+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta get back -Back to the past- SAMURAI JACK- Whachow

Default Gotta get back -Back to the past- SAMURAI JACK- Whachow

Fred Seibert, Kevin Kolde and Eric Gardner have joined forces to launch Frederator Films. They aim to produce 2-D animated movies budgeted at under $20 million. Currently the new studio has three projects in the works including Samurai Jack. Creator Genndy Tartakovsky is attached to write and direct.

Kevin Kolde spent over a decade running Spumco while Eric Gardner heads the talent management and production company Panacea Entertaiment. Fred Seibert is the former president of Hanna-Barbera and longtime producer at Frederator Studios. All three people will serve as producers on Frederator Films projects.
    [Source: Variety ]

this is some awesome news

come on actual ending!

Default Re: Samurai Jack Movie CONFIRMED!

Nice to see that Tartakovsky has delivered on his implications of a Samurai Jack motion picture. Now, he just needs to finish off the series, which he has implied will happen sometime in the future.

Samurai Jack is a work of genius. It focuses on a lack of dialogue, which is what makes it truly interesting.

Second only in levels of epic win to Wii Katamari.

Really looking forward to this, it'll be nice to see a nice 2D animated film with all of the CG trash floating around these days as well.

OH YEAH! Finally! I remember hearing about it but I thought it was just a rumor, This is gonna be sweet!

Nice, I also thought about Samurai Jack earlier today for some reason.

I was disappointed when I learnt the series just ended, so I really hope this movie finish the story off, or maybe even pave the way for another batch of episodes.

Too bad the voice actor for Aku died.

Samurai Jack is a true work of genius. The sad part is, the best shows are often canceled because they don't tend to pick up in popularity really quickly, as opposed to the trash on TV which gets ratings, but then dies.

I'd certainly like to see an ending. I managed to follow the series for a few episodes but after about 10 I couldn't watch it as often, which often sucked for me since I loved the idea.

I have usully watched the show from TV if I have been given a chance to do so. Well, I could watch it anytime off the internet but that requires me to type a web address --- too bothersome. The idea of making a movie has a great echo, though. But it needs to be a bit more than just an extended episode with slighty better animation.

I prefer consistency. Same Animation, with a plotline that advances the overall story. Movies are better not as an episode or group of episodes who's script was redone to work as a movie, and be scrunched or extended. A movie should have a plotline worth 2 hours in a dark room, sitting next to strangers who cough on you and steal your popcorn. If you took your favorite TV series, and took your favorite episode from that series, and you took the plot points and spread them out more, with greater detail and better animation, it would absolutely suck.

I'll definitely go see it if it's completed, but I'll have to download all the episodes so I can catch up first, or buy the DVDs.

Wohoo!a Samurai Jack movie!,Too bad Mako died :( maybe they would get that guy who sounds like Mako

Kamen Rider OOOs

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Samurai Jack was one of the best shows on CN! It's nice to hear that it'll be a movie. Though I wonder who should play Aku?
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Oh God, it has been too long. Definitely looking forward to this.

EDIT: Crap, didn't know Aku's voice actor died. I honestly can't see another voice for him...that's gonna be tough.

Daisuke CP9

FINALLY~!! God this is going to be awesome, maybe things can all be explained in this movie too.

the crators also said this in a interview yup i just burst you bubble

GENNDY: They just couldn't get the script right. I wasn't writing it. The people who were writing the script and the studios just couldn't come up with something they liked.

UGO: Any chance of a live-action Samurai Jack movie?

GENNDY: For right now, no.

UGO: Have you ever done anything live-action?

GENNDY: I messed around with it in college a little bit, but nothing official.

UGO: Are you interested in it?

GENNDY: Yeah, but for me I think it's more important to do an animated feature. To really bring our sensibility to the big screen. If you saw a Jack episode on the big-screen, it would be so much more powerful because the images are huge, but also the sound is so much more compelling and interesting.
    genndytartakovsky

UGO: Do you direct the show as if it's really people?

