+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Also, I know he's based off Kintaro and all, but I just can't take him seriously, since he looks like a big, fat baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Those titles make his presence in Sabaody all the more noticably bland.
    I literally thought the same after i checked his wiki page out of curiosity... From Vegapunks Bodyguard and in command of the Marine Science Unit to marine officer on Sabaody... but nonetheless i think we will see him in that Arc...

How can you forget this moment?

Spoiler:

How they did got to know about the Baratie, for christ' sake!!?

Ah...

Spoiler:

Guess someone of Mom's crew came to eat there after a mission
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post

Ah...

Well they have a new ship with sanjis wanted poster face on it...

When Luffy declares he will be pirate king to Big Mom on Fishman Island, Zoro is smiling like a mad man. Pretty funny.

Hidden:
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    When Luffy declares he will be pirate king to Big Mom on Fishman Island, Zoro is smiling like a mad man. Pretty funny.

I bet Oda had Zoro in the background just because he's grinning. That's priceless. XD

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I'm so upset. If volume 75
    Spoiler:

had Doflamingo on the cover instead of Pica, it would have been perfect for the Dressrosa arc (and if they had Bartolomeo too). Either that, or volume 76+ Doflamingo added to it.

In speaking of that, I don't like calling it the Dressrosa saga. I really feel like the overall location of Dressrosa wasn't really important like other arcs. I'd rather go with a character name for a change (Like the Doflamingo Saga, which I think is perfect, or even the Law saga. Or even the Law and Doflamingo Saga).
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post

In speaking of that, I don't like calling it the Dressrosa saga. I really feel like the overall location of Dressrosa wasn't really important like other arcs. I'd rather go with a character name for a change (Like the Doflamingo Saga, which I think is perfect, or even the Law saga. Or even the Law and Doflamingo Saga).
    I didn't knew that was a thing. Right now we are at the Pirate Alliance Saga that goes to Punk Hazard until the upcoming Wano.

Spoiler:

Ah...

Spoiler:

Oh nicely done! While remember and laugh at the antics of the Baritie Cooks, its still nice to tie up two events together showing there are reactions to things in past, consequences to openly declaring ties (past or present) to pirates.

Looking on that, it casts a different light on other events (or lack of reactions). It also opens up potential reactions/events in the future.
    After all, Baratie isn't the only place/people openly stating connections to the Strawhats.

1- the new Sakura Kingdom's flag and Dr. Kureha's Issi-100's emblem.
    Hidden:
    The first is obviously a skull & bones even thought the man that used it (Dr. Hiluluk) was never stated to be a pirate, just called a thief.) While the Isshi-100 have "a black flag combining the cross from Chopper's hat with a silhouette of what looks like Hiluluk's hat". (quote from wiki)

2- The kids at Isshin Dojo knew that Zoro went there and Koshiro taught him. So seems that knowledge is public. Some of the kids begged Koshiro to teach them how to be pirates, though he states he won't.

3- Fuusha (Fushia??) Village isn't quiet about Luffy hailing from there. They were openly cheering and having a feast when his bounty after Enies Lobby came out.

4- Even at Cocoyashi Village they are open about connections to Nami.

At any of the these I can see others (enemy pirates, marines, ect.) take note of the connections and cause trouble. While the citizens may love the SHs and not mean to cause any harm to the crew, their being open about the connections invites trouble even if they don't know it, like what has happened with the Baratie. And they could become targets.

Interesting to note is that Usopp's home, Syrup Village in the Gecko Islands may be the safest place out of the SHs homes. The Usopp Pirate boys say the villagers wouldn't believe them about Sogeking being Usopp .... but what if they did but stayed quiet about it due to knowing about pirates and marines?

I mean, they know that Yasopp, Usopp's dad, was a pirate while Usopp grew up in the village. They likely already knew the dangers presented by having pirates coming from/associated with location. As such they knew to try to hush up about connections.
    Also interesting to note that Syrup Village seems to isolated. Its on a cliff on the ocean side and seems to be surrounded by mountains. Usopp notes that there are only two ways to enter the village, both hill slopes that lead to the beach. There is a big town, judging by architecture on a cover type of architecture we don't see in the humble village of Syrup Village, that likely is on another side of the Island (or maybe another island in the archipelago altogether)
    Hidden:
    Syrup Village

