+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2160

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I did it. I actually looked up real modern day pirates. The best thing to do would be to interview an imprisoned pirate because the ones that are free, are just vicious. According to the CTF 150, piracy in the Indian Ocean has dropped by almost 90% since 2012. They're doing at better job than their fictional counterparts.
    STFU finally.

Holy shit

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    STFU finally.

Holy shit
    *sheepishly upvotes*

Modern pirates aren't as famous as the old ones. Especially the ones that Oda (not confirmed) drew from. I've seen theories, but not any interviews where he confirms his characters were inspired by real life pirates from history. Blackbeard might be the only confirmed one

Modern pirates aren't as famous as the old ones. Especially the ones that Oda (not confirmed) drew from. I've seen theories, but not any interviews where he confirms his characters were inspired by real life pirates from history. Blackbeard might be the only confirmed one
    It'd be hard to believe they weren't, but I would look forward to an interview where he talks about all the actual pirates he's inspired from. So many characters are named after famous pirates too, so it'd be a weird coincidence if it wasn't on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It'd be hard to believe they weren't, but I would look forward to an interview where he talks about all the actual pirates he's inspired from. So many characters are named after famous pirates too, so it'd be a weird coincidence if it wasn't on purpose.
    Interviewers are more worried about the completion status and the SBS questions are about helping in the bathhouse. Doubt these kind of questions come up more

SBS 52 confirms all the real life pirate inspirations of the Supernovas.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

This fictional depiction isn't too far away from most pirates. Great interview question would be if Oda seen this film

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    SBS 52 confirms all the real life pirate inspirations of the Supernovas.
    Outside of Killer, yeah

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    STFU finally.

Holy shit
    If I reciprocate your energy, i'd be "out of line". You and others that are harping on a 2 day old convo aren't "out of line" for some reason tho. This is the 3rd time @wolfwood has targeted me with this and ignored others. It reminds me of OJ mods before it got shut down. I'll continue to not indulge in whatever you want me to partake in and stay on topic. Just wanted to make note of this.

What is even the topic? That Oda hasn't confirmed he named some characters after famous pirates? What's even the discussion here I don't even
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    What is even the topic? That Oda hasn't confirmed he named some characters after famous pirates? What's even the discussion here I don't even
    Cannon brought me up to speed with some confirmed, but i'd prefer more confirmations for character inspirations from Oda. Instead of completion status and bathhouse questions

Before that, it was a want for Oda to interview a pirate based on this ninja reacting to Naruto and what he sees as inaccuracies

I
    nstead of reacting to a 2 day old convo, you actually asked what was the convo about, unlike someone else. I think some people see a username and just react out of bitterness for no reason
    Last edited by Cockycent; October 6th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

How can he be a real life ninja if we can see his face and know his name?

Cannon brought me up to speed with some confirmed, but i'd prefer more confirmations for character inspirations from Oda. Instead of completion status and bathhouse questions

Before that, it was a want for Oda to interview a pirate based on this ninja reacting to Naruto and what he sees as inaccuracies

I
    nstead of reacting to a 2 day old convo, you actually asked what was the convo about, unlike someone else. I think some people see a username and just react out of bitterness for no reason
    See, you could've shared this video in the first place. You just started posting about "real ninjas". Maybe it was less about bitterness instead of people having no context of what you were talking about. I certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    See, you could've shared this video in the first place. You just started posting about "real ninjas". Maybe it was less about bitterness instead of people having no context of what you were talking about. I certainly didn't.
    My very first sentence contains "Now that i've seen a real ninja react to Naruto and it's inaccuracies". My message is unedited. What are you saying? You come off as an apologist or someone that is also bitter and trying to rework what happened to make an incorrect point.

You can cape or apologize for the unnecessary reaction, but I articulated myself and someone was bitter enough to give off energy based on an interaction that they weren't part of. If he didn't understand what I was saying, he could've easily ignored or asked what this was about like @felres did. Instead, he saw my pfp and/or username and reacted in a weird way.

I don't know if it's the lack of reading comprehension or the tl:dr generation. Either way, they were "out of line" and there's a consistent pattern here where Wolfwod either says "I didn't see it" or "so what, it's not the same". This is almost identical to the end of OJ. If I would have continued that 3 day old convo, it would be considered "out of line", but the other individual that tries to rehash a convo that he wasn't part of due to not reading is justified by you and others.

A video doesn't change the context of what I stated in my very 1st sentence.

A video doesn't change the context of what I stated in my very 1st sentence.
    My dude, the video you posted provides the context to your very first sentence. That's all I was saying.
    Last edited by nobody; October 8th, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    My dude, the video you posted provides the context to your very first sentence.
    So the difference stops someone from saying "STFU finally. Holy shit". Keep in mind, this is what you're justifying. Someone being hostile over a want for an interview.

Should I go from thread to thread saying STFU to people, so you can justify it for me?

Whatever, dude. Bye, have a nice day. I'm not going to derail this thread any further than it already is.

Glad you realized what you were defending

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Im trying to find english translation of Nikkan One Piece Shinbun 2012 interview with Oda, but have only come acrosd a french translation so far,
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160316...r-de-one-piece

Anybody knows if it was translated to english?
    Anyone? Felt like my post got away because of all this irrelevant off topic stuff some of you are discussing in the thread about Odas interviews. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Anyone? Felt like my post got away because of all this irrelevant off topic stuff some of you are discussing in the thread about Odas interviews. Lol
    I can translate it later if you want. Could always use some practice.
    But overall is a simple movie hype interview. How much were you involved, how was it working with the director, what do you think about the song, those kind of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    I can translate it later if you want. Could always use some practice.
    But overall is a simple movie hype interview. How much were you involved, how was it working with the director, what do you think about the song, those kind of questions.
    Yeah, thats what I gathered from the google translation.
    No need to translate it, but thanks anyway! Just finding it odd there isnt any translation of it in the links on the first page.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information