+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Music in 2015

Default Re: Music in 2015

Hey you! Let's party!

Oooh, nice! Wasn't so impressed with their last album, but they are just one of the most fun and energetic bands to see live and I can't wait for them to tour again.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Yeah I liked Black Future more but that one riff on Tetrastructural Minds is pretty great
    Hey you! Let's party!

ADULT SWIM SINGLES 2015 - 19 TRACKS!!!!!

get hyped

I hope this makes up for the disappointments that were 2013/2014

Owen Pallett, Thou, Shabazz Palaces, Flying Lotus and Run The Jewels are all valid reasons to get hyped.

Right now, there are only three albums hard marked on my radar for the remainder of the year: The new Matthew Sweet kickstarter album, Tom Petty's "Wildflowers - All The Rest" and the new Metric album "Pagans in Vegas". Anything else will be gravy!

New Sun Kil Moon album was decent. Though I think it is more listenable than Benji since it's not entirely about people dying and musing over your eventual mortality.

At first, I wasn't so keen on the new Failure, but by the end of the album I'm in love. I am so happy that they are still this strong after almost a decade's absence. I may have only discovered the band about a year or so ago, but they've risen to be a favorite of mine and this album does them justice. The songs might not be as memorable hits as the tracks on Fantastic Planet, but the mood is just so good. I'll have to give this a few more spins to know where I really stand, but my feeling is that it just has a weak start and grows strong throughout.

Just wanted to mention that Wilco released a surprise new album, simply titled "Star Wars", that's free for download on their site.

http://wilcoworld.net/splash-star-wars-links/

Well all of Ghost's new album has now been uploaded to youtube and I have to say that I love it.

Not as weird and varied as Infestissumam, and not as straightforward as Opus Eponymous.

Although the major highlights for me are still 2 of the previously leaked songs, Cirice and Absolution.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Miley Cyrus drops psych(o) album outta the blue because hey why not?

http://www.mileycyrus.com/andherdeadpetz

Random reflections on 2015:

- I don't care if it was inescapable for the first two months or if it's a rip off the Time, "Uptown Funk" still JAMS
    - That Courtney Barnett album was totes worth the hype. Funnily enough I enjoy that LP more than some of the bands she takes influence from *cough* Pavement *cough*
    - Ditto hype fulfillment for Kendrick Lamar
    - Even 10+ years into their career it still bears repeating that the Go! Team need more love..
    - That Surf Experiment album has finally got me on board Chance Hype Train Express.
    - I remind myself that I need to get around to the discographies of Mountain Goats (sorry Wags :<), Joanna Newsom and Sufjan Stevens so I can finally get to their respective efforts this year.
    - Random LP to plug on my end: Blackalicious' IMANI vol. 1
    - That Macklemore song was... uh... something (also I liked it >3>)
    - ASS (Adult Swim Singles) watch: WOKE track was dope. Chromatics track was lovely. Uh, all I can gather for now.
    - Also to get around to: Sleater-Kinney, Miguel, Julia Holter, Four Tet, the Undertale and LISA soundtracks... uh that Jamie xx album? Last one's got divided responses from my music nerd friends so I dunno. Everything I've heard about Deerhunter's latest effort indicates cheeseball levels so I'm staying put with Monomania atm tyvm. Frankly I think Kamasi Washington's Epic looks boring (divided friend responses again too), also I'm totally not fit for the jazz world yet.
    - Kanye and Frank Ocean please put out new albums a la Azealia Banks and D'Angelo last year so I can see the critics' heads explode.

I enjoyed Courtney Barnett's album but the more I listen to it the lower it gets in how I rate it really. It's got some really great songs on it though

Mountain Goat's new album too was kind of disappointing but I think it was better than their/his last couple albums.

Sufjan's album was pretty good but I think it's overrated and hope he doesn't stick to the soft folk stuff for a new album.

Was pleasantly surprised by S-K's new album because comeback albums are almost never good but it was solid. Still not really that high on my list though. Holter's album was pretty good too though kind of different from her past stuff.

Haven't listened to Jamie XX's album but I do like that song with Young Thug on it. Wasn't that crazy about Loud Places though.

Bjork's and mewithoutYou's new albums were both phenomenal. Don't think I can pick between them as they're so different. mewithoutYou might be one of the most consistent bands I've ever listened to quality wise. They had a drop with It's All Crazy!, though that was also a completely different genre, but pretty much everything they've put out is really good. Pale Horses might be their best album but I'm not ready to say that yet. Wasn't really expecting much from Bjork but not only was the new album good but it was really really good.

Nena's new album was pretty good and I'm surprised that, at least in my opinion, she's still putting out good stuff. River City Extension continues to be pretty consistent.

The Pop Group is the same as S-K for me, a comeback album that is surprisingly good. US Girls' album was something I kind of listened to out of nowhere and it was nice.

Sun Kil Moon released yet another album, right after Benji too. I think I like it more than Benji. It's not as depressing I felt.

Also I just saw that I listened to an Indian classical album from this year. It was really good. Debashish Bhattacharya - Slide Guitar Ragas From Dusk Til Dawn.

Murder By Death's new album was an incredible disappointment. B&S's album was better than I was expecting it to be from the singles. Lady Lamb's album was fine, as was FFS. Baio's debut (I think) was pretty good. Discovered Diet Cig, who released their first EP this year, hopefully they release an album at some point soon. Been looking forward to whatever Lin Manuel Miranda was going to release to do with Alexander Hamilton and the Broadway album was great I thought. Worth the wait.

Listened to various other stuff too that might have been good but was unremarkable.

Default PSY is Back!

His new single is called Daddy, and as of this post it has racked 13,000,000 views after one day on the internet. After listening to this one I do have to say it is pretty catchy, pretty corny, and I definitely like it. In my opinion it is probably my favorite PSY song after Gangnam Style. And some great cameos in there from K-pop figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg

I hope Bjork wins the alternative album Grammy. St. Vincent winning last year was only the second woman to win that category and it would be cool to have two women in a row. That and it's at least tied for my album of the year.

I'm just here for the album art... jk the songs are cool too.

Hey you! Let's party!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information