+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 707: B Block

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece 707: B Block

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    If it takes an hour to build up and has a high potential to miss cause it's unlikely that the Yonkou will be stationary. I think it's perfectly fine for them to theorize it could do what they claim. Think about it...A full hour of concentration, and you can't defend yourself. It must have a lot of strength behind it.
    You're reading it wrong. Its not like he has to charge it up and fire it immediately afterwards. Its more like a spirit bomb in that he has to prepare it beforehand, but can choose when exactly to use it and move around and fight normally while its "charged".

But yeah, I doubt this guy's punch could knock out any A-tier guys, let alone Kaidou or the other yonkou.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Just because Spartan was weak compared to Luffy, that doesn't mean that he would be knocked out by Luffy's CoC. Same for some of the other unnamed gladiators.

Luffy couldn't even knock out all the fodder in Fishman Island.
    He knocked out 50 thousand of them at once, in what way can you possibly turn this into a negative? Yes, only 50,000 instead of 100,000.. what a poor king's haki that he has... What a ridiculous thing to say. You can talk about willpower all you want as some type of exception for the weak, most of the time however, someone that is weak will usually have a weak willpower as well, the exceptions are a far rarer than you're trying to make it.

You and others are in major denial if you think Luffy's haki wouldn't KO almost every single fighter in his group excluding the named fighters. Someone as pathetic as Spartan winning so much tells more than enough about the quality of fighters in that competition. I don't think Luffy will do that though, I was merely responding to someone who said how can Jesus take them all out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Also if he'd use CoC his identity will be revealed or at least become very suspicious. He doesn't want that.
    Remember, only 3 people out there know who he is right now. There are like 2000 people in the stadium. Three people knowing doesn't sound like much of a big deal to me.
    You're forgetting that Luffy is an idiot who already forgot to keep his identity secret and gave out his real name when Cavendish asked

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestSwordsman View Post
    He knocked out 50 thousand of them at once, in what way can you possibly turn this into a negative? Yes, only 50,000 instead of 100,000.. what a poor king's haki that he has... What a ridiculous thing to say. You can talk about willpower all you want as some type of exception for the weak, most of the time however, someone that is weak will usually have a weak willpower as well, the exceptions are a far rarer than you're trying to make it.

You and others are in major denial if you think Luffy's haki wouldn't KO almost every single fighter in his group excluding the named fighters. Someone as pathetic as Spartan winning so much tells more than enough about the quality of fighters in that competition. I don't think Luffy will do that though, I was merely responding to someone who said how can Jesus take them all out so quickly.
    The number of foes doesn't affect the strength of Luffy's CoC.

Of the 100.000 guys Luffy faced in FI, only half were knocked out. The other half had enough willpower to resist it. Basically, what I'm saying is that being fodder is not a guarantee that you're gonna get knocked out by Luffy's CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    You're forgetting that Luffy is an idiot who already forgot to keep his identity secret and gave out his real name when Cavendish asked
    SOMETIMES he's smart though.
    He may or may not use it, but I think Luffy will enjoy just smashing people around. Whether it's with conscious thought or not.
    Hello fellow forum-browsers.
    I am currently on an English education, meaning that I would like to get my English as good as possible.
    If I make any mistakes in my posts, grammatically or with spelling, or even if I could phrase something better, feel free to point it out to me! (over PM maybe)

Of the 100.000 guys Luffy faced in FI, only half were knocked out. The other half had enough willpower to resist it. Basically, what I'm saying is that being fodder is not a guarantee that you're gonna get knocked out by Luffy's CoC.
    Also, CoC has a limit to it's range, so perhaps only half of them were in the effective range of it. I think it works like gravity, where it gets weaker with distance.

Well, after reading the discussion since the beginning, I've got different things I wanted to say, but I didn't really have the good timing.

1) I don't think Elisabelo's punch is able to one shot a high-tier. Really guys, you should think about it. Do you believe that Dagama could really know something about the level of a Yonkou ?
    These guys are able to withstand incredible things. What's more with their haki, I don't think Elisabelo's punch would be a real disturbance for them.
    This guys was able to make a big hole in a wall. That's not such a big feat. Should I recall you that WhiteBeard was able to destroy an entire Island with only 1 attack. And, one of these attacks touched Aka Inu who was not killed. Well, he could even continue to fight. So this little punch isn't a big deal to a "high tier".

