+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 286 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 5701

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

If Kaido shrugged off G4 like it was your little brother slapboxing you, but Big Mom's basic punches bruised him, poor Luffy is still so screwed on the prospect of beating him.

I believe that BigMom vs Kaido being off-panelled means its not that big of a deal.

Don't get me wrong whenever it's over big statements will be made, wether it's a new alliance or the renovation of revenge vows.
    Two emperors meeting will send ripples across all the New World but it's not like one of them will kill/defeat the other.

When Ace and Blackbeard fought Oda off-panelled the final clash but he showcased their powers and abilities he wanted to hype both characters for the far future.
    Here he doesn't really get anything from it, if he started showing too much of the fight they wouldn't be as surprising when Luffy faces them in the "near" future.

He hasn't even shown Kaido going dragon form or BigMom pulling homies left and right. It feels much more like a Sanji vs Zoro quarrel, which most likely fits given the shared Rox crew backstory.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    They are making the next Pirate King.
    This panel led my brain down certain directions

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    I believe that BigMom vs Kaido being off-panelled means its not that big of a deal.

Don't get me wrong whenever it's over big statements will be made, wether it's a new alliance or the renovation of revenge vows.
    Two emperors meeting will send ripples across all the New World but it's not like one of them will kill/defeat the other.

When Ace and Blackbeard fought Oda off-panelled the final clash but he showcased their powers and abilities he wanted to hype both characters for the far future.
    Here he doesn't really get anything from it, if he started showing too much of the fight they wouldn't be as surprising when Luffy faces them in the "near" future.

He hasn't even shown Kaido going dragon form or BigMom pulling homies left and right. It feels much more like a Sanji vs Zoro quarrel, which most likely fits given the shared Rox crew backstory.
    This .

I still wonder who will kill Kaido, I mean Black Beard would be the obvious choice to build him up as the new strongest creature in the world and get his third devil fruit

But that would mean BB would end up killing three Emporor's (White beard, Kaido and eventually Shanks)

But I could tots see the Rox captain killing Kaido after he refuses to become his subordinate again, to build him up as a crediable threat

Then again Akainu might unleash whatever force Vegapunk created to replace the seven warlords to build them up as a credible threat

Or knowing Oda there may be some unknown baddy we have no idea about

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I still wonder who will kill Kaido, I mean Black Beard would be the obvious choice to build him up as the new strongest creature in the world and get his third devil fruit

But that would mean BB would end up killing three Emporor's (White beard, Kaido and eventually Shanks)

But I could tots see the Rox captain killing Kaido after he refuses to become his subordinate again, to build him up as a crediable threat

Then again Akainu might unleash whatever force Vegapunk created to replace the seven warlords to build them up as a credible threat

Or knowing Oda there may be some unknown baddy we have no idea about
    Luffy punches him in the liver, and decades of alcohol abuse comes back to haunt Kaido as he dies instantly.

tama gives him a dango and that's it

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Raftel being romanized as Laugh Tale is pretty huge.
    So Elbaf could be romanized as "Air Buff"? Who knows.
    Now, If Laugh Tale is the home to laughing people, you all know it could be the D.s' origin isle.
    Maybe this whole D-thing is nothing else but the shape of a grinning mouth, like in ":-D".
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Doesn't Raftel already count as confirmed to be D.s origin/Capital of ancient kingdom with all the Road Poneglyphs and the talk of God's Natural Enemy? Laugh Tale would of course fit very well into the D.s scheme. Never thought of the smiley before though. It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Raftel being romanized as Laugh Tale is pretty huge.
    So Elbaf could be romanized as "Air Buff"? Who knows.
    Now, If Laugh Tale is the home to laughing people, you all know it could be the D.s' origin isle.
    Maybe this whole D-thing is nothing else but the shape of a grinning mouth, like in ":-D".
    but Elbaf is a play on words for Fable, backwards. I dont think theres any other hidden meaning or translation issue or romanced name. I believe Elbaf is still Elbaf based on Fables of Norse, Giants and etc.
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
    but Elbaf is a play on words for Fable, backwards. I dont think theres any other hidden meaning or translation issue or romanced name. I believe Elbaf is still Elbaf based on Fables of Norse, Giants and etc.
    Indeed, of Course. But Raftel backwards would be letfar (and by adding Oda's Humor it could be "Let's Fart").
    However, with Raftel being Laugh Tale and Dr. Hiluluk being Dr. Chirurg (german word for surgeon), there is a lot of Interpretation space for any Name like "Elbaf".

