+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Nine Nine

Default Re: Brooklyn Nine Nine

@Satsuki: Just in the way Scully (or Hitchcock?) was holding the guns, reminded me instantly of Death the Kid. I'm sure it wasn't an intentional reference of course, but slightly amusing nonetheless.

Last two episodes have been fantastic. Holt has become my de facto favorite character.

My favorite episode just aired today/yesterday.
    "What? No!?What?? No!!?What??? No!!!?"
    priceless.

It was a great episode, if not a little incoherent. Holt continues to kill it of course.

This season, the ratings are way up, which is good. Last night's episode scored a whopping 2.5, which pending adjustments makes it Fox's top live-action scripted programming for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    It was a great episode, if not a little incoherent. Holt continues to kill it of course.

This season, the ratings are way up, which is good. Last night's episode scored a whopping 2.5, which pending adjustments makes it Fox's top live-action scripted programming for the week.
    That's nice, it would be most welcome with parks having it's last season soon and with community being community and nobody knowing how that will turn out(with more and more of the original cast moving on it seems), if there would be more of Brooklyn 99 at the end of it all.

So I guess we now know whats going to happen each Halloween episode each season.

I wonder if the writers toss a coin to see who wins from now on.

Also to get people into this show I am just telling them it's Season 3-5 Scrubs but with Police detectives and no dream sequences. Season 3-5 is when Scrubs really cut loose and didn't need JD to be the interaction catalyst - So you would get the cast mixing with the other cast members without JD which was rarer in the earlier seasons.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Spoiler:
    "...Jacob"

"WHAAAAAAA"

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Also to get people into this show I am just telling them it's Season 3-5 Scrubs but with Police detectives and no dream sequences. Season 3-5 is when Scrubs really cut loose and didn't need JD to be the interaction catalyst - So you would get the cast mixing with the other cast members without JD which was rarer in the earlier seasons.
    Haha that's what I did and it works out way better.
    I recommended it to my friends when it just started but I didn't have a good pitch to get them interested. Srsly it was only when season 2 began that I made that easy association for an easy pitch.

Now I have 4 other friends that binged the show and are up to date.

Fox just renewed this for a third season, and if it's a full season (which, duh!), that means season 4 is all but guaranteed. Here's to not having to worry about this show's future until 2017.~

Fox just renewed this for a third season, and if it's a full season (which, duh!), that means season 4 is all but guaranteed. Here's to not having to worry about this show's future until 2017.~
    As long as they don't change the current timeslot, things are looking good.

Which is great news, as the show really found its footing.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    As long as they don't change the current timeslot, things are looking good.

Which is great news, as the show really found its footing.
    I am worried about the Jake/Amy romance - Granted they have proven that they don't stick to the expected troupes but I can't help but feel that one is going to be a bad run of episodes.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Well... (spoilers for future episodes)

Spoiler:
    There IS going to be a wedding this season.

Captain Holt is so perfect, and I have a mild crush on Rosa.

Well... (spoilers for future episodes)

Spoiler:
    There IS going to be a wedding this season.
    Spoiler:

What? how? Who? Just, WHAT?

If I were to guess I would say those one two parents

This is one of the funniest shows i've seen in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    Spoiler:

What? how? Who? Just, WHAT?
    Spoiler:
    My bets on Holt after all this show wouldn't be afraid to do it.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Spoiler:
    My bets on Holt after all this show wouldn't be afraid to do it.
    Already married.

If you wanna know who, look below.
    Spoiler:
    Hinscher's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Already married.

If you wanna know who, look below.
    Spoiler:
    Hinscher's right.
    Were they? Huh I must admit I was going by memory - ok but then if thats the case via your spoiler then ... I can't surmise my feelings without a slight rant.

Brooklyn 99 is one of those shows where you feel like you've seen the stories a million times or you know where the show is going with something and they really play on that by inverting expected tropes or going in slightly/completely unexpected ways.
    But in doing so I feel they're making a M. Night Shyamalan like expectation that you're always looking for the twist. Which I really feel like I should appreciate it so much more - it's like watching Scrubs for the first time and really enjoying the show. But I get a sense of foreboding that something is going to go wrong with this show or it is going to be cancelled which is weird.

Sorry for the rant.

Brooklyn Nine Nine has already been renewed. And will definitely be renewed for season 4. Just relax and enjoy the peace for the next couple of years. :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information