+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Default Re: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

looks amazing i'm still not paying for crunchyroll because i don't watch alot of anime to justify the purchase.
    3DS FC 5429-6917-2690
    Nintendo id: Lugia 16

Hello folks. So some of the One Piece creative collaborators in Japan are interested in hearing what you have to think about the Crunchyroll simulcast.

Any comments including (but not limited to) general impressions, the ease of viewability, picture quality, ease of access, quality of translation, if it justifies the price and so on.

If you've ever complained that the big names don't listen to what fans abroad think, here's your chance to speak up so don't waste it.

The video quality is leagues better than the FUNi simulcast/any .TS raws.

Price is definitely justified, since there are plenty of other anime on the service that I plan to watch/am watching already. Translation is pretty great (although there are errors such as "We won't left anybody behind" in the opening rather than "We won't leave anybody behind.", that are also present in the FUNi simulcast (they seem to use the same subs)). Other than small nitpicks like that, it's great.

The only "complaint" I really have is the lack of the next episode preview at the end. Is there a reason they couldn't get their hands on it?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I guees I'll give my input.
    So far...I really like it.
    I've been using Crunchyroll for a few months, and during which, I haven't experienced any problems while watching shows. One Piece is no exception, of course.

-The 1080p HD is crisp and clear. For the last two episodes, it took a few hours for the 720p and 1080p options to become available. I don't know if that's part of the new licensing agreement or if it takes a while to encode HD on the stream. Is it going to be like that from now on?

-I think I may have seen one or two grammatical errors, but besides that, the translations are pretty good.

-I don't want to go into the whole Hands Up! situation, since I know that's a whole 'nother can of worms that needs to be worked out.

-Like with Funimation's stream, I noticed that the next episode previews aren't included. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to see those brought over.

Duuuude

Could we voice our displeasure at being refused the opportunity to receive certain songs from Japan?

No we cant. We should be thankful for even getting the chance to work out other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Could we voice our displeasure at being refused the opportunity to receive certain songs from Japan?
    I doubt Toei is as involved as you may think. We've already learned anime isn't a package deal and that plenty of different aspects of a series fall under separate licenses. Nothing they could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Absolutely. I'd be happy to share those thoughts as well.

It's weird because on my campus internet everything on Crunchyroll loads too slowly in anything beyond SD, except One Piece which loads just fine even on the best settings

The HD streams from Crunchyroll are great, however I did notice that it took longer for the HD feeds to come through than the SD feed. At first, I thought this was CrunchyRoll's form of a paywall, getting access to the HD stream sooner. Apparently that's not the case, which is good.

I also voice my displeasure at the ludicrous licensing agreements that prevent English viewers from getting "Hands Up" as an opening. Considering how far we've come in the last few years to have One Piece available globally via legal means, it's asinine that any record label would deem it a hinderance to have their song aired outside of Japan. No exposure = no potential sales from those of us that like the music.

Discovered Stowaway YonkouProductions's Avatar

Its really awesome to have One Piece simulcasting in HD on Crunchyroll, but I have to say as a person being snubbed most of the time by licensing restrictions aka geoblocks that I really hope more regions will be able to get access to One Piece as I do currently in Australia simply because the product is well worth it in terms of timeliness, video quality and streaming performance.

First off I hope they get the older seasons/episodes up on Crunchyroll as soon as possible, that's going to be good for everyone who may be at various points in the series. Also it needs to be available in every major region at some point. It's especially a shame that at the very least it's not available in the U.K. or Ireland.

Awesome, it's great to see that the higher ups at Japan are seeing that One Piece is taking roots in foreign countries and that they're looking to improve One Piece for foreign fans!! I only have a few problems:

1. Music issues. I know that it may not be Toei's fault, but I think we should at least let them know its bothering us so that they could hopefully try and help fix it, since I think most fans would agree that the lack of fanfare in Strong World and the possibility of not having Hands Up during Punk Hazard are their biggest concerns.

2. Previews. I know this one's minor since we get the previews with the dub releases anyway, but it kind of stinks that I have to go search for the preview on youtube when I should just be able to see it after the episode is over.

3. Specials, Movies, Ect. This might be more on Funimation's end, but I think every fan would love it if foreign dubs would get to watch and own the One Piece movies and specials that have come out. I know Funimation gets specials like historical boss luffy, but those are technically episodes. I'm talking more like ovas. This could also benefit Crunchyroll, because Funimation could license Film Z for example, and then maybe they could work out a deal where Crunchyroll gets to have the subbed version of the film on their site, while Funimation is working on the DVD, so that some hype can be generated.

These are just my thoughts on the whole thing, again, I'm super stoked that the producers in Japan care about their foreign fan base!! Thanks for telling us about this great opportunity Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetto View Post
    1. Music issues. I know that it may not be Toei's fault, but I think we should at least let them know its bothering us so that they could hopefully try and help fix it, since I think most fans would agree that the lack of fanfare in Strong World and the possibility of not having Hands Up during Punk Hazard are their biggest concerns.
    I second this, my biggest issue right now is not having Hands Up! as the opening. Really hope this can get resolved.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Just want to co-sign the song concerns. If anything just ot let Toei know we do wish to see this resolved. I was really disappointed to see Fanfare not kept in Strong World as I feared, and still having We Go! instead of Hands Up! is just ridiculous. Also episode previews would be awesome!

Thank you for your replies. I've compiled them and sent them along to concerned parties.

I think one big thing is "One Piece" still has work to do in terms of being bigger worldwide, on the same scale as "Dragonball Z". Latin America is a big region where "One Piece" has underperformed, so I think it's imperative that Toei Animation produce a new Spanish/Portugese dub that's faithful to the Japanese version and is at least just as good as the FUNimation dub, get it on TV, etc.

Also maybe make that one-piece.com site international, as in make it multilingual eventually to open it up to fans around the world.

THANK YOU FIRECROUCH!

...but I think that's over Greg's jurisdiction. LOL. There are 2 companies in Lat Am That want to do One Piece uncut and they are not Toei. If you want to read about it check the LatAM Redub Thread.

Despite potentially accurate criticisms aimed at other aspects of the series, a decidedly positive aspect of Toei's policy is that they *do* want to bring OP to the rest of the world 'like yesterday'.

The issue goes back to being one of financial stability and trust, neither of which are easy to come by in large doses. I know it doesn't help knowing Toei simply wants to bring it overseas, but at least take comfort in that they are not actively hiding it from the world.

A little update from the Crunchyroll forums:
    It won't be like Bleach where we released one new episode and one old episode once a week. We'll be releasing the old episodes in chunks. I know we're currently working on the first 100 episodes. Not sure if 100 will be released, but just can confirm it won't be like Bleach. Chunks of old episodes will be released instead of one. That's all the information I have. Sorry!
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...on-cr#45065225

As expected, large chunks of the series will be posted instead of just one-by-one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information