+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2593

Thread: Steven Universe

Default Re: Steven Universe

Blood Diamond seems nice, what's the problem?

Is this out on September second? In tv where I can... find it... faster than if it was a theatric release? Awesome.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Great movie.

Spoiler:
    The soundtrack for the movie was really good. Also I didn't expect Steven and Greg to fuse.

Yeah this movie was pretty damn amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The movie was amazing.

Spoiler:
    -All the songs were top notch, not that I expect anything less from SU.
    -The animation on Spinel, especially during her introduction, was incredible.
    -Steven + Greg fusion was an awesome surprise

So is this is it for SU? As far as I know, they still haven't announced that the show has officially ended, which is...kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The movie was amazing.

Spoiler:
    -All the songs were top notch, not that I expect anything less from SU.
    -The animation on Spinel, especially during her introduction, was incredible.
    -Steven + Greg fusion was an awesome surprise

So is this is it for SU? As far as I know, they still haven't announced that the show has officially ended, which is...kinda weird.
    Rebecca confirms that the movie isn't the end of Steven Universe in a article in the New York Times yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/01/a...?module=inline

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Pink is still the worst.

Loved Spinel from her songs to character and backstory and animations both pre/post memory wipe. Iím kinda sad sheís going to live with the Diamonds given their unhealthy obsession with Pink...but hopefully they all become better over time, but donít know how they will without someone to guide them to be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    White Diamond giving off Power Grandma Energy and good lord is Greg the only thing Pink didn't screw up?

What a jolly good movie.
    Spoiler:
    Pink had the ability to ALWAYS screw things in front of her. That's how Steven was born after all. r/pinkfuckedahuman.
    And what about Steg hum...more like stallion. He could impregnate every gem in a mile with a wink, the old universe charm got too powerful, please nerf it Sucrose.

Spoiler:
    That smile as she walked away makes Pink Diamond the worst person in this series by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Spoiler:
    good lord is Greg the only thing Pink didn't screw up?
    Spoiler:
    Would he have stayed in Beach City if Steven hadn't been born or would he have continued on with his music career?
    Complicating things since 2009.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Spoiler:
    saw someone on another board suggest calling the Greg/Steven fusion "Multiverse". A better name than Steg anyway. Reminds me of a pervy webcomic I read...
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Spoiler:
    saw someone on another board suggest calling the Greg/Steven fusion "Multiverse". A better name than Steg anyway. Reminds me of a pervy webcomic I read...
    Spoiler:
    Ooooh do you read the Rock Cocks, too? Because that Steg is also the best.

That entire fucking movie, though. It's an incredible achievement. The animation, the music, the writing. The plot is very tightly-written and made me care very deeply about the all new character. There's a lot to process. Like jesus the soundtrack is 69 (nice) minutes long, which is already most of the movie framed in song, and each one was incredible. I think the villain song and the Steg track were my favorites, but I'm going to need a few hundred listens to really get my thoughts in order.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Okay, so my thoughts about the antagonist's backstory and her relationship with a certain other character:
    Spoiler:
    Spinel's story is...wow, that's dark. Poor thing. That flashback montage song was super effective at making you go from "What is this chick's problem?" to "Oh god, that's so horrible, the feels!" And I also felt a lump in my throat at the end of the fight when Spinel broke down and was like "I don't even know why I'm fighting you, I just wanna be a friend."

After "A Single Pale Rose" showed how selfish and insensitive Pink Diamond could be, episodes after that made a few steps towards at least explaining some of that, and showing that she was flawed but still mostly well-meaning, but this definitely was a reflection of her most negative traits.

However, while what Pink Diamond did to Spinel was objectively horrible and I'm not trying to absolve her of the blame for what happened in any way, in terms of how this works with what we already knew about Pink's character: I think it's also important to remember that this was when Pink was still in her most "Homeworld" mindset, of wanting to be seen as an "adult" Diamond and not just a kid anymore. From a Diamond's perspective, she outgrew Spinel, who was one of the "trinkets" that the other Diamonds gave her when they were still treating her like a child, and didn't think about how Spinel would feel about that (which is in line with how she always had a tendency to be selfish and insensitive even if she wasn't trying to be). With the way the Diamonds raised her, she was probably raised to think that she didn't need to care about how Spinel would feel about that.

