+ Reply to Thread
Page 737 of 853 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727 735 736 737 738 739 747 787 837 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 17057

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

What did the polish do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    What did the polish do?
    Poles are basically the Mexicans of Western Europe in terms of stereotypes and racism. In the UK this is especially pronounced.

What did the polish do?
    There's alot of them, and they go to school and do work and stuff.

Or don't do either. Either way it's scary because they clearly take British X from proper Brits.

Romanians and Bulgarians got a bad British rap too, but the Polish element is larger.

Basically anyone given free movement by being in the EU from the poor half of the continent.

I guess every region really does have their own Schrodinger's Immigrant

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Fun fact. Swedes are kinda sorta the Polacks in Norway. Or atleast were.

Hasn't been as much of a thing since the currencies evened out in recent years tho

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Poles are basically the Mexicans of Western Europe in terms of stereotypes and racism. In the UK this is especially pronounced.
    Well shit shouldn't be surprised.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

The poles are a unfortunate people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41382492
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/u...e.html?mcubz=0

Another mass shooting, but thanks to brave intervention from a church usher there was only one fatality.
    The victim was shot in the face point blank while she lay wounded on the ground.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Saudi Arabia will FINALLY allow women to DRIVE!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-ara...191526867.html

NER, where you at, man!?
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41382492
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/u...e.html?mcubz=0

Another mass shooting, but thanks to brave intervention from a church usher there was only one fatality.
    The victim was shot in the face point blank while she lay wounded on the ground.
    Why do the friends and family always come out and say "he was such a great guy!"?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Why do the friends and family always come out and say "he was such a great guy!"?
    I would say because they knew him as such and are shocked/surpised/appaled their friend/brother/son/cousin did such acts. I doubt they are many people that expect their family or friends to do those things. Or that the news of those horrible acts makes you forget how you knew as normal person before this happen.

If it came from the news that jas no emotional connection to him it would be odd but coming from family and friends who have close bonds with him and have years of regular interraction before he commited an horrible act rarely commited I don't think it is some strange reaction. Wouldn't you be surprise if someone you are close with become a murderer ?

Ross (of Ross's Game Dungeon and Freeman's Mind) did a great video on the Adpocalypse and how it massively screws over content creators and viewers.

Nearly 93 percent of voters approved the referendum for an independent Kurdish state in northern Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Yeah that's why it wasn't mysteriously aligned with a rash of racist xenophobic hate crimes or anything.
    It's not only a far-righty thing. There are people from every political sides who want to leave the EU.
    Corbyn for instance

And we didn't send the Constitution party into congress either. Turns out the mainstream right in the UK and US has become a vehicle for far-right sorts of things.
    You're not electing a party but a candidate. Unfortunately, political parties are a religion in the US, people would vote Republican their entire life wether the candidate is a nazi or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I realize that Germany is halfway into Eastern Europe, but they still literally elected Hitler. You can't ignore that.
    I'm talking about nowadays.
    Not pre-WW2 context when Europe was completely nazi (except the UK). So many things are different now and it's absurd to compare both situations. Political correctness wasn't even a thing, which means racism was kind of a big deal everywhere in the world. What else ? Countries had colonies, and uhhh well, many many other things.

And I don't know how Hitler campaigned exactly. Was it like Trump ? I don't know tbh.

Brexit was literally motivated by xenophobia. They wanted to leave the EU to avoid having to take in their fair share of Muslim refugees, that was their core issue.
    That was not the only reason.
    The Brexit involves way more than the far-right.

Are other European countries who are not in the EU xenophobic ?
    Last edited by Nilitch; September 27th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/tea...nthem-protest/

If there's one thing we should praise Trump and the Republicans ignorance for it's making people forget how to.control their own stupidity.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/tea...nthem-protest/

If there's one thing we should praise Trump and the Republicans ignorance for it's making people forget how to.control their own stupidity.
    I'll never understand blatantly racist people working education.
    A job generally near guaranteed to have you working with minors whom you have authority and influence over outside of your own demographic.
    Especially at the Elementary level these people belong nowhere near it.

Default Random News Article Discussion II

These poor Eastern Europeans are a bit different from Mexicans in the sense they are generally legally allowed to work, but they take contracts for a much lower wage than natives. And they really only move around Europe for work and return to Poland once they're done with a given project. And they quite literally work themselves to death. My step dad worked with a dude who was living of these cookies and the free office coffee. He bought him lunch one day to the guy's delight, but he died a few weeks later from malnutrition. I find it funny brits make a big deal of this though, since I distinctly remember British people at every construction I've ever been, you know... refusing to learn the language, thieving, having criminal records ( one chav came to Copenhagen because he had stabbed a guy ), working for less pay and being very aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    These poor Eastern Europeans are a bit different from Mexicans in the sense they are generally legally allowed to work, but they take contracts for a much lower wage than natives. And they really only move around Europe for work and return to Poland once they're done with a given project. And they quite literally work themselves to death. My step dad worked with a dude who was living of these cookies and the free office coffee. He bought him lunch one day to the guy's delight, but he died a few weeks later from malnutrition. I find it funny brits make a big deal of this though, since I distinctly remember British people at every construction I've ever been, you know... refusing to learn the language, thieving, having criminal records ( one chav came to Copenhagen because he had stabbed a guy ), working for less pay and being very aggressive.
    I've seen racist Brits complaining about the stern cold introverted behavior of Eastern European immigrants. To which I can only think of how well they must fit in.

Complicating things since 2009.

Uhhh what's the context?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information