+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a giant?

Default What is a giant?

This has been on my mind for a while and maybe this warrants a thread. I know the question is a bit obvious "No shit its a really big human" but I'm starting to think things might be more complex than that seeing as how there are actual humans that are over 20 feet tall and giants who look to be a little taller than Doflamingo. There are also different from different places, for example all the viking inspired giants come from Elbalf but seem to be the most unrefined as oppose to wherever Saul is from. I'm thinking there's a biological difference but due to what we'eve seen so far giants don't really have anything special about them. Again yeah the size can be seen as a special trait but like a said there can be really "small" giants and yet really big humans so I ask again, and I hope I'm coming in clear : What is a giant?

Apologies if this thread is looked upon unfavorably, but I'm not trolling I'm very serious. Even though that sounded like a troll statment, i assure you I'm serious.
    Last edited by Superbear24; December 9th, 2014 at 08:18 PM.

Default Re: What is a giant?

For future reference
    Spoiler:

Going to sleep now though, but this seems like an interesting topic

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    For future reference

Yeah I know about the engineering of giants that CC was doing but what separates that from people who are just huge, like Kuma.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    For future reference

Uh, Whitebeard was already huge way before needing that medicine.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Giants are a race in one piece that live longer than humans unlike in the real world where they're just very tall people however you have characters like Oars,Oars jr and that big guy from Blackbeards crew that make even giants look small they are from Elbaf and some other unknown islands a basic list of them can be found from the link below .
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Giant

The tall people you could say just have a past relative that was a giant making them taller than normal but not a true giant because whitebeard actually had a fight with a giant in marineford and you can see a big size difference.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Uh, Whitebeard was already huge way before needing that medicine.
    People also already saw that symbol and said that Doflamingo was poisoning Whitebeard which is why he was weaker during the war.
    Last edited by hover; December 9th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    People also already saw that symbol and said that Doflamingo was poisoning Whitebeard which is why he was weaker during the war.
    I thought it was obvious that was his age, which several characters even commented on.

The generic smile symbol on One Piece is the symbol of dead and giantification. Truth!

I'm not sure about giants in general but Oars's whole line seems to have started artificially judging by Law's words and thoughts on the subject. Not to mention the other Oars like skull that was found on Punk Hazard. Zombie Oars might have been a normal human or giant and then experimented on that made him as big as he was. Later I just assumed he passed on those artificial genes to his children. Oars size giants don't seem like a natural thing at all in the One piece world. San Juan Wolf however I have no comment on yet.

As far as the big people like Neptune, Shirahoshi and White Beard, I guess they are just big and that's that. More or less what Chopper said on the subject. While I don't think more will come of it later I won't write it off completely.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

The admirals are big as well and the size difference is most likely to make them stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I thought it was obvious that was his age, which several characters even commented on.
    Whitebeard was most likely not sick in his young age as well because no tubes up his nose unlike when he was older which means they could also be talking about that as well also he could have had the same disease that Gol d roger had as well by getting it from Roger when they were fighting which is why he was taking stuff to stay alive so that his name would protect those islands however Luffy might also get this disease but Chopper will cure him because of his dream.

Heaps of old people in One piece so it was more than just being old and he was sick as well so it's true that it was more than his age also getting to slowly poison a yonkou over time to weaken them and take them down (Doflamingo wants to destroy the world so taking the yonkou out would put the new world into chaos like we saw after the war) and Doflamingo most likely has a way of controlling the smile fruit users because he likes to pull the strings.

like king cannon already said Whitebeard was big even before he was sick and taking it to try and live so that he could train a replacement yonkou which was Ace but Blackbeard did it instead but he still got stronger under Whitebeard by getting the darkness fruit by hanging around for 20 years.

old whitebeard vs young whitebeard

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

The tall people you could say just have a past relative that was a giant making them taller than normal
    If it started with just giants and normal humans, how would any of them have had sex? If the giant was a father, the penis would be as big as the mother; if the giant was the mother, the whole father would've had to have crawled in and... yeah I don't think that'd work, lol
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    If it started with just giants and normal humans, how would any of them have had sex? If the giant was a father, the penis would be as big as the mother; if the giant was the mother, the whole father would've had to have crawled in and... yeah I don't think that'd work, lol
    Seriously don't ever question one piece logic.

One of Doflamingo crewmate is half merman half human, how is that even possible? Maybe crossbreeding works on every livingthing in one piece. By that I mean, you can take a sperm of a male fish and put it in human female and poof female human is pregnant.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Well we have fishman and giant hybrids so they could have went inside when the female giant was in water having fun or a mermaid could have gone inside when the male giant was taking a piss when he was in the water because some small fish have done that in the real world but then they got trapped and had to be removed by a doctor and we know that humans have done it with merfolk and fishman lol.
    I'm sure that's exactly what Oda had in mind... :P
    Totally not just genetically different-sized humans or anything, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear24 View Post
    There are also different from different places, for example all the viking inspired giants come from Elbalf but seem to be the most unrefined as oppose to wherever Saul is from. I'm thinking there's a biological difference but due to what we'eve seen so far giants don't really have anything special about them.
    They're just different cultures of giants. Maybe they look a little different, but that's no different from humans from different geographic places. They're both giants.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Us Homo Sapiens bred with other humanish species like Neanderthals, anyone who isn't 100% African has Neanderthal DNA in them, not a lot but it's there.
    I think I even read that we owe them diabetes lol.

So yeah, irl breeding between human like species was possible and worked out fine. So why not the human like species in One Piece? Yeah sure it's strange to imagine the sex, but the giant female and human male...uh would work out...just awkwardly lol.

But for real though, we already have evidence of this with the Wotans. Fishmen and Giants can breed. So there's really no reason to question humans and giants breeding.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_RITUAL View Post
    Seriously don't ever question one piece logic.

One of Doflamingo crewmate is half merman half human, how is that even possible? Maybe crossbreeding works on every livingthing in one piece. By that I mean, you can take a sperm of a male fish and put it in human female and poof female human is pregnant.
    Like I said dude, actual different species of humanoid creatures interbred and it worked out irl. Unless you're allllll African you yourself contain the evidence within you. As do I.

Didn't Gantz already show us how a human would have sex with a giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Didn't Gantz already show us how a human would have sex with a giant?
    I dunno, but it did show us how shitty and shallow Seinen manga can be lol.

I'm far from sold on deadly-uncomfortable-regular-human-with-regular-giant-sex being what Oda had in mind over just genetically different sized humans :P

I'm far from sold on deadly-uncomfortable-regular-human-with-regular-giant-sex being what Oda had in mind over just genetically different sized humans :P
    Again, Wotan .

It's not like some way out there concept for kid's fantasy series, Harry Potter had giant-human crossbreeds too!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Again, Wotan .
    ...are neither regular human nor regular giant

...are neither regular human nor regular giant
    They are produced from fishman (sometimes human sized) and giant relations.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    They are produced from fishmen and giant relations.
    Again, no regular human involved in that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information