+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

Default Overwatch

A new IP from Blizzard, the first one in 17 years. I really admire the personality and passion this brings to the table.
    This game was just announced today at BlizzCon
    http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

The Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dushZybUYnM
    Last edited by jonnyboy0079; November 7th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

3ds: Jonnyboy0079 0001-3313-0073
    US Battle.Net Real ID: JonnyBoy#1119

Default Re: Overwatch

Blizzard: Hey guys we made a first person moba!
    Gearbox: WTF!?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I can't watch the videos right now but the site's descriptions make it sound like TF2 with more complex MOBA-inspired abilities. Potentially great.

Character designs are cheesy as hell, though. The Reaper looks more like something from 1994 than 2014.

Looks kinda wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    Blizzard: Hey guys we made a first person moba!
    Gearbox: WTF!?
    They won't make Starcraft Ghost but they'll give us this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They won't make Starcraft Ghost but they'll give us this.
    Starcraft Ghost was meant to be a single player console game - then Blizzard was bought by Activision who politely reminded Blizzard that they don't make single player games anymore they make franchises that are esport multiplayer with a regular income structure.

This game looks fun - but I just get the feeling Blizzard has lost some of its soul the games feel and look like people who want to make things more fun but have a weight dragging them down requiring them to ensure what they make is able to produce income.

Hearthstone from all accounts is an anomoly since it was made by a small team and then given massive backing once they found they could sell card packs
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

I feel this game shows a lot of promise, also its not too violent that my lil ones can pick up n play. After watching the trailer it reminded them of the Incredibles, I see a good appeal for this if marketed right, and if of course the gameplay is approachable and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy0079 View Post
    I feel this game shows a lot of promise, also its not too violent that my lil ones can pick up n play. After watching the trailer it reminded them of the Incredibles, I see a good appeal for this if marketed right, and if of course the gameplay is approachable and fun.
    Blood and headshots aren't violent? dont confuse the artstyle with it not being violent, I dont get why people seeing the kids at the museum makes them say its a game suitable for kids...Anyway I saw it live at blizzcon love the artstyle and gameplay seems fun, Im not much of an FPS player(used to play a lot Unreal Tournament years ago) but when they are a little different I can enjoy them, like TF and this kinda reminds me of that but looks more polished and I like the art more, looking forward to it hope its a success.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I certainly wasn't expecting this to come out of Blizzcon.

Signed myself up for the beta, and really hoping I get in at some point... because this looks awesome.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Starcraft Ghost was meant to be a single player console game - then Blizzard was bought by Activision who politely reminded Blizzard that they don't make single player games anymore they make franchises that are esport multiplayer with a regular income structure.

This game looks fun - but I just get the feeling Blizzard has lost some of its soul the games feel and look like people who want to make things more fun but have a weight dragging them down requiring them to ensure what they make is able to produce income.

Hearthstone from all accounts is an anomoly since it was made by a small team and then given massive backing once they found they could sell card packs
    There is no proof of anything that you said. Even in beta Blizzard explained that they would be selling card packs for Hearthstone and the development team is nowhere near MASSIVE. You have absolutely no idea what kind of impact Activision has had on Blizzard outside of whatever conspiracy you and the rest of the internet have come up with in your mind.

"lost some of it's soul" my eyes can't roll far enough

Anyway this looks great. I love TF2 and i love MOBAs. I can't wait to play it.

I know from past experiences that I'm not going to actually play this game, but I really dig the character designs and overall aesthetics.

I wish the west could push out fighting games with this kind of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    There is no proof of anything that you said. Even in beta Blizzard explained that they would be selling card packs for Hearthstone and the development team is nowhere near MASSIVE. You have absolutely no idea what kind of impact Activision has had on Blizzard outside of whatever conspiracy you and the rest of the internet have come up with in your mind.

"lost some of it's soul" my eyes can't roll far enough

Anyway this looks great. I love TF2 and i love MOBAs. I can't wait to play it.
    Granted most of what I said was tongue in cheek.

But you know what - it doesn't matter in the end what any of us think - WOW's numbers are declining which is to be expected after this long - They're expanding heavily into the micro-transaction area of gaming and haven't made a pure solo play game in decades. A lot of the core team - or members who were part of the explosion of WOW's popularity have departed to focus their efforts elsewhere.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Granted most of what I said was tongue in cheek.

But you know what - it doesn't matter in the end what any of us think - WOW's numbers are declining which is to be expected after this long - They're expanding heavily into the micro-transaction area of gaming and haven't made a pure solo play game in decades. A lot of the core team - or members who were part of the explosion of WOW's popularity have departed to focus their efforts elsewhere.
    Not really. WoW's subs are still staying 7-9 million (Higher at the start of a expansion), granted there was a time when they had over 12 million, but they are still two or three times as big as other mmo's. That's insanely good for any game let alone a sub based one.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Looks amazing <3
    Apparently this is the remnants of Titan?
    So this has technically been years in the making.

I am so onboard for playing as Mercy.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

A fun multiplayer shooter with cool characters? Why not.^^

Winston and Reinhardt are totally for me! I'm about the tank life. WHat are you guys lookin' to play as :0

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

We've got 2 newly revealed characters and a new area.

Man, I wish this wasn't an FPS, I'd be all over it!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I like that Mcgree fella.
    Remembers me Red Steel 2.

Last edited by y2kyle89; March 6th, 2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: He's a popular TF2 player, if you don't know who he is
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information