beach side approaching Syrup Village

Town on Gecko Islands

Back in strong world ch. 0 (565.5...which I can't find anywhere now) we see Yasopp noticing Shanks ship and he notes how odd it is to see a ship in that area. This strengthens the idea that Syrup Village is quite isolated and difficult to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I didn't knew that was a thing. Right now we are at the Pirate Alliance Saga that goes to Punk Hazard until the upcoming Wano.
    If that's the case, then the Pirate Alliance Saga might end up lasting the remainder of the show at this rate. Especially since Law's "I'm just using the strawhats to defeat Doflamingo" thing was resolved.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm so upset. If volume 75

had Doflamingo on the cover instead of Pica, it would have been perfect for the Dressrosa arc (and if they had Bartolomeo too). Either that, or volume 76+ Doflamingo added to it.
    Pica is perfect for the chapters covered within 75 though, given his prevalence within them.

Some people consider Punk Hazard - Dressrosa a separate saga due to the revelation that Law's main goal was never the Yonko during those arcs, and how they mainly focus on him and the Donquixote Pirates in contrast to Zou and Totto Land. Not to mention the length of those two arcs alone made the Doflamingo focus a significant part of the story.

Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

If that's the case, then the Pirate Alliance Saga might end up lasting the remainder of the show at this rate. Especially since Law's "I'm just using the strawhats to defeat Doflamingo" thing was resolved.
    naah, just wait for the Raftel/One Piece/Throne wars Saga.

Aren't they still allied and still opposing Kaido?

Aren't they still allied and still opposing Kaido?
    Yeah, because Luffy refused to break off the alliance and fought alongside Law, allowing the latter to survive. And Law's cover plot ended up becoming his real one out of necessity.

I mean, the line here is blurrier than it is for most sagas, and you have the right to consider them one story; I wouldn't argue with you there. Other than the "Yonko Saga" which was Shonen Jump hype material the post timeskip hasn't been officially clear cut like pre timeskip

Spoiler:

Yep, Katzztar, i can't find anymore the Strong World manga chapter too, a nice soul there plez, a link ;)

Btw, another notion that i have an idea but still many doubts is this particular reaction, which is quite new and never saw it being commented:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Why this happens? Why it only occurs at the first interaction? What happens with the opponents and the surroundings?
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,

Yep, Katzztar, i can't find anymore the Strong World manga chapter too, a nice soul there plez, a link ;)

Btw, another notion that i have an idea but still many doubts is this particular reaction, which is quite new and never saw it being commented:

Why this happens? Why it only occurs at the first interaction? What happens with the opponents and the surroundings?
    It happens as a result of two Conqueror's Haki users clashing. The reason it was mostly only prevalent in the beginnings of those two battles was because it was the only times where Luffy and his opponent had a full-powered, equal clash. All the other times, their attacks were much briefer and were not successfully countered by the opponent. When Luffy and Doffy locked kicks once more in Chapter 783, the effects were seen again:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    It happens as a result of two Conqueror's Haki users clashing. The reason it was mostly only prevalent in the beginnings of those two battles was because it was the only times where Luffy and his opponent had a full-powered, equal clash. All the other times, their attacks were much briefer and were not successfully countered by the opponent. When Luffy and Doffy locked kicks once more in Chapter 783, the effects were seen again:

Then, if comes only after an equal clash and a successful counter, why here it does not happen:

Spoiler:

*The lines are sparks.

Then, if comes only after an equal clash and a successful counter, why here it does not happen:

*The lines are sparks.
    Because Chinjao didn't have a successful counter. He immediately got his head transformed before being blown into the water.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Yeah, because Luffy refused to break off the alliance and fought alongside Law, allowing the latter to survive. And Law's cover plot ended up becoming his real one out of necessity.

I mean, the line here is blurrier than it is for most sagas, and you have the right to consider them one story; I wouldn't argue with you there. Other than the "Yonko Saga" which was Shonen Jump hype material the post timeskip hasn't been officially clear cut like pre timeskip
    While I agree that post-TS has more of a continuous story than pre-TS, it's funny how you say that pre-TS has been "officially clear cut" when there are at least two official story divisions (official site and One Piece Green) which differ significantly (i. e. Loguetown, Davy Back and Sabaody are in different sagas according to two sources, Impel Down and Marineford are treated as either one or two sagas).
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Can the Ninjutsu: I Love You no Jutsu be a burst of Haoshoku?

Spoiler:

Like this scream is helped by another burst
    Spoiler:

The same, theorized by this black lines.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information