+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Katzztar's Korner

Default Re: Katzztar's Korner

Okay, I've seen some people have the idea that Capone may be allied with Law & Luffy, then there is Kid's alliance. That is 6 of the Worst Generation right there. I was wondering there was anyone we didn't see in ch. 793
    I began to wonder about rest of that group ... and after a few minutes remember that each of those two groups have 4, not (that's if Capone is part of one)3, members of the Worst Generation. Time for me to make a list to refresh my memory of who's who in the Worst Generation

Worst Generation - contains those first known as 11 Supernova and then Blackbeard

1. Monkey D Luffy, Capt. of Strawhat Pirates - part of Strawhat-Law Pirate Alliance
    2. Trafalgar D Water Law, Capt. of Heart Pirates - part of Strawhat-Law Pirate Alliance
    3. Roronoa Zoro, member of Strawhats - part of Strawhat-Law Pirate Alliance

4. Capone Bege, Capt. of Firetank Pirates - suspected member of Strawhat-Law Pirate Alliance

5. Eustass Kidd, Capt. of Kidd Pirates - part of KHA pirate alliance
    6. Killer, member of Kidd Pirates - part of KHA pirate alliance
    7. Basil Hawkins, Capt. of Hawkins Pirates - part of KHA pirate alliance
    8. Apoo, capt. of On Air Pirates - part of KHA pirate alliance

9. Blackbeard, Capt. of Blackbeard Pirates - now a Yonkou

10. X Drake, possible former Capt. of Drake Pirates - now allied or joined up with Yonkou Kaidoh's crew
    I said 'possibly former' because there seems to be two possible routes when joining up with a Yonkou -
    a)former crew is absorbed into Yonkou's crew =Spade Pirates when Ace joined up with WB
    b) remain Capt. of own crew and is simply allied to Yonkou =Fishman Pirates with Big Mom

11. Urouge, Capt. of Fallen Monks Pirates - been approached by unknown person

12. Jewlery Bonney, Possibly former Capt. of Bonney Pirates- last two times seen she was alone and in hiding, unknown if she has a crew, last crew she was with pre-timeskip were captured with her by BB, then likely arrested by Akainu

... so yeah we did see nearly all of Worst Generation, only BB wasn't seen. But he's wasn't one of the 11 Supernova.
    Hmmm most of the group has either joined forces with each other in alliance (7, possibly 8) or have part in the 4 Emperors, only 2 not associated with anyone else = Urouge and Bonney.

And this chapter hints that Urogue may not be alone for long.

I suspect that the mysterious stranger that appeared on that sky island (how they get up there anyway?) may be a representative of an emperor wanting to recruit him (be funny if it was one of Shanks crew just for the confrontations with another group of WorstGen. Not likely but one can hope) or someone approaching for an alliance.

Then there is Bonney who seems to be on the run and in hiding. She also seems to approve of the Luffy-Law Pirate alliance (contrast to her strong dislike pre-timeskip). Hmmm If its true she's in hiding and on the run, then she would do well to join up with someone.

I do not think that Urouge and Bonney will be solo for much longer (story-wise , that is, after all, it can take a year to show just one day story-wise)
    Last edited by Katzztar; July 10th, 2015 at 02:57 PM.

Out of the East Blue villains, hmmm Wow ... looking at the various East Blue arcs, we have seen the return of many of the villain/opponents!

Arc = named villians/opponent (main ones underlined) : fate, when(if) seen again

1. Romance Dawn arc = Hiiguma : died, when eaten by a sea king

- Axe-Hand Morgan appears between arcs, but does reappear in the Cobymeppo cover arc.

2. Orange Town arc= Buggy, Cajabi, Mohji, Richie : Buggy separated from crew met up with Alvida who helped him reunite w/crew, seen in cover arc. Crew encountered SHs again story-wise in Lougetown.

3. Syrup Village arc = Kuro, Jango, Butchi & Siam : Kuro never seen again. Jango separated from Kuro pirates, befriends Fullbody & joins Marines under Capt. Hina in cover story. Jango shows up story-wise end of Arabastra when Hina tries to capture SHs.

