+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to post Gifs as your avatar profile?

Default How to post Gifs as your avatar profile?

This isn't something I normally do. But... How do I post Gifs as my avatar on both the PC and mobile? I tried to set it up like the pros. I try URLs. Nothing! Any advise?

Default Re: How to post Gifs as your avatar profile?

Sorry I can't help you about this, but if you post it in the Help Section at the bottom of the main page, you might get more help there.

16 characters of okay.

If you want to upload a gif, it needs to be from your computer, and it needs to be *tiny*, less than 97K. Which generally means nothing live action, and very few frames, no more than maybe 10 unless they're extremely similar or low quality.... and even then 4-5 is a much more reasonable range.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    If you want to upload a gif, it needs to be from your computer, and it needs to be *tiny*, less than 97K. Which generally means nothing live action, and very few frames, no more than maybe 10 unless they're extremely similar or low quality.... and even then 4-5 is a much more reasonable range.
    But some of them are animated gifs. Like cartoons and anime. How am I supposed to do that when I can even shrink some images? I'm on an iPhone. XD

Then ask nicely if someone can size a gif for you, and someone with photoshop or imageready might be willing to do that for you. I doubt you can do it from an iphone.

Otherwise you don't get to use them on this forum. We\re pretty strict on keeping general image sizes in avatar and sigs low so the forum is easier to load for everyone.0
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Then ask nicely if someone can size a gif for you, and someone with photoshop or imageready might be willing to do that for you. I doubt you can do it from an iphone.

Otherwise you don't get to use them on this forum. We\re pretty strict on keeping general image sizes in avatar and sigs low so the forum is easier to load for everyone.0
    16 characters of okay. I'll get my sisters Macintosh and show you the images I chose online. Be right back?

I need someone to shrink the image so that I'll look cool with a Pikachu by my side.
    Last edited by Nitwit; May 3rd, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

Yeah... don't do that. That picture is freaky.

Yeah... don't do that. That picture is freaky.
    But it's from YouTube. You can trust me right? I can't Photoshop for crap and I'm broke when it comes to money. Plus air guitar Pikachu is more original and awesome. Sorry if you don't like him that much? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    But it's from YouTube. You can trust me right? I can't Photoshop for crap and I'm broke when it comes to money. Plus air guitar Pikachu is more original and awesome. Sorry if you don't like him that much? :(
    You can use GIMP as a free alternative to Photoshop. It makes animated GIFs just fine (and you can optimize them in it too, which cuts down on the file size).

http://www.gimp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    You can use GIMP as a free alternative to Photoshop. It makes animated GIFs just fine (and you can optimize them in it too, which cuts down on the file size).

http://www.gimp.org/
    Thanks Cruithne!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Pikachu is fine. That particular image is freaky. Please don't use it.

Pikachu is fine. That particular image is freaky. Please don't use it.
    But that's the joke. Isn't this site like PG13 or something?

It is, but regardless of that, it's just freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    It is, but regardless of that, it's just freaky.
    It's not like I'll ever post rule 34 on this site and her my avatar? I'll get banned for that. This gif came from a YouTube video about Pokemon by some dude who created the Marvel vs Capcom videos. XD

My favorite video growing up and still is the best video of all time.
    Last edited by Nitwit; May 3rd, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information