So yeah, basically, this reinforces the idea that all of the Diamonds kind of used to suck and be awful rulers and really not good people, and while Pink may have been marginally better than the other three, she still wasn't great either. Hell, the very first time we ever actually saw her (as Pink, not Rose), which was also back in the "Homeworld" days, she was throwing a temper tantrum about not getting her own colony, and she was pretty strained with Pearl at first. Her character development really got kick-started thanks to Pearl, which led to their master-and-slave dynamic (which Pink didn't like) changing and becoming something better, as opposed to Spinel, with whom she had a similar relationship pre-development, and as such, that never changed and Spinel got the shaft. Still awful, and Spinel's pain and heartbreak was completely understandable and justified.

On a slightly different note, I can understand why they did it, but these "remember the new guy" scenarios where there's suddenly a new character introduced who is/once was super close with an old character but you've never had any hint before that (s)he existed is still always kinda jarring, haha.

And other miscellaneous thoughts:

Spoiler:
    • That Connie smooch for Steven tho
    • I loved the reversal of how things originally went between Sapphire and Ruby, with the former saving the latter this time. And how, once again, they were clearly attracted to each other just by spending time together...I watched that part like four times, it was so cute. They are the soul-est of soulmates.
    • OMG, Steg! That was awesome, and Greg finally got to fuse.
    • Finally, a VOICED Opal appearance! For the first time since...season 1? Yayz! Also, just the way Amethyst and Pearl fused to her, and were holding hands when they unfused. They've come so far.
    • The way all the Crystal Gems got their memory back was sweet. And I also kinda appreciated that, just like how Amethyst was the first of them Steven fused with, she was also the first who recovered her memories.
    • I cracked up super hard at the part where Garnet's like "we should get him water, staying hydrated is important when it comes to smooching".
    • Also, I was chuckling again at the Diamonds at the end. They kiiiiiiiinda suck at this, lulz (change takes time, after all), but they're very obviously trying, and it's sweet. Them adopting Spinel was cute, as was their <3 with their hands as they were leaving.
    • That little moment of Lars and Sadie being together right at the end made me smile.
    Hidden:

Yeah, TV movies about a series usually doesn't do it for me, but I loved it.

Spoiler:
    Seriously, I was just gonna watch it out of fan obligation. Very little expectations. What can I say? It was the best TV movie I've seen since...I don't know when. Spinel ranks as one of the best characters in the series. The way we learned about her old self was smart. I love her voice (Huge props to her voice actor on making her voice distinct between her old goofy and new serious self), her design, her powers, everything.

I really appreciate the show never shying away from how horrible Pink Diamond can be. Such a change from the typical Parent is Awesome shonen trope I've seen too many times. The Diamonds still are somewhat spoiled is fun to watch. But, I guess we'll never talk about the countless civilizations they destroyed over thousands of years. That really needs to be addressed at some point. And, what about the human zoo? Is that still a thing?

The songs were better than I expected. I'm all over the place when it comes to SU songs but most of the movie ones were great. The Greg/Steven fuse was a welcomed surprise. Still waiting for the Peridot/Lapis fusion.

Great plot, great animation (well, it was better than the show), great everything. And, Lars was barely in it! Another great point.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post

Spoiler:
    But, I guess we'll never talk about the countless civilizations they destroyed over thousands of years. That really needs to be addressed at some point. And, what about the human zoo? Is that still a thing?
    Spoiler:
    Yeah talking openly about genocide is a touchy thing that would require tanuki sized balls to shove it down the executives throats. About the zoo...what can you do with them? It's not like they can be reintroduced in society, they had a nervous breakdown from having their beliefs slightly challenged. The mercy thing would'be put them down create a "Kindergarten" planet where a mother gem teaches society to them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually:
    Spoiler:

This put things less in a genocidal way and more in countdown to extinction way.

Spoiler:

Again with the bio-centric morality on the diamonds? It is a good thing that they care about life now, and that there wasn't another race of sneeple ready to pounce at their part of the galaxy. Like a race of sentient rocks appearing and condemning us because we dare to use granite, live in houses of stone and eat salt, a hard stop is kinda even beyond the power of sentient life to archieve.

I like Universe++ better, but Multiverse is great. Steg sounds like a dinosaur cartoon. The internet will have a field day with him.

Well, pink becomes even worse. Are we going to find another of her victims again?

Very good movie. Closure for everything. Except Jasper.

SW-4128-8032-0729

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Fantastic movie, it was worth the wait! :)
    I loved everything about it.

Spoiler:

Damnit rose, you are almost at Gendo level, with almost no malice!

SW-4128-8032-0729

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Steven: Was this your world?
    Thanos: It was. And it was beautiful. Until Pink Diamond left.
    Steven: God damn it, not again.

Where can you watch it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information