2)Jesus is super strong. Maybe Luffy could use his CoC to knoc out his opponents, but Jesus just knocked them out with his very hands. Should I add that he did severely injured the more than a hundred fighters ? This is brute force. I don't think his block was filled with real weaklings, but it really doesn't matter afterall as even someone like a Vice-Admiral would be fodder to him...

3)Luffy won't use CoC to defeat all oponents. I guess this isn't really the spirit of the Coloseum... People want to see blood. But, even if he did use CoC, I think this doesn't change much thing as he's able to defeat many weak oponents really quick...

EDIT: 4) Well, I think CoC weakens with distance. But, Oda said Shanks would have knocked out all the 100 000 fodders in FI. Luffy could only KO half of them. So his CoC isn't strong enough yet. But it's normal, he is supposed to sharpen all the 3 forms until he gets the pirate king.
    Last edited by Elemental; April 26th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer hamad138's Avatar

COC is so useless it wont work in the New world, and luffys Kong haki is weak

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    You're reading it wrong. Its not like he has to charge it up and fire it immediately afterwards. Its more like a spirit bomb in that he has to prepare it beforehand, but can choose when exactly to use it and move around and fight normally while its "charged".

But yeah, I doubt this guy's punch could knock out any A-tier guys, let alone Kaidou or the other yonkou.
    Hmmm....Maybe. I'll re-read the chapter again later.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by IlanZ View Post
    Also, CoC has a limit to it's range, so perhaps only half of them were in the effective range of it. I think it works like gravity, where it gets weaker with distance.
    i also thought that's what oda was going for

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Well, after reading the discussion since the beginning, I've got different things I wanted to say, but I didn't really have the good timing.

1) I don't think Elisabelo's punch is able to one shot a high-tier. Really guys, you should think about it. Do you believe that Dagama could really know something about the level of a Yonkou ?
    These guys are able to withstand incredible things. What's more with their haki, I don't think Elisabelo's punch would be a real disturbance for them.
    This guys was able to make a big hole in a wall. That's not such a big feat. Should I recall you that WhiteBeard was able to destroy an entire Island with only 1 attack. And, one of these attacks touched Aka Inu who was not killed. Well, he could even continue to fight. So this little punch isn't a big deal to a "high tier".

2)Jesus is super strong. Maybe Luffy could use his CoC to knoc out his opponents, but Jesus just knocked them out with his very hands. Should I add that he did severely injured the more than a hundred fighters ? This is brute force. I don't think his block was filled with real weaklings, but it really doesn't matter afterall as even someone like a Vice-Admiral would be fodder to him...

3)Luffy won't use CoC to defeat all oponents. I guess this isn't really the spirit of the Coloseum... People want to see blood. But, even if he did use CoC, I think this doesn't change much thing as he's able to defeat many weak oponents really quick...

EDIT: 4) Well, I think CoC weakens with distance. But, Oda said Shanks would have knocked out all the 100 000 fodders in FI. Luffy could only KO half of them. So his CoC isn't strong enough yet. But it's normal, he is supposed to sharpen all the 3 forms until he gets the pirate king.
    Regarding Elizabello's punch, I think the problem lies more in its reliability than its power. The way I see it, the Yonko are smart and powerful enough to attack Elizabello and break his focus before he can actually throw the punch, dodge it and counter it, or simply deflect/block it with a combination of Haki and possibly special abilities. So while I think that Elizabello could at least seriously damage a Yonko, his single punch would be too unreliable for it to work.

Elephant gatling >>> Elizabello's punch smh

Quote Originally Posted by hamad138 View Post
    COC is so useless it wont work in the New world, and luffys Kong haki is weak
    Oda thinking in his work room:
    "Hey, let's introduce this power that will be totally useless in the New World, like, right before we go there! Then, in Fishman Island, it will be the first and the last time Luffy ever did crap with it! I'll hype him up good that way, and I'll leave it at that afterwards because the New World is too strong."

