View Poll Results: Pink or turquoise?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bon Kurei

203 61.70%
  • Fred (Awesome Octopus Fishman Next To Jimbe on Page 17 of Ch. 624)

126 38.30%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Kurei vs Awesome Octopus Fishman

Default Re: Bon Kurei vs Awesome Octopus Fishman

Oh, god, all those hype trains this time around really suck. I mean, really.

Like Satori? Yeah they do.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

@Devil G: No, that's Squid Girl's speech quirk.

It's still got a whole quarter tank left... for revvin'!

Awesome Octopus would beat the balls out of Satori if given opportunity.

Vote for the last Fishman in this tourney!!!
    (It's an actual shame.)
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

I don't like to brag or anything, but the animation in this video is off the charts. The detail in the backgrounds is almost at the Kubo Tite level of awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Not only that but he's not an 'Octopus' Guy...he's a Squid Guy, he has 4 - not 3, but 4 - sets of arms.
    Ah, but that is part of his tragedy, as you will discover in a moment.

He looks cools in that one panel...but that is it.
    He looks cool in both panels he is in.

We have no name,
    Fred.

no fighting technique,
    Greatest fishman swordsman in the world.

no personal info at all.
    His story is one of a paladin with big dreams. It starts in a slaughterhouse, where he discovered that he needed to protect someone so a prophecy would comes true. He at one time romanced Madame Shirley, but broke away from that task to join Fisher Tiger's crew, and then after that, travel the world for the sake of fullfilling the prophecy. Along the way he discovered the Master sword, thus increasing his already great skill, and fought toe to toe with Mihawk, who after a 200 hour battle conceded that Fred was quite skilled indeed, and could have the title of greatest fishman swordman in the world. Fred said "mihawk, you aren't half bad yourself, considering you've only got two arms." The two then went out drinking and partied with Shanks for a while, before Fred continued on his quest. Along the way he discovered a few more things about destiny, and that despite having been raised as an Octopus, is parents were not his true parents, was actually a Squid! Born and abandoned on Drafonmount, he was the Dragon Reborn, destined to fight the dark one in the Last Battle. Many more tales of romance (He had at least three more girlfriends) and danger followed, and he at a later dae made himself king of a small country by his own hand. But his tale would obscure that of Roger and Luffy, so Oda has wisely left him quietly on the sidelines, where he goes bowling with Pandaman every other Tuesday.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    @Devil G: No, that's Squid Girl's speech quirk.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2...idfishman1.png

It's still got a whole quarter tank left... for revvin'!
    Oh. English isn't my mother tongue, so i didn't know that expression, but i tried to say something like that. I suppose speech quirks are the peculiarities of one's way of talking, like -jamon, -sol la si do ( in the case of One Piece ), and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMate View Post
    I don't like to brag or anything, but the animation in this video is off the charts. The detail in the backgrounds is almost at the Kubo Tite level of awesomeness.

Yeah, almost. Those backgrounds need more air to be at Kubo's level. Oh, and awesome work, best campaign of this thread so far ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Fred.

His story is one of a paladin with big dreams. It starts in a slaughterhouse, where he discovered that he needed to protect someone so a prophecy would comes true. He at one time romanced Madame Shirley, but broke away from that task to join Fisher Tiger's crew, and then after that, travel the world for the sake of fullfilling the prophecy. Along the way he discovered the Master sword, thus increasing his already great skill, and fought toe to toe with Mihawk, who after a 200 hour battle conceded that Fred was quite skilled indeed, and could have the title of greatest fishman swordman in the world. Fred said "mihawk, you aren't half bad yourself, considering you've only got two arms." The two then went out drinking and partied with Shanks for a while, before Fred continued on his quest. Along the way he discovered a few more things about destiny, and that despite having been raised as an Octopus, he was actually a Squid! Many more tales of romance and danger followed, but his tale would obscure that of Roger and Luffy, so Oda has wisely left him quietly on the sidelines, where he goes bowling with Pandaman every other Tuesday.
    Screw Hyozou, Fred the "Octopus" Fishman has more personality in his hat than Hyozou has in his entire body...

Also, now I have the urge to 'shop Link's duds onto Fred. Curse you, Robby!

@Devil G: Yes, that's exactly right.

Fred.

His story is one of a paladin with big dreams. It starts in a slaughterhouse, where he discovered that he needed to protect someone so a prophecy would comes true. He at one time romanced Madame Shirley, but broke away from that task to join Fisher Tiger's crew, and then after that, travel the world for the sake of fullfilling the prophecy. Along the way he discovered the Master sword, thus increasing his already great skill, and fought toe to toe with Mihawk, who after a 200 hour battle conceded that Fred was quite skilled indeed, and could have the title of greatest fishman swordman in the world. Fred said "mihawk, you aren't half bad yourself, considering you've only got two arms." The two then went out drinking and partied with Shanks for a while, before Fred continued on his quest. Along the way he discovered a few more things about destiny, and that despite having been raised as an Octopus, is parents were not his true parents, was actually a Squid! Born and abandoned on Drafonmount, he was the Dragon Reborn, destined to fight the dark one in the Last Battle. Many more tales of romance (He had at least three more girlfriends) and danger followed, and he at a later dae made himself king of a small country by his own hand. But his tale would obscure that of Roger and Luffy, so Oda has wisely left him quietly on the sidelines, where he goes bowling with Pandaman every other Tuesday.
    ... I'm voting Fred.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

I think One Piece represents that very well.

Fred.

What's a paladin?
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

this takes word awesome to whole new level
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Thanks for the info I will revise my comment then ...to one chapter wonder
    Could've sworn I saw him in more than one chapter.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Devil G. View Post
    Yeah, almost. Those backgrounds need more air to be at Kubo's level. Oh, and awesome work, best campaign of this thread so far ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    this takes word awesome to whole new level
    Thanks guys, I've been waiting for about a month to unleash this video.

....Old Mate just took it to the NEXT LEVEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

OldMate won my vote

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Well i said i'd keep voting for awesome fishman if he won his first round. Didn't think it would mean a vote against Bon Clay though =/

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

*Killer awesome video*

NNID: Glitz-and-Glory

My god.....

I already voted for the last fishman, but seriously this is one of the best things posted so far (including the previous 2 tournaments).

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Damn, now I wish I could vote for him again.

I wasn't here for the last tournament, but is there like an award for most completely awesome campaign? Cause I think Aofsntj just won it.

Thread Information