+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

They mixed in the BGM the main theme and Pride of the Nameless Hunter, and the victory bgm is a tease for Iceborne. An all around fantastic sendoff before the expansion drops.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/st...82006060609537
    https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/st...82258075508736
    https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/st...44142184153088
    https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/st...45401167454210

Capcom has started showing the new inputs for each weapon that will be added to our moveset in the upcoming expansion.

As a LS main, this makes me moist. These improvements will make our hunts all the more exciting.

Universing Misunderstandal

Intense Tigrex vs. Odogaron action.
    Grammeowscular Chef confirmed as instructor to Meowscular Chef.
    Why you gotta start off in the Elder's Recess Velkhana?
    Guess it's the best way for it to get some turf wars... but it feels weird given its icy disposition.

bah, got beaten to the punch.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

The Legiana shown in the trailer is an extreme variant known as Shrieking Legiana. It's actually the true manifestation of this monster after it migrates to the Hoarfrost Reach.

Also, Glavenus teased at the end of the video. I fucking love that.

I just watched the trailer at my job with the sound off and it reminded me how much I hate the dang on Handler.

The new renders for Tigrex and the extreme variant of Legiana.

Spoiler:

The hype is very real. I know what I'm going to be doing all of September. Just give us all the crazy monsters. Glavenus is ridiculous lol. I remember the subspecies for it had some insane gear but it was hard to farm because you had to level up the quest or something like that?

Vanilla Glavenus isn't as fast but let's see if it gets a new move or two in Iceborne.

https://i.redd.it/cj97pz5etjy21.jpg

This seemed just the anniversary artwork. But now is starting to look like some major tease for what's coming as well.

I guess we won't be getting a new "rig" or model, but all of the same.. category I guess? As in wyvern/tyrant/lizard/fishlike/elder.

Well, each elder has been unique even if they are the 4legs 2wings same model. (Or horse, turtle island or golden lizard)

I might go back to this.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    Why you gotta start off in the Elder's Recess Velkhana?
    Guess it's the best way for it to get some turf wars... but it feels weird given its icy disposition.
    And that's whatshould terrify you the most. A region with harsh climates and volcanic underground gallery, yet this fucker just coats itself with a sturdy and sharp ice armor with utmost ease. That means Velkhana harnesses complete control over the element.

There are two different skeletons for the quadruped-winged Elder Drags in this game, being the Gore skeleton (Xeno'Jiva, Nergigante, Behemoth), and the Kushala skeleton (Teostra, Lunastra, Velkhana).
    Then Kirin has the Kelbi model, Zorah struts with the Lao Shan skeleton, and the mighty Jagras/Girros/Dodogama variant of the Fanged Wyverns is bestowed to Kulve Taroth.

What is interesting is that the monsters that share skeletons share similar weakness chart artwork, often with detail changes for things like Kulve Taroth's head compared to Great Jagras.
    Knowing that, I wonder how the Tigrex/Nargacuga weakness charts will compare to the other Flying Wyverns...

If we get any Fanged Beasts or Neopterons, that'd be so hype (Queen Seltas for Coral Highlands?).
    Always thought that the spider egg looking clusters down by Vaal Hazak's nest signify that Nerscylla or a Temnoceran relative was meant to roam the Vale, but it'd have a very different moveset unless we got a map variant or it set up web platforms itself.

@Nekketsu
    That ice attack where Velkhana makes a grid of ice columns just by breathing on the ground might be a bit awkward if we're standing in the lava.
    It could be like Lunastra where there are some parts of the map where she will not go even with the Challenger Mantle to bait her.
    Last edited by F13rC Pulse; June 5th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund

Let's talk about new Legiana. The website categoryzes it under the label "extreme variant", this to me sounds very similar to the deviants from Gen/GU. I guess in that case we can expect Odogaron, Anjanath and all the species introduced in World will also get one.

Dunno what that would mean for Diablos and Rathalos, but if they bring Bloodbath Diablos I swear I'm probably going to break my controller in two halves.

I was reading Youtube comments on the full Tigrex and Odogaron turf war, and one of them proposed an amusing scenario:
    Tigrex vs Diablos, where Diablos burrows underground but gets screamed out by Tigrex's powerful roar.

Makes me wonder how many locations you can find each of these returning mons in, since we do know at least Tigrex will also pop up in the Hoarfrost Reach.
    I suspect if he has a turf war with Radobaan, it'll look similar to what he'll do to Banboro.

@Nekketsu
    https://www.monsterhunter.com/world-...ne/us/monster/
    This page describes Shrieking Legiana plainly as a variant.
    Typically deviants have the token battle damage from previous fights with hunters which change a part of their appearance, on top of having heavily adjusted moves that make use of those features.
    Last edited by F13rC Pulse; June 7th, 2019 at 08:45 PM.
    What's in a name?

The Iceborne beta launches today for those who own a PS subscription. Have fun, guys!

I don't know you, but is difficult to contain the hype with teasers like that.

Hands down my favorite Elder Dragon design. Feast your eyes over this majestic lovecraftian sea dragon.

It feels good to be a Monster Hunter fan right now. I'm going off the grid come September 6th.

My Charge Axe is ready! Damn, can we even call this a "expansion" anymore, the sheer amount of new content is truly outstanding.

Also, that area the Zinogre is in is not the ancient forest.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information