4. Baratie arc = Don Krieg, Gin, Pearl, Mihawk ; The Don Kreig armada not seen since, Mihawl reappear in-story several times

5. Arlong Park arc = Arlong, Hatchi, Chew, Kurobi = Hatchi gets his own cover arc then becomes ally to SHs in SA arc. Others are seen only in a flashback

6. Lougetown arc = Buggy, Smoker, Tashigi : all are seen later and reappear frequently in-story.
    Note= I didn’t include Alvida or Fullbody, even though they did reappear as they were not a real fight/opposition

Out of 6 arcs, 5 have at least one villain that reappears. #1 doesn’t since he’s dead. Three arcs have 2 or 3 named players, while one 'big bad' doesn't appear, another does (Mihawk) or has a subornate reappear (Jango, Hatchi)

I want to say that this means we will see Kuro or Don Krieg again but no. I can’t say that because of 99% those that reappeared have done so in in cover arcs first. (Mihawk excluded, he first reappeard at end of a story arc visiting Shanks) And neither Kuro & Don Krieg have done so. If they were going to get a cover story, I’d think they’d have it already…though Oda could surprise me.

Ironcally, this also suggest its possible we may see Morgan again, since those that reapper in cover stories seem to reappear in-story … just look at ch 801 – Lucci, Kaku & Spandam are back!
    … so we could see Enel as well ;)

What's funny is that I never really thought that we would see Enel again in-story ... but this changes my mind!

I've mentioned it before, seems this series of From the Decks of the World seems to focus on the homeland/family of the crew instead of main people they've met in each arc.
    Instead of what order someone joined, its showing the locations in order they appear in the manga, so Syrup Village (Usopp) was shown first before Cocoyashi (Nami).

Seen=
    1-ch.806 Foosha village (Luffy) - saw Makino, Woop Slap & Dadan
    2-ch.807 Shimotsuki village (Zoro) Koshiro and 2 unnamed guys that were Zoro fellow students
    3-ch.808 Syrup Village, (Usopp) - saw Kaya & the Usopp Pirate boys

up coming=
    4- Baratie, ( Sanji) we'll likely see Patty & Carne in same image with Zeff,
    5- Cocoyashi(sp?) (Nami) Nokijko & Ganzo & maybe Doc

(note on Vivi below)

6- Sakura Kingdom, drum island (Chopper) - Kureha & Dalton
    7- Water 7 (Franky) this isn't gonna be so simple. There's Iceburg but then the Franky Family... who to show and who not? I'd think main ones would be the Square Sisters and Zambei (sp?)
    8- For Robin....Now here's a good question... who would they show? There is no homeland or family (foster or otherwise) for Robin so the pattern breaks. Maybe would show Dragon & Koala?
    9-For Brook, well we don't know his childhood or home island so that's out. Only past characters to link to him are Laboon & Crocus. I'm sure we'll see the Lighthouse at Twin Cape.

One thing I'm not sure on is if we'll get to see Vivi or not as she was a 'un-official' member for so long...and has been main source for update/info on the Reverie. If we do see her, it would be before Chopper's home.

Zou will not be destroyed.
    I don't think Jack will succeed in killing Zoshina and destroying the mink's homeland.
    In all of the OP storyline, time and time again some island/kingdom/home is threatened=
    - by villians ruling the land = Arlong-Conomi Islands, Enel-Skypeia, Doffy-Dressrosa
    - by villians trying to take over = Crocodile-Alabasta, Hody Jones-FI
    - some random acts by invaders= Buggy -Orange Town .(This doesn't fit the above since Buggy wasn't trying to rule over the townsfolk, he was just raiding it) Don Krieg-Baratie (doesn't fit above as he wanted to steal it to use as a disguised pirate ship, not rule over the cooks)

While these locations received some damage and some areas may have been destroyed, the full region of the island/kingdom/town/home wasn't destroyed. Even in Skypeia, while Angel island and Shandian's village was destroyed, rest of Skypeia, including Upper Yard wasn't and the people were able to stay in the region.

Only twice were locations destroyed in OP that we've seen = Ohara and Enies Lobby. Both were separate circumstances than the above locations as they were destroyed not by a villain(as far as civilians & Marines see it. Many readers disagree) or rebel forces. They were destroyed by the Marines using the Buster Call , idealistically(on the Marine's side of viewing it) it was to deal with criminal issues
    Ohara was destroyed due to the threat of the Historians investigating events of the Void Century and reading the Ponyglyphs. Both acts are illegal.
    Enies Lobby was destroyed in attempt to deal with the SHs. Sure Spandam accidentally hit it. But the Marines did view the SHs as criminals (well they were, as both pirates and invading EL) so the view fits.
    Also EL wasn't home to any friends of the SHs. While Ohara was, Robin's home was destroyed in the past and we saw it only in a flashback.

