+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Anime - Luffy Special (15th December)

Default One Piece Anime - Luffy Special (15th December)

ワンピース エピソードオブルフィ 〜ハンドアイランドの冒険〜
    One Piece Episode of luffy ~ Hand Island Adventure ~

saw in the close caption:
    『ワンピース エピソード・オブ・ルフィ』 シャンクスとの出会いから 新世界までの冒険
    『One Piece - Episode of Luffy』 Adventure to the New World from the encounter with Shanks

airing the 15 dec 2012 at 9pm (a saturday evening like the nami special)

---

This screenshot come from a capped trailer that aired on fujiTV, i don't bother up the full trailer because it's practically the same than the one that was at the end of the episode 570 (just a different video editing, no new footage)

I guess this is the special episode people talked about in the vol Z thread, and we can assume it's also a 2 hours episode.

EDIT: trailer 2 :

EDIT: trailer 3 :

EDIT: trailer 4 :

EDIT: trailer 5 :

Last edited by Chibi JFZ; December 15th, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

One Piece Concept - French Fansubbing
    http://onepiececoncept.free.fr - #OP-Concept@irc.fansub-irc.eu

Default Re: One Piece Anime - Luffy Special (15th December)

Mixed feelings.

On one hand, I'm excited, as the idea of more old stuff re-animated is cool, but at the same time, I hope this doesn't mean that the next arc is gonna suffer animation-wise like Fishman Island did because of the Nami special.
    New World is best world.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrivire View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean that the next arc is gonna suffer animation-wise like Fishman Island did because of the Nami special.
    The series animation of the series is going to suffer like it does from time to time regardless of this special, if it's already going to be bad filler arc, let it suffer :P

But if the series animation is below average because of lack of work-force, it's completely understandable.
    There is so much new animation this December, some I'm only assuming: Film Z, Z Prequel special, Filler arc, PSP game, New opening sequence, Episode of Luffy, future 'Episode of'.

Was there not more 'Episodes' announced in Jump recently?

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

I guess we're going to have to wait until February 2013 for this to get subbed.

So I guess this is just going to be a reanimation of the Luffy/Shanks flashback?
    Yeah, sure. Why not?

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    There is so much new animation this December, some I'm only assuming: Film Z, Z Prequel special, Filler arc, PSP game, New opening sequence, Episode of Luffy, future 'Episode of'.
    Pretty sure Z prequel, the supposed filler arc and Episode ofLuffy are all the same thing. This is what Jump announced, and the same thing previewed last Sunday after episode 570 (you can see the crew wearing these outfits on it). Other than this, there is no other prequel or filler announced yet. We just weren't sure of how many episodes the tie-in filler would have, but now everything makes sense -it's a special with Oda supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    So I guess this is just going to be a reanimation of the Luffy/Shanks flashback?
    Yeah, sure. Why not?
    I don't think so. It's the movie tie-in, there's a bunch of new designs by Oda (outfits and characters) - and he's overseeing it, so it's an original story.
    Not to mention the title "Hand Island", an unknown place. Luffy's encounter with Shanks will probably just play a part on it.

And that takes me back to Oda's original concept for Strong World. I remember he said in an interview that it would be an "emotional story" connected to Luffy's past, before he scrapped the first script because he wasn't happy with it, and redone the whole thing from scratch (which ended up delaying the movie). Maybe this in an upgraded version?
    Last edited by goty; October 31st, 2012 at 12:55 AM.

Huh. Hand Island? Sounds interesting. I wanna know exactly what's gonna be in this episode and how it ties in.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    I don't keep up with anime news. There was really a filler arc and new opening announced?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    I'm not supposed to be a kid, but I'm an idiot.
    | ( ◡)| & (❍ᴥ❍ʋ )

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I don't keep up with anime news. There was really a filler arc and new opening announced?
    Like i said, Episode of Luffy is what people thought would be the filler arc. But it's a special, and the trailer (below) and new Jump are connecting it to Z.
    This is the only Z tie-in/prequel/whatever announced as of yet.

Maybe there will be a filler arc, but there's no word about it yet.
    No new opening announced either, that's just an assumption since FI is ending.

@Chibi JFZ: maybe you should post this trailer on the 1st post to avoid further confusion..
    Last edited by goty; October 31st, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

lol avril lavigne. And what is with nami's outfit in that trailer. Again

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    Like i said, Episode of Luffy is what people thought would be the filler arc. But it's a special, and the trailer (below) and new Jump are connecting it to Z.
    This is the only Z tie-in/prequel/whatever announced as of yet.

-snip-

Maybe there will be a filler arc, but there's no word about it yet.
    No new opening announced either, that's just an assumption since FI is ending.

@Chibi JFZ: maybe you should post this trailer on the 1st post to avoid further confusion..
    Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    I'm not supposed to be a kid, but I'm an idiot.
    | ( ◡)| & (❍ᴥ❍ʋ )

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    I don't think so. It's the movie tie-in, there's a bunch of new designs by Oda (outfits and characters) - and he's overseeing it, so it's an original story.
    Not to mention the title "Hand Island", an unknown place. Luffy's encounter with Shanks will probably just play a part on it.
    I see. I'm guessing that Hand Island is probably an island that Shanks visited once, and there's probably a character there who he interacted with that will get involved with Straw Hats somehow.

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

Special or arc or whatever, I don't get why Toei doesn't air it on the sunday timeslot, to give themselves precious anime-to-manga buffering space.
    But they propably don't care about that.

When I read "Episode of Luffy" I instantly thought it was going to be a compilation of Luffy's childhood arc (aka Ace, Sabo, Stelly)

Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    When I read "Episode of Luffy" I instantly thought it was going to be a compilation of Luffy's childhood arc (aka Ace, Sabo, Stelly)
    Same here. But a Z movie tie-in? Hm, okay, sounds interesting enough.

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Special or arc or whatever, I don't get why Toei doesn't air it on the sunday timeslot, to give themselves precious anime-to-manga buffering space.
    From a marketing standpoint, the answer is obvious...the 9pm timeslot has a much larger potential viewership, and they're airing this the same day "Z" debuts..

Heck, iirc the Arlong special was the most watched OP "episode" this year, and that was a remake airing just before a holiday. This one will probably get massive ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    It hardly matters considering most of these episodes are made weeks/months in advance from my understanding.

Putting that isn't going to change the quality of an episode that is already produced ahead of time anyway. They've got a buisness to run.

Bad Reputation

New anime special

Episode of Luffy

Film Z

Tie-in

Prequel

my body isn't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    *Laughs* I thought we'd get a special about Luffy and his training but still looks pretty good.
    Maybe the villain in Z is connected to Shanks??
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    *Laughs* I thought we'd get a special about Luffy and his training but still looks pretty good.
    Maybe the villain in Z is connected to Shanks??
    Well, the word is the Villain is a former admiral, so assuming he was an admiral along with Sengoku. It should be possible he & Shanks met several times during Roger's era.

So many awesome stuff is being released in December. Can't wait.

Apparently the story for this will involve Coby and Helmeppo, as well as a "Marine Commodore". I really hope it's Yarisugi lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information