+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO series)

Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

Theory:
    Spoiler:

http://i.imgur.com/NpfwyOJ.png

They don't show his name here, which means he could be Arnolds replica. Just like Ford will probably built a replica of Theresa in that basement.

Also when Bernard was shown a picture of Arnold previously it was clearly the Bot of Fords father.

http://i.imgur.com/jbeK0zn.jpg

My theory got ninaj'd badly lol. Should have refreshed the page before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Both of you just mentioned the possibility concerning Arnold, but what I really wonder is, why was Arnold so mysterious that absolutely nobody remembers him? That seems pretty bizarre. Even if for some reason nobody currently alive ever met him, wouldn't there be some kind of record of him, given the scale of the operation the co-founded? This is regardless of whether he was ever actually a human to begin with... there'd at least be photos or something right? At least the Man in Black seems aware of him, and he said he's been going for 35 years.

I believe Arnold was there before the big funding and corporates came into the picture and they weren't really bothered who was in charge before but took Ford as the big daddy of the whole project. Perhaps people knew him outside and the man in black could be the only trusted source they could get help from to battle against someone like Ford. Or maybe that's what the next seasons are going to be about...
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

This is just me being silly, and now that I think about it I bet I'm not the first to consider it, but:

Spoiler:
    If you look at the name "Bernard" and compare it to "Arnold" they are partial anagrams. From the letters in "Bernard" you can make "Arnd" with the only missing letters being O and L. Coincidentally those are the first two letters of his last name, Lowe. So out of his full name you can make "Arnold." If you want to take it further, the leftover letters in the name Bernard are the first three, "ber," which also appear in the same order in "Robert" (Ford's first name).

This is just me being silly, and now that I think about it I bet I'm not the first to consider it, but:

Spoiler:
    If you look at the name "Bernard" and compare it to "Arnold" they are partial anagrams. From the letters in "Bernard" you can make "Arnd" with the only missing letters being O and L. Coincidentally those are the first two letters of his last name, Lowe. So out of his full name you can make "Arnold." If you want to take it further, the leftover letters in the name Bernard are the first three, "ber," which also appear in the same order in "Robert" (Ford's first name).
    Spoiler:

Although it might seem something, I am not sure if it strongly suggests any connection between them. I think if we play around with the letters, we can somehow get some relationship between two words :P On the other hand, I read somewhere that Bernard's wife name is Lauren which is the anagram for Unreal

Edit:

Spoiler:

Damn, looks like the Benard theory is a raging hit in Reddit. Looks like there are a lot of evidences pointing the same as compared to what I thought of
    Last edited by xan; November 14th, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Link please? I'm not really Reddit-savvy
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I already want to rewatch all the episides again. That twist. I actually gasped when
    Spoiler:
    They were in Ford's house and Theresa says there's a door here. And Bernard says "What door?" I was like...Oh fuck...no...Then he didn't recognize the schematics.

Ford is a cruel bastard. I love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Link please? I'm not really Reddit-savvy
    Here it is

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I already want to rewatch all the episides again. That twist. I actually gasped when
    Spoiler:
    They were in Ford's house and Theresa says there's a door here. And Bernard says "What door?" I was like...Oh fuck...no...Then he didn't recognize the schematics.

Ford is a cruel bastard. I love this show!
    I checked out the previous episode and there was a surprise there too

Spoiler:

If you remember Bernard entering the house to find unaccounted bots there, we can see that there is no door to the right from where he stands however, Ford magically appears there within seconds in front of that wall! Crazy shit. This also happened especially minutes after when Bernard says that bots can be programmed to ignore certain aspects in the world

Episode 8

Spoiler:

Alright so I guess the maze level is initiated whenever the bot's "conscious" gets fragmented due to a significant emotional loss. I don't know if any coders are here but if so, have you heard of segmentation fault? Kinda resembled that here. By the access of the maze, the bots would attain the clearance level to access complete past memories and overwrite previously constrained regulations to have a free reign. I think what Arnold was trying to initiate was free will! As per Ford, there is no difference between human and bot subconscious but Arnold believed that there is and that probably was the ability of free will. Even when it comes to killing oneself or protecting oneself. If someone kills you if you step onto a yellow colored tile, you won't do it if you remember it. So Arnold wants old memories to come back and free will to be enabled

Trying to organize the timelines here
    1) Ford/Bernard revelation, founder choosing the old dad of Dolores, Maeve's plot, Man in black/Teddy adventure - Timeline 1
    2) William/Dolores - Timeline 2 or Timeline 1
    3) Maeve and her daughter, Man in black killing Maeve - Timeline 3
    4) Dolores killing everyone - Timeline 4

Hope I got it right
    Last edited by xan; November 21st, 2016 at 12:45 AM.