Okay now I really don't want to offend you though. I do get where you are coming from. But it simply can't be useless in the New World. Otherwise why would it be so special to have it, aside from letting people know that you're extraordinarily special. It either has use which we have not seen yet, or when Luffy hones his skill more he can take out bigger shots with it, but either way as I said, it wouldn't be there for no reason.
    I am currently on an English education, meaning that I would like to get my English as good as possible.
    If I make any mistakes in my posts, grammatically or with spelling, or even if I could phrase something better, feel free to point it out to me! (over PM maybe)

wasnt`t it just because they were farther away? it reminded me of shanks boarding whitbeards ship. Marco said to the fother that they should stand back because they wouldn`t be able to stand the pressure. i think the farther away the targets the harder it gets

Quote Originally Posted by bepo View Post
    wasnt`t it just because they were farther away? it reminded me of shanks boarding whitbeards ship. Marco said to the fother that they should stand back because they wouldn`t be able to stand the pressure. i think the farther away the targets the harder it gets
    Quote Originally Posted by IlanZ View Post
    Oda confirmed in a SBS that Shanks and Rayleigh could have knocked all 100.000 Fishmen with their own CoC.

D: Luffy's haoshoku haki was able to affect 50,000 men, but how many would Shanks and the others be able to defeat? P.N. Captain Nobuo
    O: In exactly the same place and exact same situation as Luffy, Shanks or Rayleigh may have been capable of knocking out all 100,000. In a different setting, you can't really compare just by asking "how many people". Being able to knock an enemy out with haki depends entirely on having an overwhelming power gap between the two. In Luffy's case the point is the number of people that were so weak that they were not even worth him fighting. If there were 100,000 to-some-extent-strong-willed pirates before him, it's possible that he wouldn't even be able to knock out a single one. On a related note, as one's proficiency with haoshoku advances, it's even possible to target a few people in a crowd to NOT knock out.
    So, according to Oda, 50.000 of the Fishman Pirates who didn't get knocked out were worth fighting to Luffy.

He never mentions range.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 26th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    The hate towards Fishman Island was (greatly) bigger indeed, but I've seen some shit going around about PH too, yes.

If you want some examples:

Spoiler:
    "Started off really boring" <--- (there was a fucking dragon. what was wrong with this dude?)
    "Pacing was bad" <--- (don't explicitly remember a post like this but it's probably been said!)
    "Yeti Cool Brothers were fucking lame" <--- (They're Yetis. They're cool. They're brothers. They were nice :C)
    "Most shit happened off-screen" <--- (who was this dude again? I think it was in fact in this very chapter thread or maybe the previous one.... worst of all IMO. seriously name one thing aside from Sanji vs. Vergo being cut off. I don't remember everything from PH but it couldn't have been like this, right?)
    "There were a lot of chapters of just running" <--- (wasn't a bad thing to me. But this is the only one I can halfly agree with, in a sense that I could understand people being a bit annoyed by it)

Oh and some people got mad about the 6 hour break between Shinokuni happening to you and actually dying. But this is actually a good thing if you consider you can let it loose on an island and ask ransom money in order to give out a cure. Which is what the weapon would mostly be used for.

EDIT: How could I forget this?? This post was the main reason I made the meme:

^ Some shit I remember being said. The only real problem I had with it was Kinemon getting out of his poisoned state for no reason. That was never actually explained right??
    Oh yeah. I remember reading that and thinking it would be cleared up in the following chapter and then... nothing.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

I think One Piece represents that very well.

But it obviously has a range. People in east blue don't get knocked out every time someone uses CoC. I'm pretty sure the power weakens the farther away you are.

On top of that CoC will most likely turn out as something useful. At the moment there's not much use for it.

Luffy doesn't have the same range as Reileigh or Shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuUser7 View Post
    Oh yeah. I remember reading that and thinking it would be cleared up in the following chapter and then... nothing.
    Well fuckadoodle.
    I was hoping for one of you guys to totally point something out to me that I missed which magically explains everything. Apparently we really didn't get jack squad?

Well to be fair, what do we even know of Kinemon or the Samurai of Wano in general? Who knows, it MIGHT get explained later.... Otherwise it's the greatest asspull I've ever seen Oda do. Then it'd just be being lazy with writing. "Yea I need to free him but I don't know how. I'll just thaw him out for no reason."
    Knowing Oda, he wouldn't do something like that though (yes, there was Pell, but I feel he was a different case still), I'm just gonna hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestSwordsman View Post
    Luffy doesn't have the same range as Reileigh or Shanks.
    That ain't what she said.

R.I.P BFBC2
    Salute! A hero.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information