+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1862

Thread: Fairy Tail Series IV Discussion

Default Re: Fairy Tail Discussion IV

Gosh. I wonder how are things going on Edolas.

The cats send energy for the spirit bomb, did they move to this reality?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Why shonen series so against showing romance?

They tits, blood, punches, etc. but having the main character kiss his girl is off limits?
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Fairy Tail highs like much of shounen lies in the beginning.
    Mashima is best when hes writing character dynamics and interracting off each other. He is also equally good at creating excitement at the start. It is very unfortunate that this has to happen because he refuses to leave the comforts of his writing or strive to better himself as a writer. When he realized that pandering and typical use of shounen tropes was enough to bring him money, he has no longer cared about his story breaking new grounds or giving his characters depth or changes that would jeopardize his pay check.

He has potential but that doesnt matter because he has no drive to grow or better his story. That's sad.

Mashima isn't good at anything except from copying other series, and their elements. I don't know why people pretend that FT was anything other than a garbage series right from the beginning. There were never any real quality parts in the series especially not in terms of characters, and it only got worst.

The dude is a complete hack, and it's a wonder just how he has managed to survive in this industry so far.

I wonder how many people on this forum were still reading FT un-ironically though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Fairy Tail? I knew it was shit since Fighting Festival.
    You say Bleach was good for 1/3rd of it's run, proceding to state that you knew FT was shit since FF. Which started well past the 1/3rd mark (chapter 256 = post Time-Skip, which I'll just use as the starting point for this arc). This was almost halfway through the Manga (46% done), so you seem to think FT had the longer and better run technically.

Fun stuff.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Well, I'd tend to agree. Bleach started going downhill (and fast) with the Hueco Mundo arc. The Arrancar Invasion of Karakura town was still ok, although not as good as the Soul Society arc. If the story had taken a better turn after that, it would be remembered as a nice transition arc. Since it took a turn for worse, it was the transition to crap.

Fairy Tail was a fun series that made sense and seemed to have some progression until Tenrou Island, which is almost the halfway point of the series. Everything since that timeskip was just absolutely awful though.

I think i said it before but Tenrou island was THE turning point when Mashima unwillingness and cop out really start to shine.The first half of the entire arc was great and had potential before going to shit fast and that became the norm. You knew it was at that point he started pulling shit out of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Mashima isn't good at anything except from copying other series, and their elements. I don't know why people pretend that FT was anything other than a garbage series right from the beginning. There were never any real quality parts in the series especially not in terms of characters, and it only got worst.

The dude is a complete hack, and it's a wonder just how he has managed to survive in this industry so far.
    Lets keep in mind that to be disappointed you first have to have expectations. At the minimal, fairy tail set some pretty good expectations that everyone in this thread had at least once or twice.
    If not i cant fathom why you would keep reading it. But hey maybe you are a complete cynic and i am wrong.

Trust me I hate Mashima as a writer and loath what Ft turned into to. But you cannot forget that Fairy Tail had some good moments here and there. Its not original but Mashima did a number of things right despite "copying".

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Mashima has unquestionably good work-ethic, draws amazingly efficiently and his art is always on point. It's not the best style, it's not the most original style, but it's always at the level it needs to be and almost never dips in quality.

You can argue against his stories, his writing, his characters, his designs. But not his artistic consistency and work ethic. In that respect, he's a top tier mangaka, and that's perhaps the only reason he's survived in the industry despite everything.

Now if only Togashi had Mashima's work ethic and drawing consistency.... ah what a good world it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Wow, that was about as cookiecutter an ending could be. Too bad we didn't see it 200-300 chapters ago. There was like no finality to it.

Oh man this fucker Mashima really has no shame...
    I don't fucking care if his work ethic is good or not, I only appreciate good quality work and not a pile of shit.
    You would fought a creator of a over 500 chapter Manga would have some kind of pride of his series, but it seems this guy only has pride in his consistent Fan service and overall Bullshit moments.

Please God hopefully his next work will be a total failure, which I sadly highly doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Lets keep in mind that to be disappointed you first have to have expectations. At the minimal, fairy tail set some pretty good expectations that everyone in this thread had at least once or twice.
    If not i cant fathom why you would keep reading it. But hey maybe you are a complete cynic and i am wrong.

Trust me I hate Mashima as a writer and loath what Ft turned into to. But you cannot forget that Fairy Tail had some good moments here and there.
    I read plenty of garbage stuff to understand what makes something objectively bad and/appreciate the works that are crafted well with techniques, and author-input. Same thing with people who like analyzing The Room, and understanding why certain movies can objectively be shit.

And no, I didn't have any real expectations of it. It fails on the very basic element of telling a story using drawings. Most people aren't going to talk about it because most people don't really care, or even know what FT fundamentally gets wrong.

Its not original but Mashima did a number of things right despite "copying".
    Nope.

FT is fundamentally shit. There is not a *single* thing it does right. People just have low-expectations, and will let some of the most basic stuff, that FT gets wrong in every way possible, slide.