Zou doesn't fit pattern of locations destroyed by the Buster call but does fit as a location that had random act of violence by invaders.
    Some may think my reasoning is flawed, others won't like it because it counters their view of the island being destroyed.
    Don't really care (unless someone gives good (read intelligent and can back it up) counters to flaws) its my opinion of why I think Jack will ultimately fail in killing Zoshina and destroy Zou.

Okay, new theory time! It's been a while since I had a theory to post.
    It took some time and input from HatchBe, PineLark, Hudell, & uniaka ikuzakas in the general discussion thread for ch 822 to finalize this. Thank you guys (and gals if it be) for telling me when I was wrong and helping me clairify my reasoning for this theory

Usopp will be first SH (beyond Luffy) to meet the WB pirates as he will join Nekomamushi to search for Marco.

AS of ch. 822 we know that the SHs will be splitting up. Three will go with Luffy to retrieve Sanji, Zoro to Wano, but what about the others?

Team - mission = known members (possible members)

Luffy's team - to go retrieve Sanji = Luffy, Nami, Chopper & Brook + Pekoms and Pedro (possible Carrot)

Kinemon's team - to go to Wano = Zoro + Law and Kinemon (possible Robin)

Inurashi team - to stay on Zou & protect Momo - ?unknown if any SHs on team + Inu, Momo and Sicilian (possible Franky)

Nekomaumushi's team - to search for Marco - members unknown except for Nekomamushi himself (possible Usopp)

Explanation on possibilities :

Carrot= Everyone is pointing out the obvious here, but to clairify for newcomers. Carrot was the one to say going to Whole Cake Island with Luffy "sounds fun!" and while we see the named minks in ch.822 seeing Luffy & co off, Carrot is glaringly missing. Seems pretty easy bet to say she's snuck away to join the team.

Robin= Thanks to Hudell & uniaka ikuzakas for pointing out that Robin said she wanted to see the ponyglyph on Wano. So she's likely going to join with Zoro going there.

Franky= In ch. 822 he said that he would make some den den mushis. However, he said that to Kinemon's comment of how would the 4 separate teams stay in contact. So he will need to do that before they leave. ITs possible he only makes four before the others set out, then stays behind to make more and possible weapons to use against Kaido.
    UPDATE= on rereading ch 822 Franky does say he will (not possibly but will) "build some weapons to deal with Kaidou." So seems most likely he will stay at Zou and not go with Zoro to Wano.

Usopp = If its correct on Robin & Franky, then this leaves only one SH unaccounted for, Usopp, to join Nekomamushi's team. And I do find it a tad odd that it says Nekomamushi's team, but only show Nekomamsuhi's face. One may be tempted to say he would go alone but the page says 'team' as in more than one.

Beyond the obvious choice of having at least one SH with each team, I have a reason to hope for Usopp to actually join Nekomamushi

WB commander Vista and Yasopp (Usopp's dad) have some sort of grudge with each other. It would amuse me if WB pirates recognize Usopp as the son of Yasopp. This recognition of being the son of a famous pirate is one thing that's been missing for some time. I mean Luffy of all people recognized Usopp as looking similar to Yasopp. So why not others?
    Only once was there a enemy/rival of Yasopp to recognize Usopp as son of Yasopp, that was Daddy Masterson. Yes that was anime, but it was originally written for manga but Oda cut it out at last moment to 'make time' so the crew would reach Grand Line by ch 100.
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 29th, 2016 at 03:01 AM.

I wrote this before we saw that yes indeed Carrot did go with Luffy. But as I said, Carrot was obvious as the clues lead up to that.
    I hope I'm right about the others. I wonder how long we will have to wait to see them.

On rereading the last few page of ch 822, I need to add that Franky said he would build some weapons to deal with Kaidou, so yeah that strengthens the idea he stays in Zou.

THis time something of the real world instead of One Piece.

So the other night I was remembering how Richard Nixon had the nickname "Tricky Dick" and got to thinking what would be a good nickname for Donald Trump that describes the disgust many have for him? Obviously "The Donald" is out as Trump uses that himself and so do his supporters. Any suggestions?

Dastardly Donald ........................................(suggested by myself)
    Little Donnie Deadbeat ................................(Ubiq)
    Donald Dick .............................................. (Jabberwok)
    Don the Con
    Last edited by Katzztar; November 26th, 2016 at 08:15 AM.

