View Poll Results: What should the theme be for December?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anything Goes Movie Month

    0 0%
  • Mystery Science Theater Movie Month

    2 33.33%
  • Kurt Russell Movie Month

    2 33.33%
  • TV Christmas Special Month

    4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 2119

Thread: Arlong Park Movie Nights

  1. #161
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Dammit guys I'm working on Saturday night.

    Everybody get up, it's time to slam now. We got a real jam going down..

    Haven't seen Space Jam in like a decade. (I have it on VHS!)
    Hidden:



  2. #162

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    ... to be honest the main trouble with a Gene Wilder theme month would be there are not enough Saturdays to view all the good ones!
    The most you could do is five.

    It'd be about as easy to do a Mel Brooks month though since three of Wilder's best films were with him.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  3. #163
    Trying Too Hard Below Average's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under a Rock Somewhere

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    ... to be honest the main trouble with a Gene Wilder theme month would be there are not enough Saturdays to view all the good ones!
    Well then we'll just have to have two Gene Wilder themed months, won't we? Eight straight weeks of his best films, each movie getting better than the last, all leading up to Young Frankenstein as the grand finale, each week will get Wilder and Wilder!

    Spoiler:
    Ugh, that joke was terrible. I'll be in the corner, thinking about what I've done.

  4. #164
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Below Average View Post
    Well then we'll just have to have two Gene Wilder themed months, won't we? Eight straight weeks of his best films, each movie getting better than the last, all leading up to Young Frankenstein as the grand finale, each week will get Wilder and Wilder!

    Spoiler:
    Ugh, that joke was terrible. I'll be in the corner, thinking about what I've done.
    No, well done. We like puns here. Pun away.
    Hidden:



  5. #165

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Nomination for third movie night... Snowpiercer.

    Sorry I missed this week, hoping it is early enough that my normal Saturday evening shenanigans don't overlap.

  6. #166

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Below Average View Post

    Also, movie night was great fun, Galaxy, I hope to join everyone for next week's.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I definitely enjoyed streaming it.

    On another note, one more nomination slot is open for week 3.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  7. #167

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Galaxy sure enjoyed the money he's getting from the subliminal messaging he put into the movie.

  8. #168

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Galaxy sure enjoyed the money he's getting from the subliminal messaging he put into the movie.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  9. #169
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    I swear to God, you guys make me watch Space Jam again, I will murder you all in your sleep!

    ...

    Please no Space Jam :(?

  10. #170

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I swear to God, you guys make me watch Space Jam again, I will murder you all in your sleep!

    ...

    Please no Space Jam :(?
    Don't you want to JAM?

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  11. #171
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    im nominating ishtar for week 3

  12. #172
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Don't you want to JAM?
    No >:(

  13. #173
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The most you could do is five.

    It'd be about as easy to do a Mel Brooks month though since three of Wilder's best films were with him.
    Too true Mel & Gene were one of the best comedy team ups in my childhood, I still love the films


    Quote Originally Posted by Below Average View Post
    Well then we'll just have to have two Gene Wilder themed months, won't we? Eight straight weeks of his best films, each movie getting better than the last, all leading up to Young Frankenstein as the grand finale, each week will get Wilder and Wilder!

    Spoiler:
    Ugh, that joke was terrible. I'll be in the corner, thinking about what I've done.
    No, the joke wasn't horrible, IF the pun got a laugh (and it did) then it did the job! (*and it did)

  14. #174
    Heart'n'Skull Nami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Can I get a pity vote for Guest House Paradiso?


    "Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

    Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

  15. #175

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Maybe a Robin Williams month ? Or this is too soon ?
    When AP used to be good:

    NEVER FORGET !!

  16. #176
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    NIC CAGE MONTH NIC CAGE MONTH NIC CAGE MONTH

    Also Tom Cruise Month

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also watching Gremlins right now. Way better than Zardoz. Movie is a bit dated especially in the beginning and the plot kinda makes no sense but it sure picks up when the Gremlins become...Gremlins and holy fuck, what the fuck is this?!? this is a kid's movie!?! talk about tonal whiplash AGHHHH

    So yeah, good movie...

  17. #177
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    Maybe a Robin Williams month ? Or this is too soon ?
    I could go for a Robin Williams month after a Gene Wilder month

  18. #178

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    I would definitely vote for a Robin Williams month.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  19. #179

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Also watching Gremlins right now. Way better than Zardoz. Movie is a bit dated especially in the beginning and the plot kinda makes no sense but it sure picks up when the Gremlins become...Gremlins and holy fuck, what the fuck is this?!? this is a kid's movie!?! talk about tonal whiplash AGHHHH
    You've heard about the original script where the mother gets decapitated and her head rolls down the stairs, right. But yeah, between that and Small Soldiers, Joe Dante can never seem to decide whether he wants to make a kids movie or a horror movie.

    Also, all this talk of Gene Wilder and not one mention of The Producers. I am disappointed.

    EDIT: Okay, Captain Ugly actually mentioned it. Thank you.

  20. #180

    Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    You've heard about the original script where the mother gets decapitated and her head rolls down the stairs, right. But yeah, between that and Small Soldiers, Joe Dante can never seem to decide whether he wants to make a kids movie or a horror movie.

    Also, all this talk of Gene Wilder and not one mention of The Producers. I am disappointed.

    EDIT: Okay, Captain Ugly actually mentioned it. Thank you.
    No problem, I really like musicals it's a shame that most people donīt like this genre.
    When AP used to be good:

    NEVER FORGET !!

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts