Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: Second Round Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    Oh, I'm well aware. The irony is delicious, isn't it.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

There is one very cruel bird...

01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan - not voting (unless something makes me).
    02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns - even if we die in the storm of hate, we will die fighting.
    03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo - Jim-Bob just got himself a banjo partner.
    04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp - this is sad
    05. Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3 - Bring Mokiji back! Perona can go fight clowns with Sanji.
    06. Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami
    Spoiler:

UNDECIDED.

07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile - ohoho, bye last year powerhouse!
    08. Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus - don't care.

Poor Kuma, Hancock and Crocodile :( with such partners they don't stand a chance. Someone clearly doesn't want them to win or at least have a fair chance at moving forward. They could've fared very well on their own.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Really guys ? Really ?

Why don't you just flat out state that you don't want Robin to win ? :O
    Don't worry, with Robin teaming with Magellan, she should also have the Moriah and Enel backers

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Bye, Bye Sanji

And Franky + Zoro is overkill

01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan
    -Easy Doflaland. Cant stand Robin.. yet i love Magellan :(

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns
    -I think two clowns together is a given...

03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo
    -Tough one, but i might go with Jinbei/Akainu... Campaigns

04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp
    -Bellamy! Not a fan of the other 3...

05. Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3
    Same as match 4, only care for Kuzan... haha

-Don't like any of these 4... Probably Moriah/Shanks.

07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile
    -Crocodilley.... Gonna be a tough match though

08. Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus
    Hmmm very tough. Campaigns for this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    And now tag-teams?? I swear somebody said they weren't happening :S
    This.
    I can't say I liked the tag-teams last year, so I was happy to read that post by one of the mods (can't remember who it was, though) saying that they wouldn't be back this year. So... I'm a bit disappointed to see that they are back after all.

But, hey, I don't like to complain, so I guess I'll roll along and post my picks for this round:

Spoiler:

01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan - (I'm not a Doflamingo fan at all, but I do want to vote for Noland no matter what. On the other hand, I actually really like both Robin and Magellan... so, I guess this is exactly one of the reasons why I don't like tag-teams.)
    02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns - (I never ever imagined I would vote for Monet, but in this match I like Sanji and Buggy while I'm not the biggest fan of Ceasar and Monet. And since Ceasar will probably a bigger threat later on in the tournament I might as well try to take him out here.)
    03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo - (Again, Akainu is probably one of the characters in One Piece I dislike the most (albeit in a way that we are supposed to dislike him), but Jinbe is cool and I don't really care about Bepo and Kuma.)
    04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp - (While Fisher Tiger is cool, I like Garp and WB more. At least this match doesn't suck like tag-teams usually do (I know I said I didn't wanna complain, sorry :P))
    05. Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3 - (Voting for Perona here. Kuzan is nice enough, so I don't mind voting for him either. It's a shame Mr.3 has to go down though, cause I like him as well.)
    06. Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami - (Actually, I like all these four characters, but I'll probably go with Laboon and Nami. I guess I think they deserve it more ore something.)
    07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile - (The only match I don't know yet. Croc is probably one of the top candidates to win this year. I love Iceburg and Tyrannosaurus. But Franky and Zoro are both cool as well...)
    08. Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus - (I'd like to vote for Crocus, but I want to vote for Brook as well. And when I have to choose between Enel and Fujitora, I have to go with Enel.)

One more thing though. Can you guys please, please, please tell me whether or not the next round will consist of the tag-team partners fighting each other? Cause that would be totally shitty not be something I would be very happy with... but if it's gonna happen anyway, I would like to keep that in mind while voting during this round.

I promise I will try not to complain about the tag-teams any further from now on ;).

(Edit:
    Ok, nevermind about that last thing. I just read the rest of this thread and it seems there won't be any teams-turning-on-each-other matches. That's a relief ^^)
    Last edited by Huon; September 9th, 2013 at 02:30 AM.
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Personal preference and the lack of real recent substance, mostly. In my opinion, Robin is the least worthy champion to have a repeat performance this soon after her first victory. And she's my least liked Strawhat too, for whatever reason. It's kinda funny since I like her cynicism and darkness as well as her maturity, but there's just something about her character that irks me personally.
    Agreed with this. I'm still upset she won at all.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns - I love Ceasar too much, sorry Sanji~
    03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo - Akainu is such an ass that not even Jinbei can make me vote for him.
    06. Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami - If Shanks didn't have Moriah with him this would've been harder to decide..

Why so much hate for tag team matches

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodyne View Post
    Why so much hate for tag team matches
    Well when 2 favourites get put against 2 "losers" it seems pretty unfair, cause in some cases solo characters have more chance of winning.
    But I'm liking the whole tag-team idea since I haven't participated in anything like this yet!

Why are you doing these again? It doesn't save any time, and if it's just to change things up a bit... I don't know, I'm still not a supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Why are you doing these again? It doesn't save any time, and if it's just to change things up a bit... I don't know, I'm still not a supporter.
    8 matches with 16 characters getting through means 8 matches on the next round. Sixteen matches with an equal amount of characters getting through also means 8 matches on the next round. When each match lasts for a single day, we're at a situation where this actually saves us a whole week. 8+8=16 < 16+8=24.

But that's not really the reason why we're doing this, it's just a nice by-product. As for the real reason, that's not something that we're going to discuss here. We are mindful of all the feedback we're getting, though.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

8 matches with 16 characters getting through means 8 matches on the next round. Sixteen matches with an equal amount of characters getting through also means 8 matches on the next round. When each match lasts for a single day, we're at a situation where this actually saves us a whole week. 8+8=16 < 16+8=24.

But that's not really the reason why we're doing this, it's just a nice by-product. As for the real reason, that's not something that we're going to discuss here. We are mindful of all the feedback we're getting, though.
    Hm. I must have... my math! It has left me!!!!!

I see, if there's any reason beyond "for fun and more variety" or "trying to equal out chances", I'd appreciate an inbox message just for personal use... :D

I find the lack of Hancock support in this thread disturbing.

I should get to work on a counter-attack, because Kuzan's obviously not going to go extinct as easily as Drake did...

An idea that just popped in my mind now, but which canīt be considered this year. Why not making a double elimination tournament, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-draw-2004.png. Then every character would need to lose twice to be eliminated which would give characters who are stronger, but had bad luck in the draw, and also such with lots of campaigns, like f.e. Law, Luffy a second chance. The only problem that arises is that it would take more time since there would be much more matches, but there could be two matches a day from the second round on, f.e. one from loser and winner brackets.

About the tagteams: Iīm not a big fan of these but it sure brings some spice into the tournament. Going with the guys on the left side here, except in the Whitebeard match. These old farts are too powerful to withstand.

Well... I felt kind of betrayed, yet again, to have tag battles, so I didn't care about them - but I want show who I will support anyways.

- this is mainly out of spite against Robin. I do not exactly know why. I like her character, most of the time... I might change my mind again though because Magellan is great.

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns
    - undecided. I want these two characters to advance...

03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo
    - I love Jinbe, but this Bear-team-up is simply too awesome to vote against.

- Tough one, but I will go with the newly redeemed one here.

- Another tough one. I like Kuzan more than the other 3 though, so I will vote for him. Despite liking Hancock more than Perona...

- My only easy choice so far.

- Tough one again. I guess two awesome Strawhats is too much for Crocodile to handle with a mouse on his side, though.

- Easy. Good.

Match 3:

Akainu: Hmph, a pair of bear pirates are all ... how futile. Our plan will not fail!
    Jinbe: I call it ... Plan Yakuza Magma Sea Knight rides through Bear Pair to the Quarter Finals!!
    Akainu: Who needs something like that!!
    Jinbe: Saka-san, what good is a plan without a great name?
    Akainu: The name is longer than the acutal plan!
    Jinbe: ...
    Akainu: ...
    Jinbe: ... Nice tattoo.
    Akainu: Thanks. Yours too.

These guys are too great a team xD

I feel really excited about this, tag teams are awesome although match nš8 is waaay to hard to handle. I am really looking forward to the campaining, in most cases it will be the reason why I decide who to vote

Thread Information