+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 199 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3961

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Skypiea special could have been so good, if they didn't cut all the fights and actually reanimated the flashback. Oh well, hopefully Stampede gets announced next. I'm still hoping for the older movies (I want Baron Omatsuri!)

I’d take Baron Omatsuri; that’s about the only thing that would make me okay with a month or two delay on the episodes.

Honestly with the break this long and it being clear we probably won't ever catch up to where Japan is for at least years now, might as well go back and dub the older movies
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Frankly, I don't think I ever expected to "catch up to Japan." The only way I see that ever happening if if they begin a simul-dub.

Well, while Episode of Skypeia isn't what we wanted, the silver lining here is that Funi has at least dubbed some OP content within the last year, and they are at least giving us a somewhat steady stream of content. I was kind of worried there that maybe they were releasing the older specials just to get them off the books, especially since Sabo and some of them appear to have been dubbed like two or three years ago (and that "complete you collection phrasing" wasn't very encouraging either).

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Frankly, I don't think I ever expected to "catch up to Japan." The only way I see that ever happening if if they begin a simul-dub.
    I should clarify I didn't think we would either, I just mean, with the gap being this wide, I'd almost want FUNi to just dub older films.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    Well, while Episode of Skypeia isn't what we wanted, the silver lining here is that Funi has at least dubbed some OP content within the last year, and they are at least giving us a somewhat steady stream of content. I was kind of worried there that maybe they were releasing the older specials just to get them off the books, especially since Sabo and some of them appear to have been dubbed like two or three years ago (and that "complete you collection phrasing" wasn't very encouraging either).
    A couple voice actors had commented on having dubbed Episode of East Blue around May of this year. Also I'm pretty sure 3D2Y is the only special we know for certain was dubbed several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    A couple voice actors had commented on having dubbed Episode of East Blue around May of this year. Also I'm pretty sure 3D2Y is the only special we know for certain was dubbed several years ago.
    Oh, wasn't aware of that. Wasn't the Foxy special confirmed to be dubbed a while back at least?

Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    It's difficult for me at least to consider what's currently going on as a hiatus or break, since as you mentioned Funimation has still been releasing dubbed One Piece related content this year. If they released nothing this year than that would have been a major cause for concern about the future of the One Piece dub.

I think the only property they've confirmed is on a permanent hiatus is Sgt. Frog. Nothing new has been released since 2011 (if you want to get technical 2012, but that was just combining part one and two of season three for a complete release) and the fact that companies like Discotek haven't licensed the movies (liked they did with Toriko) or even Crunchyroll at least releasing subbed-only episodes (again like Toriko), still indicates that they have the license to it, despite not doing anything with it for like six or seven years now.

Stampede is listed for October 24th on the AMC website: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/s...32937893171200

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Stampede is listed for October 24th on the AMC website: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/s...32937893171200
    Looks good. Hopefully it's a dubbed release.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Looks like the wait is almost over. Such a disappointing way for the news to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Looks good. Hopefully it's a dubbed release.
    At this point, I'm seeing it regardless of whether it's a dubbed or subbed release (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Looks like the wait is almost over. Such a disappointing way for the news to break.

At this point, I'm seeing it regardless of whether it's a dubbed or subbed release (or both).
    Eh. It wasn't a long wait. The movie isn't big news, honestly. If it's coming out in October, that means Funimation needs to announce it soon. Here's praying they announce S10 alongside it. It'll give them an opportunity to announce, at least. Any cons with industry panels coming up?

AMC has taken down the listing, basically meaning it wasn't supposed to go up yet

So basically we got a Walmart annoucing Dragon Ball Season 1 boxset before Funimation could announced it sitution with Stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    So basically we got a Walmart annoucing Dragon Ball Season 1 boxset before Funimation could announced it sitution with Stampede.
    16 chars of Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    16 chars of Huh?
    He's saying that it's like when Walmart had the Dragon Ball Season 1 DVD set up on their website before FUNi had officially announced it and it got taken down. The same thing seems to be happening here with Stampede being listed on AMC's website before FUNi announced it and it getting taken down as well.

REALLY hoping the AMC date listing is true. My birthday is the day after and I can't think of a better way of spending it than seeing a OP film in theaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I exist...I guess....

Around a week ago AMC put up a listing for the film Human Lost for an October 22nd release. Today Funimation officially announced the Human Lost release for October 22/23.

So yeah, that Stampede listing…

Do you guys think they could have dubbed the movie that fast, with Dragonball its understandable??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information