+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minor movelist project: Rokushiki Nami

Default Minor movelist project: Rokushiki Nami

As much as I HATE Nami, I still have finally decided to take a shot at coming up with any techniques for her since I had people ask me in the past if I can do Rokushiki movelists for other SHs like I did with Robin, not to mention that I would love to see what kind of techniques can be created with the clima-tact if it was wielded by a master of Rokushiki and Haki, along with having some badass bo staff wielding bojutsu skills of Billy Kane (from fatal fury and king of fighters) and Kilik (from Soul Calibur), as well as amazing kali stick fighting skills.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...pVmr8kU_w4AVs/

As usual, I will be updating it every now and then. Help is appreciated as always! :)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Btw, if you guys want me to do rough sketches for this project as well, let me know. ;)
    Last edited by joesephes; January 14th, 2015 at 04:47 PM.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/4/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Default Re: Minor movelist project: Rokushiki Nami

UPDATE 4/7/16:

Hey guys!

After seeing Nami's upgraded Sorcery Clima-tact in chapter 822, I finally felt the urge to get up off my lazy ass and update the project with some new stuff, mainly Icon Indicators which I should have added a long time ago but like I said, I was lazy. XD

Anyway, here are the indicators:

(H) = Can be used with Busoshoku Haki
    (HO)= Can only be used with Busoshoku Haki (or requires Busoshoku Haki to use)
    (CT) = Requires the Clima-tact to use or Can be optionally utilized with Clima-tact.
    (PCT) = Requires the Perfect Clima-tact to use or Can be optionally utilized with Perfect Clima-tact.
    (SCT) = Requires the Sorcery Clima-tact to use or Can be optionally utilized with Sorcery Clima-tact.
    (NSCT) = Requires the New Sorcery Clima-tact to use or Can be optionally utilized with New Sorcery Clima-tact.
    (ACT) = Can be utilized with all versions of the Clima-tact.
    Last edited by joesephes; April 8th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

After over a year, I FINALLY have an update on the Rokushiki Nami project!! :D

Remember TehCrayz , the artist who made this awesome sketch of Nico Robin using Shin Shigan (an attack straight out of my Rokushiki Robin project)? Well during a recent couple of livestream sessions, as a request, he drew me another awesome sketch, this time of Nami using a technique out of my Rokushiki Nami project, a technique that is a variation of the Shigan Q technique used by Kumadori, However, this variation in particular revolves around Nami using her Clima-tact (either the perfect Clima-tact or the first Sorcery Clima-tact) instead of a regular staff and uses it's Thunder ball/egg to electrocute him from the inside. As for the name of this attack, it's called the Shigan Q "Niabu Iru" (Finger gun Cue "Inner Fry")!

Anyway, it all started when a few minutes before the stream began, I showed him an old incomplete sketch that I've made over a year ago or so:

However, during the stream, he was having trouble with the pose so I drew him a brand new rough sketch pose just for him which was a great help:

And in about a couple of hours total (and two livestream sessions due to constant technical difficulties on his end, one a few days ago and one yesterday), he finally finished it and it came out looking like this:

Spoiler:

Looks pretty damn awesome, huh? Honestly, I'm quite happy with how it turned out! :thumbsup:

So what other techniques in the movelist do you guys want to see drawn next (wither by me or other artists including TehCrayz)? :)
    Last edited by joesephes; August 15th, 2017 at 07:16 AM.

Minor update:

The source to the Nami sketch was broken so I had to change it. It's fixed now! :)

I find it interesting that you hate her

Nami is my favorite character on top with Luffy, and I adore her.

I think that she is very strong emotionally and since she is a regular normal woman, she has to rely on her intelligence to get ahead and that's what makes her so amazing to me, she is thrievign and surviving in a world were enemies have absurd over the top abilities and powers.

However, I kinda dislike the fanservice treatment she has been having on the later years, but that's not her character's fault, its just marchandise and Oda becoming somewhat pervy.

Yes she is greedy b*tch but she can ALSO be just as selfless as she didn't doubt to let go of the Thriller Bark threasure to save Keimi, not even for a second.

Her temperament with Luffy, well, he has it well deserved, I think I would feel like her being in the same position and being a "normal" human. And well, lets face it, she has become much more complacient with him after the time skip.

I think its nice that you decided to develop a fighting technique for her, but I don't think she needs it, she is cunning and very smart, and those are her strenghts and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    I find it interesting that you hate her

Nami is my favorite character on top with Luffy, and I adore her.

I think that she is very strong emotionally and since she is a regular normal woman, she has to rely on her intelligence to get ahead and that's what makes her so amazing to me, she is thrievign and surviving in a world were enemies have absurd over the top abilities and powers.

However, I kinda dislike the fanservice treatment she has been having on the later years, but that's not her character's fault, its just marchandise and Oda becoming somewhat pervy.

Yes she is greedy b*tch but she can ALSO be just as selfless as she didn't doubt to let go of the Thriller Bark threasure to save Keimi, not even for a second.

Her temperament with Luffy, well, he has it well deserved, I think I would feel like her being in the same position and being a "normal" human. And well, lets face it, she has become much more complacient with him after the time skip.

I think its nice that you decided to develop a fighting technique for her, but I don't think she needs it, she is cunning and very smart, and those are her strenghts and weapons.
    You're argument would be very valid if the project was about why Nami should learn Rokushiki in the series and what techniques would fit her character, which it's actually not.....at all. In fact, I never did say that it was about that. The project is really just about what kind of (and how many) techniques can be created with all four versions of her Clima-tact, especially with thier unique functions and abilities, along with creating Rokushiki variants of staff wielding techniques for the fun of it. :D

Also, while it is true that I hate her, I do acknowledge her accomplishments in the series and the good things about her character, not to mention that the way she used her Clima-tact is pretty damn awesome (which I find the only thing cool about her besides just her looks imo). It's just that she's the kind of character that doesn't interest me much.

Believe me, if the project was about what fits Nami the character, you can bet that most of the techniqes in the movelist wouldn't be in there right now. XD
    Last edited by joesephes; August 15th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information