The only thing that comes to my mind is Donald the Dump Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    The only thing that comes to my mind is Donald the Dump Truck.
    LOL I'll still add it to the list. I think I'm going to have a fun time making up a poll ;)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Okay site's acting wonky and wont let me edit post with the list, so here is a new one=

Dastardly Donald ........................................(suggested by myself)
    Little Donnie Deadbeat ................................(Ubiq)
    Donald Dick .............................................. (Jabberwok)
    Don the Con ..............................................(int ernet)
    Conny Don ............................................... (benjamminbrown)
    Donald the Dump Truck.............................. .(The Franky Tank)
    Donny the Tiger ......................................... (KageKageKing)
    The World's Ugliest Oompa Loompa ................(FF.N)
    Donald, the Dorito with a wig .........................(Captain Ugly)
    Cheetos Demon ..............................................(Sam antha Bee)
    Orange faced Caligula .......................................(internet)

Got a suggestion, go ahead and tell me! I'm thinking of making a poll to see which nickname is more popular after getting some more descriptive names.
    Last edited by Katzztar; November 27th, 2016 at 08:49 AM.

Donny The Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Donny The Tiger?
    Added... though whats the story behind that one? Others I get , but tiger.... ohhhh wait is it because his adulterous ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Added... though whats the story behind that one? Others I get , but tiger.... ohhhh wait is it because his adulterous ways?
    Let's just say I was thinking of Steven Universe.

Donald, the Dorito with a wig ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Well I made the poll, but it got shut down same day. I PMed, RoboBlue to ask why =
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar
    I have a question on why my poll was shut down. You didn't contact me to say what rule I broke. There was only "No politics outside of the politics thread/news thread please" as the last post.

Why is that? It was not talking about politics or news. It was a poll on a nickname for a celebrity. Yes, Trump is president-elect but we were not discussing politics. So its not a case of "topic is was covered in thread x". It was a simple poll for some light-hearted fun, I saw no heated dissuasions.
    I looked to see if there a rule or a sub-forum if it should be elsewhere. and couldn't find any. I mean we have threads for religion and LGBTQ thread even though they get covered repeatedly in both politics and news. So really why can't we have a simple poll to vote on a nickname for Donald Trump? Sorry but without understanding why it was closed, it sounds like censorship.

I understand it getting closed if there was any heated argument but there none, nor was it a replica of another thread. Does it not fit general discussion since its just a poll and should be creatity thread? I had thought about putting in my Korner thread but didn't see the option of creating a poll after already creating a thread. But now, I'm glad I didn't since I don't want that thread to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue

It's a rule that the staff have discussed for a while, but it hadn't been put into the official rules yet so I don't want to punish you for it. This isn't really your fault at all, but it is my fault that the rule hasn't been officially stated yet, and I apologize.

More specifically, I was seriously concerned that either:
    A.) People would use it to bash Trump, and permitting that would make the forum a more intolerant place.
    or
    B.) Left wingers and Right wingers would end up fighting and the thread would have to be closed anyway, after a lot of drama and hurt feelings.

I know it's popular to hate on Trump in general now that he's said all of those horrible things, but that's what the politics thread is for. If someone had started a similar thread about Hillary, I or one of the staff would have done the same thing.
    I created the poll as a fun way to express our annoyances at Trump, (frankly we are already bashing Trump in the election thread sooo it wasn't really new) but as RoboBlue pointed out, it had the potential for dispute and go south badly. So I will abide by mods verdict and not try to recreate a poll.
    Last edited by Katzztar; December 12th, 2016 at 10:43 AM.

I like this thread and the name, keep it up ^^ It's cool to have your own little korner.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I like this thread and the name, keep it up ^^ It's cool to have your own little korner.
    Thank you
    After getting asked quite a few times if I had one location where I put my OP theories and ideas, I finally created this thread. But I decided to have it in the creativity forum instead of general discussion (as that usually have threads for a specific topic) so it could cover a broad area of topics, and not just the OP theories and wanted the thread title to reflect that.

Sorrry Folks this one isn't about One Piece.

Any fans of Supernatural here?

Warning it you this may contain spoilers due to being based on last week's episode s13e30 Unfinished Business.
    But as the episode has aired I'm not hiding it behind spoiler tags.

Back out now if you haven't seen the episode yet and don't want to be spoiled.

