but if no one, not even your allies, are willing to work with you, that's not actually helping.

Ans as far as his age and race go, who cares?
    yes, why should we care when an 80 year old steps into the most stressful job on the planet?

We should pick the best person for the job regardless of their age and certainly regardless of their skin color.
    No, you don't go by quota and pick a woman or a dark skinned person just cause it's their turn. But it really, REALLY is time for at least some sort of different perspective in charge. "Old white guys" in general shouldn't be running the country anymore, not entirely. Like they have been for basically forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Because she did. By three million votes.

He was a factor in the fucked up electoral college system failing the country, yes. He might have been a deciding factor on the few thousand votes in three states that made the difference.

You HAVE to play the game to get literally anything done. It's fine to be an outsider and want change and have a different approach, but if no one, not even your allies, are willing to work with you, that's not actually helping.

yes, why should we care when an 80 year old steps into the most stressful job on the planet?

No, you don't go by quota and pick a woman or a dark skinned person just cause it's their turn. But it really, REALLY is time for at least some sort of different perspective in charge. "Old white guys" in general shouldn't be running the country anymore, not entirely. Like they have been for basically forever.
    Hillary did not win the election, that's why she's not president right now. And trump's "America first" fake populist bullshit is why he won states like Wisconsin, where I happen to live and voted for Hillary.
    And if the Democrats who supposedly want what's best for the average American citizen refuse to work with the president who actually has plans and ideas to help those average American citizens, who's really at fault for nothing being done?
    And and, I'll say it again, if the old white guy is the best choice among those presented, why should you support someone else just to get a "different perspective "?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

The fact is, Bernie has been in Congress since 1987 and he is very much a team player who understands you need to make deals with Republicans to get what you want.

That his cult is arguing against this is weird, since it means he is somehow an ineffective politician, when the opposite is true!

Weren't you just saying earlier that Clinton "won" the election? Now you're blaming Bernie for her loss? He's not a team player because he doesn't want to play the same old game as everyone else anymore. He wants to change it. If you're okay with middling tweaks around the edges but generally everything stays the same, then Bernie ain't for you. Ans as far as his age and race go, who cares? We should pick the best person for the job regardless of their age and certainly regardless of their skin color.

What's wrong with that? Seriously, I'm new to their content and would like to know of any genuine issues with it.
    Secular Talk operates outside of reality and is just an outlet for Bernie fanboyism while accusing every other Democrat of being deeply corrupt. They are already turning in AOC.

The fact is, Bernie has been in Congress since 1987 and he is very much a team player who understands you need to make deals with Republicans to get what you want.

That his cult is arguing against this is weird, since it means he is somehow an ineffective politician, when the opposite is true!

Secular Talk operates outside of reality and is just an outlet for Bernie fanboyism while accusing every other Democrat of being deeply corrupt. They are already turning in AOC.
    I haven't noticed any corruption allegations from secular talk. I have noticed them attacking Kamala's prosecution record, or Biden's severely increasing "gaffs", and Warren not actually being as progressive as she claims to be. Waffling on medicare for all, and voting for trumpy's increased defense budget specifically. And also lying about not taking big money for the primaries, but using big money earned in hwr senate campaign for exactly that. And also saying she'd take big money during the general. All in all it ain't a good look for Warren.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Hillary did not win the election,
    She did. By three million votes. WHat part of that are you not understanding?

that's why she's not president right now.
    No. Its because the system is fucked up in a way that doesn't actually reward the rightful winner by making some votes count 5 times as much as others.

And trump's "America first" fake populist bullshit is why he won states like Wisconsin, where I happen to live and voted for Hillary.
    There were lots of factors that damaged Hillary. And Bernie was one of them. I'm not saying he was the sole isolated thing, not when you have Russia interfering and the FBI turning on her a week before the election and all the rest. But, a factor.

And if the Democrats who supposedly want what's best for the average American citizen refuse to work with the president who actually has plans and ideas to help those average American citizens, who's really at fault for nothing being done?
    The plans have to have actual *plans* behind them, a way to make them work. Otherwise you end up with Trump's empty promise of "I'll repeal Obamacare and replace it with something better... who knew health care was so hard?"
    Beyond that, if you want your people to do the impossible, they have to like you. There's a difference between doing the job to do it, and proudly serving.

And and, I'll say it again, if the old white guy is the best choice among those presented, why should you support someone else just to get a "different perspective "?
    ANd if he was the best choice, it'd be a different matter. But its an incredibly good field of excellent candidates. No, 80 year old is not first choice. Him dying withing a year of taking office is a legitimate concern.

And again, you don't go diversity quota for the sake of quota, but you do maybe go different if its what the country needs right now. ANd it doesn't need nothing but old white men continuing to run it.

he is very much a team player who understands you need to make deals with Republicans to get what you want.
    That's what Obama thought.

That didn't work out so well for him.

He squandered his first two years and then had nothing but raw obstruction thrown at him the remaining six.

To be fair, Clinton did not win the ELECTION, but she DID win the popular vote. The problem is that the results of the popular vote are irrelevant to the results of the election proper in the case of Presidents.
    Last edited by sgamer82; September 26th, 2019 at 09:58 AM.

Waldorf:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information