+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mr.Prince and his multiple personality disorder

Default Mr.Prince and his multiple personality disorder

Some of you may remember my old cosplay thread. It's in a terrible state, with most of the pictures no longer working. I decided, since I've done a lot more in terms of cosplay since the last time I was on Arlong Park that, even if I haven't cosplayed One Piece in ages, I should share what I have been doing.

Some of you may want to invert your eyes as I am chubby and have been wearing spandex more than someone my size should. As far as why I cosplay and where the title of the thread comes from I figured I'd explain in an effort to give more background on myself and my hobbies. I've been going to conventions of various types (mostly Anime and Comic Book conventions) since I was 11, when I was first introduced to the idea of cosplay. Upon returning home I immediately started plotting my first costume--Squall Leonhart, from my lifelong favorite videogame, Final Fantasy VIII.

Now I'm 23 and I've been cosplaying ever since. My reasons for doing so are slightly different from most peoples, as some of you may know I value nothing more in this world than a good story. After spending many years studying theatre, acting in general, and psychology as a means to further my understanding of humanity and as such create more believable characters on my own. Several years ago I decided to take this to the next level, splice in my love for silly voices and impersonations, and bring it in to my cosplaying.

So these days a large portion of the research I put in to my costumes is a psychological analysis of the character and the things that make them tick as well as developing my own personal interpretation of the character-- that is to say deciding the voice, mannerisms, and body language I'll use as the character. I'm not a talented seamstress, admittedly I can't sew at all, but I have gained some notoriety in my local circles for committing myself to not only dressing as the character but for acting as them the entire time I'm in costume, very rarely breaking my persona.

People seem to like my Joker and Gaston for that in particular, it's a fun time for me at the very least. Hence why I named this thread as I did. <br><br>All that aside I'm going to start posting cosplay stuff.

John Constantine
    Spoiler:

The Joker (Inspired by Batman the Animate series as well as the comics)

Spoiler:

Batman
    Spoiler:

Thor (modern comics version)
    Spoiler:

Whitebeard

Spoiler:

Gaston

Spoiler:

Squall Leonhart

Spoiler:

Timeskip Sanji

Spoiler:

Snow Villiers (FF13 version)

Spoiler:

I'll be adding more later, but for now heres some of my various costumes
    Follow me on tumblr if you'd like: http://gentlemencinder.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    lemme know if i'm missing something.... but did robin just shove a tree up the stay-puff marshmallow man's ass?

Default Re: Mr.Prince and his multiple personality disorder

Oh wow, these are so amazing, you can certainly see you're having fun with the characters and the events in general.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Dat Sanji is awesome

Haha, this is so much fun. I always admire the folk who get into character and consider it something to aim for - when I do readthroughs with friends, I tend to stay in character even when we're not performing from the script for example. You're clearly putting a lot of effort into the performance as well as the costume and it comes through very well in these photos. I'm curious who you have lined up next :)

Props to you (pun totally intended) for reviving the Cosplay section too.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    Haha, this is so much fun. I always admire the folk who get into character and consider it something to aim for - when I do readthroughs with friends, I tend to stay in character even when we're not performing from the script for example. You're clearly putting a lot of effort into the performance as well as the costume and it comes through very well in these photos. I'm curious who you have lined up next :)

Props to you (pun totally intended) for reviving the Cosplay section too.

The next costumes I have lined up are as follows:

Captain Marvelous- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (which is a much watch for One Piece fans IMO)

Booster Gold "fifties/greaser' redesign (DC Comics/My own art)

MC Boostah G (I'm making a Booster letterman jacket so I decided to use it for a funny casual "rapper" version of Booster as Booster has a rap song about him)

Erwin Smith (Attack on Titan)

Batman (this will be a new and altered version of the previous costume)

I hope to get to Kristoff from Frozen, Bolin from Legend of Korra, and Flynn Rider sometime in the near future as well.

I really appreciate the kind word from the three of you so thank you very much!

Yeah I've always wanted to act on stage but I have stage fright, the personal feel of conventions really lets me tap in to that desire in a setting I'm comfortable with as well as letting me use the things I've learned in acting, psycology, ect. in a really fun way. As such it always means an incredible amount to me when people take notice and appreciate how I operate in costume.

Just because you guys have been so nice I'll share this here.

I wish this hadn't been so spur of the moment, I had never attempted singing in my Joker voice and it just sounds terrible, it was a spur of the moment idea for some laughs at last years Acen. The video features my waifu Erica (Ivy), my good friend Mizo(riddler) and my good friend/the man who worked with me on "Omens in Ink." Curt (nightwing)

Bonus pic:
    Spoiler:

That's me as Marty McFly with my handmade (I generally try to make my own props, this one was a bitch to do) Mattel Hoverboard (signed by Christopher Llyod a.k.a Doc Brown) sitting in the actual Delorean used in the film at San Diego Comic Con a few years back. In all honesty it's one of my all time favorite costumes even if it's a bit over done.
    Follow me on tumblr if you'd like: http://gentlemencinder.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    lemme know if i'm missing something.... but did robin just shove a tree up the stay-puff marshmallow man's ass?

Baby, you're back!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information