FT is fundamentally shit. There is not a *single* thing it does right. People just have low-expectations, and will let some of the most basic stuff, that FT gets wrong in every way possible, slide.
    Yes, it is objectively bad and does fail at almost every criteria. However, it does not fail at absolutely every criteria. One of the very few things it does right is the hook - which is also one of these criteria points.

What's so bad about the very first chapter? Is there anything about the first chapter that not only says every potential will be wasted, but also there actually isn't any potential at all? What does the first chapter wrong that prevents the audience from getting hooked in?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

What's so bad about the very first chapter? Is there anything about the first chapter that not only says every potential will be wasted, but also there actually isn't any potential at all? What does the first chapter wrong that prevents the audience from getting hooked in?
    What is there to talk about? The bland setting? Bland art? Bland characters? Very basic plot? Typical comedy? Very basic designs? All the shonen tropes? Or the fact that Natsu is a giant Luffy rip-off? Or Lucy is Nami rip-off?

There was absolutely nothing *unique* or *hooking* about how the series started. No emotional punch, or anything that separated FT from the rest of the shonen series.

From its style, to its panel layout to its designs to its comedy to its setting to its scenarios, were all painfully sub-par in the first chapter. And the first chapter is the best that the series has to offer.

Everything from that point on devolves into the butchering of the most basic story/character/fantasy/visual elements that puts FT in the hall of shame, and makes it quite possibly the single worst manga series out there.
    Last edited by HeartOfDarkness; July 25th, 2017 at 05:50 AM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Natsu groping Wendy and Lucy on the color page for last chapter, appropriate.

Slight setting change, rename the characters and slightly adjust their hair and boom, Mashimas next series with the same problems isn't far off. xD
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; July 25th, 2017 at 06:57 AM.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

It's going to be a technology series about a boy with fire gauntlets who absorb fire, and a girl who can open wormholes to other dimensions and bring warriors that do her bidding.

It's going to be called spaceship tale.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Mmm substanard finale but it was a sweet one nonetheless. Likewise I'm happy they didn't pair Natsu and Lucy, they just seem like good friends and I'm glad at least Mashima sees it that way. Only gripe I can give is that if Anna is stuck in the future, isn't that a paradox. The dragon slayers were one thing since they didn't have family but Anna is Lucy's ancestor so...wouldn't Lucy you know...not exist.

Not much to really say, it a happy ending and really that's all I can ask for. It's been a fun ride FT and, though the last few arcs were shoddy and I've had my complaints. I don't regret reading it. It was still plenty charming and I'll be more then happy to re-read previous arcs. Here's to another successful series. Mr Mashima, but please dude, work on your plot for the next please ^^.
    She had to have had a baby before anyways

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    A quest that is supposedly so hard that it takes 100 years to complete. It was mentioned in the first ~100 chapters btw, so you could technically remember :)

Gildartz tried it but had to quit after getting destroyed by Acnologia.
    Im pretty sure they were tasks that had gone 100 years without being done
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I have to say though, in retrospect I hated reading Bleach a lot more than Fairy Tail. Like it was just a flat out unpleasant experience for years. Whereas Fairy Tail was just so meh from the beginning I never worked up emotions to be mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    You say Bleach was good for 1/3rd of it's run, proceding to state that you knew FT was shit since FF. Which started well past the 1/3rd mark (chapter 256 = post Time-Skip, which I'll just use as the starting point for this arc). This was almost halfway through the Manga (46% done), so you seem to think FT had the longer and better run technically.

Fun stuff.
    you knew FT was shit since FF. Which started well past the 1/3rd mark (chapter 256 = post Time-Skip, which I'll just use as the starting point for this arc)
    since FF. Which started well past the 1/3rd mark
    ... lol wut http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Batt...Fairy_Tail_arc

The arc was only 1/5 to 1/4 of the show. I think you confused Fighting Festival for Grand Magic games bud.

I read plenty of garbage stuff to understand what makes something objectively bad and/appreciate the works that are crafted well with techniques, and author-input. Same thing with people who like analyzing The Room, and understanding why certain movies can objectively be shit.

And no, I didn't have any real expectations of it. It fails on the very basic element of telling a story using drawings. Most people aren't going to talk about it because most people don't really care, or even know what FT fundamentally gets wrong.

I kind of agree.

Even though most people recognize its flaws, it still of stuns me when people say it was good until the timeskip. Like... really? Fairy Tail was never really good at its best, only intriguing. I don't know how people really read through it without having to consciously let everything slide. I guess it's the Superhero movie syndrome, where the design/"flavor" makes it easier to forgive any shortcomings.

Natsu as a character was intriguing in the first chapter, but then he quickly devolved pretty much when Erza came into the show (Natsu became a shonen protaganist robot).

The series still had potential, but started to show really serious cracks in Phantom Lord. Tower of Heaven was good (in comparison, that is), then the show became full fledged shit afterwards.

So you're looking at a series that was 90% pure shit, and 10% not shit (with most of that 10% in the beginning, the rest sprinkled throughout). But it was never fully good for any meaningfully sustained period of time.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information