+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Weird Habits

Default Re: Your Weird Habits

Yay I like threads like these...

- Can't really go to sleep unless I roll up in a cocoon in my blanket.
    - Jam to my music while I'm jogging -- as in, instead of using one hand to help me jog, I'll use one of them to tap to the beat -- to assure myself I'm in the zone.
    - I feel uncomfortable if I'm not constantly tapping my leg or my fingers. Honestly, this can make it really hard to read my laptop or a book, since it's shaking constantly.
    - I like to live life being happy and not letting corruption of government etc. cloud the big picture for me.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Strelоk View Post
    I post on Arlong Park Forums.
    Oh, you. You so crazy.

I really don't like my beard hairs. The fact that they're so stiff and so much darker than my regular hair just...bothers me. It's for that reason that I pull them out one by one just about every day.

I get goosebumps if I touch papers if I think they're "too dry". Whenever I do, I feel a sudden urge to just drop them and not pick them back up.

This is one I just started doing recently: I tend to slip in and out of various British accents. I'll just start talking in my normal voice, and then say something in a Yorkshire, Cockney, or Scottish accent. Sometimes it's deliberate, sometimes it's accidental. Doing this enough times has taught me that I can actually do a bitchin' Jon Snow impression.

I love playing guessing games with people, even when there's no good reason for it. I guess I just enjoy leaving folks in suspense, or something along those lines.
    Last edited by korobka; June 18th, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

I do various things while I'm deep in thought - chew my lips, twirl pens, fiddle endlessly with my hair - but I guess one of the weirder things is that I sometimes rub the two moles on my forehead.

If I have to get up at night to use the bathroom, I don't put lights on anywhere. I retain my feeling of still being tired that way.

98% of the time I only use my index fingers when I type on a keyboard. Many of my friends have said that it looks silly.

I'm obsessed with having clean ears and use cotton buds several times a day. I also carry a piece of toilet paper or tissue with me so I can secretly wipe my ears if I feel they're dirty.

When I go to sleep, I wrap the blanket carefully around myself but pull it away from my stomach, chest and throat. I dunno, it feels kinda icky if something is constantly pressed against them.

-------

Those are just some I came up with off the top of my head.

I can't stand hair inside a shirt, so before I put one on I always turn it inside out and hold it up to the light and make sure there isn't even one tiny little hair or fuzz.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Sometimes I feel my hands aren't moist enough and I have to make them wet somehow
    Holy crap, I do the exact same thing. The dryness just irritates me, I don't know why.

When i have my mouth dry, I use the tongue to moist the lips and then use the shirt to clean it again going in a repetive cycle.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Holy crap, I do the exact same thing. The dryness just irritates me, I don't know why.
    It's because you and I are beings beyond men

I mentioned this elsewhere but I have the habbit of rubbing my head/forehead against stuff to get sweat off when I'm realy sweaty, even walls or windshields.

I highlight text constantly when I'm reading on the inernet
    I fart a lot

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I fart a lot
    Not a Habit - an indication of digestive issues.

I practice debates or conversations when driving alone if there is nothing to listen to.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    - Jam to my music while I'm jogging -- as in, instead of using one hand to help me jog, I'll use one of them to tap to the beat -- to assure myself I'm in the zone.
    - I feel uncomfortable if I'm not constantly tapping my leg or my fingers. Honestly, this can make it really hard to read my laptop or a book, since it's shaking constantly.
    The former is sorta what I tend to do when I walk. I can't help but use my hands to match the beat, and sometimes I just flail my arms around like a maniac. So many people stop to see if I'm okay...

The latter might be an ADHD thing or a restlessness thing. I am almost completely incapable of staying still in any situation, so yeah.

---

@korobka: Yeah, I have a similar habit where I just pluck my hairs out all day and I feel really self-conscious because I'll have bald patches on my arms or legs or face and it makes me feel all awkward.

i can`t stand it to be in the dark, i have to put on the lights in the room i am in. Even when I`m watching a movie or gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Not a Habit - an indication of digestive issues.

I practice debates or conversations when driving alone if there is nothing to listen to.
    It was a joke, and my farting issues have ended since I stopped eating cafeteria food and pizza constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by bepo View Post
    i can`t stand it to be in the dark, i have to put on the lights in the room i am in. Even when I`m watching a movie or gaming
    I have a similar habit, only that I can't stand open windows at night. I have to make sure that they're closed, or else I'll feel paranoid that someone is watching me.

Also, apparently I make this weird hyper-ghost sound whenever I get really happy/excited.

I'm always fighting the urge to start fiddling with my hair and pens and wiggling and tapping my fingers on stuff or to start tilting my chair or randomly start sprinting when I'm outside because I always feel slightly restless and impulsive.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiee View Post
    When scrolling down a page, I usually position my cursor so that it's horisontal or vertical sides overlap horisontal or vertical lines on the webpage. If it's on a horisontal line, then I scroll down to see if it lands on another line further down.
    Pretty random, but for some reason I've been doing this for years.
    I do this, except I let the cursor rest on top or to the right of lines.

When playing games that don't have voice actors for characters, I read in the voices of characters that they remind me of (example: Chatot in Pokemon mystery dungeon has the voice of Zazu from the Lion King.)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    @korobka: Yeah, I have a similar habit where I just pluck my hairs out all day and I feel really self-conscious because I'll have bald patches on my arms or legs or face and it makes me feel all awkward.
    It's always nice to know that I'm not the only weirdo person who is different out there.

I've thought of two more of the last few days.

- I refuse to willingly kill anything anymore. Flies, roaches, spiders, ants, mosquitoes, silverfish. You name it. If I'm asked to kill it, I'll just pick up with a dust pan or trap it a cup and leave it outside.
    - This isn't a habit as much as it a strange personal preference: I'd much rather listen to bands than solo artists. Even if someone from a group I like does a solo record, I rarely take as much interest in it. There are exceptions, of course, but I definitely gravitate more towards bands about 4/5 times.

Sometimes if I do one thing, I have to do it in the other direction also (e.g. if I move something one way I gotta move it slightly the other way again)
    It's a hard one to describe and it happens randomly.
    There are times where I'm like '@ A @' if I can't.
    I'm gonna have fun driving cause if I steer one way my mind will want me to steer the other way to give the wheel equal turning chances.

Zachri, seems you got OCD too.

Agreed.

I'm started as fuck by lightning.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information