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Doesn't Raftel already count as confirmed to be D.s origin/Capital of ancient kingdom with all the Road Poneglyphs and the talk of God's Natural Enemy? Laugh Tale would of course fit very well into the D.s scheme. Never thought of the smiley before though. It's perfect.
    Let's put this "D = Smiling mouth" one step further: Doffy (being a former CD) didn't like the D. And what was his Jolly Roger? A crossed out Smiley face! Although he produced SMILES.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif

Laugh Tale is inspired by Shark Tale

Regarding the offpanelling of Big Mom vs Kaidou, I think its fair to be dissapointed, though not due to the lact of kewl strength feats. But because seeing their encounter would be an opportunity to showcase their characters, contrast their goals and beliefs, have their personalities bounce off each other and so on. This doesn't have to be achieved through fighting of course, and may still happen to some degree, but seeing any sort of interaction between them would be great... because frankly, Kaidou really REALLY needs it. In terms of OP villains he's extremely unengaging, and despite us being 45 chapters in he has barely felt like a presence in his own arc. Rather than seeing it as a wish for fighting for its own sake, I think its completely fair to expect some more time spent showcasing the main villain, rather than supporting character #44.

Honestly i'd be amused if there was nothing more to Kaido than his wish for his life to be less dull. I mean i'm sure that they'll do that mandatory deep dive into why he drinks and tries to kill himself all the time, but the shit i was bored excuse is quite literally unique in this realm of pity the monster backstories. Even the fact that he doesn't even bother to care for his kingdom on even a superficial level is just all kinds of amusing. He reminds me of that guy from house on the haunted hill who just shouts welp were dead and heads for the bar while the others search for a way out. Like totally disconnected from the everyday goals and reasonings of normal people

I'd be more pleased to see a Rocks flashback than an actual fight between Mom and Kaidou. Flashbacks always better than fights.
    The ultimate thing would be a fight within a flashback (Akainu vs Aokiji)!

BTW I feel you, Daz.
    We learnt more About Orochi's personality than About Kaidou's.

Well it better lead into something soon otherwise the encounter would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Regarding the offpanelling of Big Mom vs Kaidou, I think its fair to be dissapointed, though not due to the lact of kewl strength feats. But because seeing their encounter would be an opportunity to showcase their characters, contrast their goals and beliefs, have their personalities bounce off each other and so on. This doesn't have to be achieved through fighting of course, and may still happen to some degree, but seeing any sort of interaction between them would be great... because frankly, Kaidou really REALLY needs it. In terms of OP villains he's extremely unengaging, and despite us being 45 chapters in he has barely felt like a presence in his own arc. Rather than seeing it as a wish for fighting for its own sake, I think its completely fair to expect some more time spent showcasing the main villain, rather than supporting character #44.
    I'm sure we will see that exchange of goals and beliefs at one point, probably when they're tired of fighting and resort to binge-drinking and binge-eating. But the first encounter being a pure exchange of blows makes sense to me - and them throwing one-liners around while doing so would be kind of cheesy.
    Kaido and BM are defined by being the most powerful entities on the planet, characters with huge egos who rule with violence & fear first and foremost. Them talking about their feelings and beliefs right off the bat wouldn't feel right.

For now I consider it their way to show affection, like dogs chasing each other. Fighting is so much easier for those two than talking about the past and their feelings.

I mean I agree that we will need more of Kaido instead of sidecharacter number 44, but this wasn't the time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I'm sure we will see that exchange of goals and beliefs at one point, probably when they're tired of fighting and resort to binge-drinking and binge-eating. But the first encounter being a pure exchange of blows makes sense to me - and them throwing one-liners around while doing so would be kind of cheesy.
    Kaido and BM are defined by being the most powerful entities on the planet, characters with huge egos who rule with violence & fear first and foremost. Them talking about their feelings and beliefs right off the bat wouldn't feel right.

For now I consider it their way to show affection, like dogs chasing each other. Fighting is so much easier for those two than talking about the past and their feelings.

I mean I agree that we will need more of Kaido instead of sidecharacter number 44, but this wasn't the time for it.
    I have never put too much thought into the transition to their reminiscing of the past, but this stop to drink and eat would be really cool, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I have never put too much thought into the transition to their reminiscing of the past, but this stop to drink and eat would be really cool, lol.
    Imagine they fight for a whole week and then someone shows up saying ''Kaido-sama, the banquet for the fire festival is ready'' and Big Mom is like ''There's a banquet!? Why didn't you tell me!? What are we even doing here!?'' and Kaido just nods and says ''Yeah, let's get wasted like back in the day!'' Cue flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post

This is exactly how I see it. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from going to those two, only once they calm down and get bored of fighting is that it will be worthy focusing on them - something we knew they wouldn't be willing to do on the first moment since Kaido had long announced he would attack Linlin on sight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information