GENNDY: I direct the shows the same way we did Dexter's Laboratory. We do an outline, I supervise and sometimes draw the storyboards, I'll do most of the timing and the postproduction.

UGO: What is the most difficult?

GENNDY: The animation and storyboarding are the most difficult parts. To convey a lot of emotion and character without dialogue is very difficult.

UGO: What is your favorite episode from the first season?

GENNDY: Definitely Chapter Seven [with the three blind archers]. The animation was really strong and it was one of the ideas I had as soon as I came up with the concept.
    genndytartakovsky

UGO: Are they planning to collect the Star Wars shorts on DVD?

GENNDY: I'm sure they will.

UGO: How different is doing Samurai Jack from the Star Wars shorts?

GENNDY: It's very different because obviously Star Wars isn't my idea, so I don't have as much freedom with the characters. With Jack, if we want a different take to experiment we just do it, but on Star Wars, Anakin is who he is and you can't change him. We have to keep true to the personality of who he is.

UGO: If you could change Anakin, what would you do?

GENNDY: Probably make him darker, quieter and more demented.

All Your Souls are Mine! guitaguar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GearSecond View Post
    Too bad the voice actor for Aku died.
    when did he die? i never knew that

this movie sounds cool. any release dates announced?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfrost View Post
    the crators also said this in a interview yup i just burst you bubble

GENNDY: They just couldn't get the script right. I wasn't writing it. The people who were writing the script and the studios just couldn't come up with something they liked.

UGO: Any chance of a live-action Samurai Jack movie?

GENNDY: For right now, no.

UGO: Have you ever done anything live-action?

GENNDY: I messed around with it in college a little bit, but nothing official.

UGO: Are you interested in it?

GENNDY: Yeah, but for me I think it's more important to do an animated feature. To really bring our sensibility to the big screen. If you saw a Jack episode on the big-screen, it would be so much more powerful because the images are huge, but also the sound is so much more compelling and interesting.
    genndytartakovsky

UGO: Do you direct the show as if it's really people?

GENNDY: I direct the shows the same way we did Dexter's Laboratory. We do an outline, I supervise and sometimes draw the storyboards, I'll do most of the timing and the postproduction.

UGO: What is the most difficult?

GENNDY: The animation and storyboarding are the most difficult parts. To convey a lot of emotion and character without dialogue is very difficult.

UGO: What is your favorite episode from the first season?

GENNDY: Definitely Chapter Seven [with the three blind archers]. The animation was really strong and it was one of the ideas I had as soon as I came up with the concept.
    genndytartakovsky

UGO: Are they planning to collect the Star Wars shorts on DVD?

GENNDY: I'm sure they will.

UGO: How different is doing Samurai Jack from the Star Wars shorts?

GENNDY: It's very different because obviously Star Wars isn't my idea, so I don't have as much freedom with the characters. With Jack, if we want a different take to experiment we just do it, but on Star Wars, Anakin is who he is and you can't change him. We have to keep true to the personality of who he is.

UGO: If you could change Anakin, what would you do?

GENNDY: Probably make him darker, quieter and more demented.

How does this burst any bubbles?

oh and for people wondering about Aku's VA, he didn't actually do all the episodes and the guy they got as his replacement was so close it was scary

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Nice job Slowpokes, make a Samurai Jack movie a YEAR AFTER MAKO DIED.

I won't watch it - the show isn't the same without Mako. =_=
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Too bad Samurai Jack was pretty boring and crappy.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Toriko's Choice Ass Mrs.RoronoaZoro's Avatar

I can't wait. I should go buy the dvds...I haven't seen that show in so long. And I thought it was awesome...cuz...Jack's just awesome...XD and he was so cute as a little boy...sorry...that was a bit random.

I didn't even know that guy died...O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Too bad Samurai Jack was pretty boring and crappy.
    just because it didn't have any shiney pidgeys

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information