Spoiler:

Last chapter has no bath scenes

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: Fairy Tail Discussion IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    Spoiler:

Last chapter has no bath scenes
    Spoiler:
    ...But there are still tits and asses, right? It's the core theme of this manga, it needs them!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Zeref and Mavis reincarnated and coincidentally meet at Lucy's party

Seriously? Forget what I said some posts ago. No, Mashima, don't even try! Just write a gag manga instead, okay?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Spoiler:
    So we aren't even allowed to see someone actually doing something romantic or just hooking up with anyone? Booo!

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/OLUbLhoy3mc

Let me guess.. none of the Spriggans showed up anywhere in that chapter?
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

So I'm going to read this crap's final chapter on One Piece's 20th anniversary. What blasphemy.

Even in the final chapter Hiro disappoints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleach was great early on because it focused on Ichigo's development on a person.

Read the ending of this chapter 181. You'll see why Bleach should have ended right there; Ichigo's character arc/conflict had come to a close.

Bleach was basically a 3 Act Play.

The 1st act was Karakura Town, the 2nd Act was early soul society, and the 3rd act was the ending fights in soul society.

In a series like Bleach and Fairy Tail that don't have over-arching goals (such as One Piece or Naruto), you need to have a certain element to focus on - which will usually be the characters and their development in that world.

Too many arcs in Fairy Tail did little to progress the characters or world in any meaningful sense (I stopped at early Grand Magic games). The drama was poor, and the worldbuilding was non-existant for much of the series. As a result, instances where Fairy Tail saves the city or world feel meaningless since there's no context for it too matter.

When One Piece ends, you'll feel the impact of what Luffy did on the world since the worldbuilding was there.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Bleach was great early on because it focused on Ichigo's development on a person.

Read the ending of this chapter 181. You'll see why Bleach should have ended right there; Ichigo's character arc/conflict had come to a close.

The 1st act was Karakura Town, the 2nd Act was early soul society, and the 3rd act was the ending fights in soul society.

In a series like Bleach and Fairy Tail that don't have over-arching goals (such as One Piece or Naruto), you need to have a certain element to focus on - which will usually be the characters and their development in that world.

Too many arcs in Fairy Tail did little to progress the characters or world in any meaningful sense (I stopped at early Grand Magic games). The drama was poor, and the worldbuilding was non-existant for much of the series. As a result, instances where Fairy Tail saves the city or world feel meaningless since there's no context for it too matter.

When One Piece ends, you'll feel the impact of what Luffy did on the world since the worldbuilding was there.
    Hmm, I wonder how good would Bleach be, if I'd cut it at the right moment. So would Bleach actually be a genuinely great read if I'd strictly stop at chapter 181? Or would there be too much loose ends nevertheless?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

You'd need the final battle against Gin. Who killed Aizen, and manipulated soul society into turning against eachother.

Spoiler:
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how good would Bleach be, if I'd cut it at the right moment. So would Bleach actually be a genuinely great read if I'd strictly stop at chapter 181? Or would there be too much loose ends nevertheless?
    The Aizen issue is the only problem. It's a loose end.

The character development of Ichigo and the rest, the character arsc, and the sense of closure helped make the first 181 chapters feel like an actual story. There's a 'reason' or 'purpose' to it. It's great.

As where the rest of the series kinda sucks.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post

The art used to have character and the blackness worked, those were the days.

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I remember when the spoilers for Naruto and Bleach's last chapters came out we had shit to talk about it, but here...It is so lacking in content.

Shame.

About shipping, is it legitimate to shorten Lucy&Natsu to Luna (instead of Nacy or Lutsu)?

And yeah, it's really sad that I'm thinking about that kind of stuff now?

Most people use NaLu

There's a wikia solely for Fairy Tail couples??????? With the whole summaries putting emphasis about ships??????? No, I get why Dragon Slayers don't get along with ships, as this really is overkill.

http://fairytailcouples.wikia.com/wiki/NaLu

Awesome website. I clicked Random Page out of curiousity and the first thing that pops up is Natsu x Romeo and then Gray x Loki. Either the ships are random or everyone is shipped with everyone in there.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Also it doesn't help that a lot of these people get WAAAAAAY more spotlight than in the goddamn manga itself. Like Hibikenny, as if I'd still know about Hibiki and Jenny.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    or everyone is shipped with everyone in there.
    Well, there's this ship: http://fairytailcouples.wikia.com/wiki/Cakza

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information