Ever since season 5 (or earlier) we have known that Loki that appeared in ... season 3 I think... was the Archangel Gabriel.
    What was not clear was if there was a deity named Loki or if Gabriel created the name and myth.
    Even in season 5's episode "Hammer of the Gods" did not clear it up.

As of s13e20, we have a answer at long last. And wow! The actor Richard Speight Jr. is very talented. Not only is he directing this episode, his acting... wow

Okay I admit it I was a bit disappointed as I hoped that Gabriel was always Loki, that there was no other being that was Loki. Opposed to the theory Gabriel took over the identity of Loki somehow.

When the spoilers for this episode first came out all was said was Gabriel wanted revenge against demi-gods that sold him to Asmodeus. At first, I had wondered if it was the other Norse gods, like Tyr, Frigga ect, to get revenge due to Odin's death. Then days before the episode aired, two names were leaked =Fenrir & Narfi. I grew excited as they are sons of Loki. Then I hoped it was that Gabriel was always Loki and these were his sons. Think of it of twinking Lucifer's nose as he then wouldn't be the first archangel to reproduce.

Well episode cleared the air, There is a Loki that is separate from Gabriel. They met eons ago and both wanted to lay low so Loki taught Gabriel "how to wear his face" and play the role of Loki. Then the death of Odin happened and Loki wanted revenge. It was he and his sons that captured Gabriel by betraying his trust and binding him when he guard was down, then sold him to the Prince of Hell.

The following is a few reviews I've given elsewhere.

While I liked the real Loki, I don't feel sorry for him. He brought it on himself by betraying Gabriel. In the end it didn't matter if Gabriel went to that hotel that the meeting of the gods was in or not. Even if Gabriel did not go, Lucifer would have still killed Odin.
    Besides I really believe that Kali & Baldur are the ones that caused the Winchesters and Gabriel to be there. Kali wanted to steal Gabriel's blade to use against Lucifer.
    So really Loki should have blamed Baldur & Kali, not Gabriel for Odin's death.

He didn't because the old idea of blood feud - it was Lucifer, Gabriel's brother who killed Odin, so Loki shifted blame to Gabriel since he was related to Lucifer.

And yes Gabriel did have to kill them. Not because of the rage and betrayal Gabriel felt. But because of the blood feud, if they found out Gabriel was free, they would have came after him again.

It was Baldur, Kali (they responsible for Gabe & boys being there) and Mercury (he was the traitor that called Luci) for Odin's death. But Loki went for the blood feud route. But I can't really blame him for that considering that blood feuds was part of the old world culture, even for Vikings and the Aesir.
    That is proven when (in myths) the gods punish Loki's youngest sons, Narfi & Vali, for Loki's offences to them.

One interesting thing is what Gabriel called Fenrir = "Fenrir Odinsbane", not "Fenrir Lokison" . By using the keening of Odinsbane means the prophesy of Ragnarök was likely valid, meaning that Loki's own son was prophesied to kill Odin.
    Yet entire reason Loki said he betrayed Gabriel was because he didn't want his father dead. ....

Another interesting tidbit, its was revealed that Gabriel found Loki bound in a cave, with a snake spitting in his eye. Also Narfi is shown along with the other sons of Loki... except one. No mention of Vali.

Children of Loki= Sleipnir, Jormangr(Sp? The world serpent),Fenrir(also spelled Fafnir and Fenris). Hel, Narfi and Vali

For those not familiar to the myths= when the gods captured Loki, they brought his 2 sons by Sigyn, Narfi & Vali forth. (interesting to note, there is no crime or prophesy to these two, they were innocents, the only "crime" would be they are Loki's sons) They transformed Narfi into a wolf and had him attack & kill his brother Vali, whose entrails they draped over Loki then turned them into iron binding Loki in a cave, which they then hung a serpent above to drip poison down on him. It was Loki's struggling in agony that cause earthquakes and was said to be bound until Ragnarök.

That part of how Gabriel found him and only 4 of 5 sons are mentioned or shown seem to imply that the myth part happened and Vali is dead. Some may point out it could be that this is different from myths due to fact, that unlike in myths, Sleipnir isn't bound by a magical tack & brindle, Fenrir & Jor were not bound. BUT it could be they got free at a later date, after all, Gabriel freed Loki "eons ago" so Loki could have freed his sons.

I still want to know where is Loki's daughter, Hel?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information