+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Felix' Art Thread

Default Felix' Art Thread

Hi guys, I've been lurking around this site for years now, but have finally decided to try and be a bit more active.
    To start it off I thought I shared some of the artwork stuff I am doing. Currently I am working a lot on fashion themed illustrations on Instagram, but I've done a few Fanarts here and there and am always trying to shake things up a bit and try out new stuf.

So without further ado, here's the one and only One Piece Fanart I have done so far (even though it's pretty much my favourite thing haha) – your friendly neighbourhood Dofla-Man:

I think it's around here that I first saw someone bring up the similarities between the two characters and it's really quite uncanny…
    Anyways this was the first full digital painting I did, with background and all, so this took me waay too long to finish. But I just had that idea stuck in my head and had to get it out haha.

Here are some of the fashion illustrations I mentioned earlier. I started doing them this season and have been focusing so far on the SS16 menswear collections.
    Spoiler:
    Topman Design (London)

Andrea Pompilio (Milano)

Haider Ackermann (Paris)

I hope you'll enjoy work. I'll be posting more soon :)

Default Re: Felix' Art Thread

Man, I love the lines and colors on all your stuff. Keep up the great work.

Also, the fashion illustrations still feel like they belong in a comic book. Hell, the Haider Ackermann one looks a bit like he's doing a Killing Joke homage.

Your art is really good! I love your color palettes but, most of all, how you play with dramatic lights and shadows. That´s something most fan artists I know don´t dare to try as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    Man, I love the lines and colors on all your stuff. Keep up the great work.

Also, the fashion illustrations still feel like they belong in a comic book. Hell, the Haider Ackermann one looks a bit like he's doing a Killing Joke homage.
    Heh great catch on the Killing Joke similarity. I totally had that picture up as reference the entire time I was drawing :)
    I'm really flattered you pointed out the comic booky look of the characters, because what I originally started out with was actually drawing comics!
    I haven't really had the time to work on any personal comic projects since I started college – I know that's the lamest excuse ever, but it's mostly true haha – so I started doing these fashion illustrations also because I wanted to continue developing a more personal drawing style for future works.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Your art is really good! I love your color palettes but, most of all, how you play with dramatic lights and shadows. That´s something most fan artists I know don´t dare to try as of yet.
    To be honest I actually feel a bit more comfortable defining hard and clear cut shadows than doing soft shading haha. I haven't really done much coloring before and only started doing digital artwork earlier this year so I am still kind of using the inking tactics I have been practicing on paper and trying to apply them to color and digital art. :)

Anyways thank you guys so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it :)

Great (kind of stubby) Spiderdoffy
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Thanks :) Yeah, I kind of struggled between giving him rather Doflamingo- or Spider-Man-esque proportions. So I kind of ended up with a mishmash of the two, because I also had to keep his leg inside the frame haha.

More Fashion Illustrations :)
    Spoiler:

Balmain (à la Mad-Max)

Burberry Prorsum

Craig Green

Gucci

Hood by Air

Quote Originally Posted by Sognatore View Post
    your friendly neighbourhood Dofla-Man:

I think it's around here that I first saw someone bring up the similarities between the two characters and it's really quite uncanny…
    Anyways this was the first full digital painting I did, with background and all, so this took me waay too long to finish. But I just had that idea stuck in my head and had to get it out haha
    haha I'm a bit late finding this... but just in time for awards ;)
    Its my fave art to be seen yet. Do you post at DevaintArt?

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    haha I'm a bit late finding this... but just in time for awards ;)
    Its my fave art to be seen yet. Do you post at DevaintArt?
    Thanks, I'm really glad you like it :) I have a DeviantArt page, but haven't really been updating it for a while… You can find most of my new work on my instagram page, though. The links are in my signature :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information