View Poll Results: What should the theme be for December?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anything Goes Movie Month

0 0%
  • Mystery Science Theater Movie Month

2 33.33%
  • Kurt Russell Movie Month

2 33.33%
  • TV Christmas Special Month

4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106
Results 2,101 to 2,114 of 2114

Thread: Arlong Park Movie Nights

Default Re: Arlong Park Movie Nights

Oh, and nominations for the December theme are now open.

Community Movie Nights - Come watch movies with other forum members! Every Saturday at 6 P.M. EST.
    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I nominate mystery science theater month.

I'll nominate Kurt Russell Movie Month

TV Christmas Special Month.
    Complicating things since 2009.

There's the poll. The nomination process is changing a bit, as a test. When we have a winner, the winning option will have nominations in the Discord at the movie start time.

Community Movie Nights - Come watch movies with other forum members! Every Saturday at 6 P.M. EST.
    AP Discord

TV Christmas Special Month has won.

https://discord.gg/R63V7Tx

Hop in the Discord to help decide the first special.

AP Discord

So I'm guessing this project is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So I'm guessing this project is dead?
    Considering the last few nights we did had zero attendance besides myself, I just assumed nobody was interested anymore.

Attendance has been 1-2 people for months though now, so it's probably best for it to go on hiatus for a while unless people really clamor for it.

AP Discord

Not knowing what film might be on which night made a big difference to me; I tend to be busy on Saturdays anyway but would make the effort to shift things around when I knew something I wanted to see and talk about was coming up.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Before and after that change it was the same people, and in the same numbers roughly every time. That change simply gave us the ability to watch things the people around wanted to see, instead of having pretty much three of us who showed up being forced to watch something we didn't want to watch.

Personally I just stopped showing up due to lack of interest in the themes chosen. Political movies didn't do much for me at a time when there was too much politics, and the interest in TV Christmas specials was even lower (not to mention traveling.)
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

What Noqanky said basically. There were several nights before the scheduling change was made that had either very low attendence or only me around for the movies that got 10+ votes in the monthly polls. That led to me thinking it was a better idea to live vote.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AP Discord

I couldn't make it much but when I did there was barely anyone there and I didn't see the point of watching a film talking to myself.

Yeah, for a while I enjoyed this project. Thought it would be a cool way to watch movies I've never seen or haven't seen in a long time, while chatting with everybody. But then I began to lose interest as less and less people showed up and I just became less willing to set aside time to watch the movies. Also, I wasn't a fan of Discord. It was really hard to arrange my windows so that I could chat and watch the movie at the same time (I only have one monitor)

Anyway, I just asked because I didn't know if we wanted to close and/or archive this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yeah, for a while I enjoyed this project. Thought it would be a cool way to watch movies I've never seen or haven't seen in a long time, while chatting with everybody. But then I began to lose interest as less and less people showed up and I just became less willing to set aside time to watch the movies. Also, I wasn't a fan of Discord. It was really hard to arrange my windows so that I could chat and watch the movie at the same time (I only have one monitor)

Anyway, I just asked because I didn't know if we wanted to close and/or archive this thread.
    at one point Gal started using rabbit, which has the screen and a chat to the side on the same window. That was nice when it happened, but by then activity was pretty low already.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information