+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music in 2016

Default Music in 2016

Still can't believe it's 2016. Anyway talk about 2016 album releases and what you're looking forward to. I'm looking forward to

David Bowie - Blackstar (has apparently leaked but not in good quality)
    New St. Vincent album

That's it so far I think. Would be nice if some people like the Ex, Solex, and/or Kate Bush released something new though since they haven't in a while. The Ex seems likely at some point since they have quite a few new songs not on albums.

Edit: I've been hearing about a new Cobalt album for a while too but there's some stuff happening with the members and I don't know if it'll ever come out.

Default Re: Music in 2016

Alright yeah might as well get it out of the way:

NEW KANYE AND FRANK OCEAN PLEASE

Isn't Kanye being kind of secretive about the new album? Like I've seen people saying they don't even know if any of the songs Kanye released last year would be on the album.

Well all I know is that the album is called 'Swish' and... that's it really. :/

Don't know or care if previous tracks will end up on it.

Ezra Koenig apparently confirmed a new Vampire Weekend album for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Alright yeah might as well get it out of the way:

NEW KANYE AND FRANK OCEAN PLEASE
    Wish granted! Album out on Feb. 11.

Song is definitely reminiscent of Graduation-era Yeezy and I like that.

Bowie's "Blackstar," Matthew Sweet's kickstarter album (tentatively titled "Tomorrow Forever"), and the new Jayhawks album are the only ones I entered the year anticipating. I'm sure there will be plenty more that pop up along the way, but if those are the only three, I'll be okay with it. "Blackstar" delivered on all fronts for me. I really, really missed David Bowie, and I'm thrilled "The Next Day" wasn't a one off.

There's an ongoing campaign to push this album into famesville (or at least the 2016 RYM charts) by the RYM Boards: Anderson .Paak's Malibu

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    There's an ongoing campaign to push this album into famesville (or at least the 2016 RYM charts) by the RYM Boards: Anderson .Paak's Malibu
    Right on - glad to see him snatching some real fame after his stuff on Compton. Hellfyre Club is/was one of my favorite hip-hop collectives so it's nice to finally see them catching breaks lately with this plus Milo's last LP making a lot of year end lists along with Driver's mixtape... and OME got a lot of attention with his EP after his performance on Hannibal's show. Good shit.

Ahhh, that production. Hype.

Nice to hear some new stuff from Massive Attack, didn't realize they were still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Huraaaaa! Any info about release date?

BTW, Billy Joel is my favourite singer of all time and he has a tour across the US in 2016.
    Last edited by rianna; March 27th, 2016 at 08:30 AM.

Nope. All that was implied was a new album, no release date.

Unfortunately, Rostam Batmanglij (god, what an awesome name) recently announced his departure from Vampire Weekend. He'll still provide some contributions to the new album, but I'm really hoping it doesn't hurt the overall quality too much.

If the album is already done his leaving shouldn't affect much for this album. For most of the making of the album at least he should have been there as a full member. And people are claiming this is some disaster, and while it does suck and has the potential to be, I don't like giving up on a band that quickly like I've seen some people say they're doing.

Oh yeah, I'm not giving up on them by any means. Like I said, I'm just hoping this doesn't end up hurting the quality of their music. They're one of my favorite bands to come out in the last few years and I'll continue to listen to them until they give me a reason not to.

New Cobalt album finally has a release date. The original vocalist was replaced with the one from Lord Mantis, which I've never listened to, but hopefully he's good. And I hope the album is good too as I love Gin. It's a double album too, which can be good or bad.

https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/...-slow-forever/

Signal boosting this:

https://opaquebody.bandcamp.com/album/sun-permeant

A friend of mine just released this album and it is really good. It is some really high quality atmospheric electronica and I am not just saying that because the dude's my friend. I am already hooked on it. The production is masterful and makes the music really get under your skin. Another friend of mine compared him to Oneothrix Point Never, so if you're into that, definitely check this out. Even if you aren't check this out!

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Went through some old Stereogum posts and hey some pretty cool indie folk:

Gotta check that album (When You Walk a Long Distance You Are Tired) out, together with Malibu, K Dot's Amnesiac to his TPAB and whenever TLOP gets the fuck out of Tidal

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information