It's getting more and more dangerous to read this thread with all of the potential spoilers!

Spoiler:
    When Bernard remembered himself choking someone briefly, was that Elsie?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Spoiler:
    When Bernard remembered himself choking someone briefly, was that Elsie?
    Yes. I think it is heavily implied she is already dead.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    Here it is
    Wow, I need to watch all the episodes again completely sober... lol

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Man in Black recognized the woman from Wyatt's crew ("Ford doesn't want to lose a pretty face") and I sort of recognize her. My brother thinks shes the Host that greeted William to the park and helped him pick his wardrobe.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Man in Black recognized the woman from Wyatt's crew ("Ford doesn't want to lose a pretty face") and I sort of recognize her. My brother thinks shes the Host that greeted William to the park and helped him pick his wardrobe.
    She is the host who helped William and she was in Dolores flashback where the hosts learned to dance.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Yes and he further goes on to say that he remembers her which also pushed towards the theory that

Spoiler:

William is the man in black

Spoiler:
    I'm rewatching some episodes with my roommate. The room that Bernard has private talks with Dolores with. That's the basement of Ford's play house isn't it? I thought Bernard couldn't see the door to the room when he went back with Theresa. Was Ford letting him go there at some point to alter her?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm rewatching some episodes with my roommate. The room that Bernard has private talks with Dolores with. That's the basement of Ford's play house isn't it? I thought Bernard couldn't see the door to the room when he went back with Theresa. Was Ford letting him go there at some point to alter her?
    Spoiler:

I believe that the scene might have been the encounter between the real Arnold (who Bernard is modelled out of) and Dolores. Notice that Dolores is fully clothed. Arnold being the opposite of Ford, it makes sense that he treats the bots as human hence covers them up as compared to Ford and even Bernard himself who wouldn't bother stripping any bot naked when they interact with it

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It's interesting how this is the first show I've been working with since beginning to end. This is a blessing and a curse too, since I get to see some things before they should be seen (subtitles don't make themselves). Looking forward to the last two episodes.

Episode 9:
    Spoiler:
    Wow, there was so much going on, I don't even know where to start. Fan theories about Bernard being Arnold turned out to be true, William absolutely slaughtering all of the Confederados, final confirmation that Bernard killed Elsie (as if there was much doubt left), and of course the reveal that Arnold did not commit suicide but was killed by Dolores of all people/hosts. At first I actually believed that Bernard was able to actually threaten Ford with Clementine, which is kinda silly in retrospect, as Ford truly is a god to the hosts.
    With only one episode left, it'll be difficult to finish all plot points which doesn't matter all too much anyway since season 2 was already ordered. I guess they will focus on what exactly happened to Arnold now that his identity is finally revealed, make a bit more progress on the Man in Black and his quest to find the maze, have William reunite with Dolores and maybe end on the start of the hosts' revolution, leaving it on a cliffhanger. Then again, it felt like they were able to put a lot into this episode without making it feel crammed, so I have faith in them to make a good final episode of season 1.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

I hope the finale is good, because episode 9 had a lot of plot development and reveals but it was also kind of a mess in my opinion. Too much going on at once and now that the (exceedingly drawn-out) reveal has happened and the timeline differences are becoming more and more apparent, I am worried about it holding together coherently.

Spoiler:

Alright so we got one of the theories confirmed about Bernard and Arnold. There was one more thing which was bothering me for a long time and after digging into reddit I got some people who seemed to think about the same too with quite some evidence. This episode however, pretty much confirmed it

See this at your own risk! This could be a major spoiler for the season finale!
    Spoiler:

Warning you again! Major spoiler
    Spoiler:

Dolores is Wyatt!

Apart from this I guess the episode was pretty neat in tying things up together with the deaths of few of the employees. I am also wondering what happened to the security dude who got ambushed by a group of Indians and how he couldn't control them. Are they exempted by Ford too? For what reason?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information